• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Oath (413)

Visit the Episode GuideBATTLESTAR GALACTICA SEASON FOUR
    THE OATH
    EPISODE NUMBER - 413

Lt. Gaeta and Vice President Zarek move against Adama over his collaboration with the Cylons, launching an all-out coup and taking control of the fleet.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 25 April 2011, 04:34 PM.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr@ cliffie
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Great episode. Lots of people are dead, big plot developments. I loved it when Starbuck owned those Marines when they were assaulting Lee. I also like Adama's reaction to the bridge being seized, and the continuity that the show maintained (the Chief from Pegasus who took over after Tyrol resigned, the guy from Pegasus who doesn't like Helo, etc.

It was nice to see Lee in action again. Was also crazy hearing all of the automatic gunfire going through the hallways. Was cool seeing Tyrol helping out the Colonials after sounding like he was siding with the Cylons. Seeing Adama and Tigh kick ass was epic haha, they got those Marines good. And Adama killed his own crew eh? Isn't that the first time that he's killed someone other than a Cylon?

Roslin's speech to the fleet was really good, well until it was cut short. I was hoping that the episode would be wrapped up more at the end instead of a cliffhanger, but oh well it's kind of nice to have a cliffhanger again after a sort of slow start to this season.

But yeah all in all I'm really looking forward to next week's episode, this is a great storyline. And I liked Baltar a lot in this episode. They did a good job adding even more depth to him since New Caprica. I also loved Adama and Roslin making out hahahaha, that was quite random in front of everyone. At least they don't hide it anymore.

But dammit what a cliffhanger, I hate these. It seems extremely unlikely that no one will be harmed. Felix is a little crap disturber ruining everything.

I really hope next episode sees him with a bullet in the brains.

Next weeks episode looks really good. I doubt the people firing were shooting Adama though, probably someone else that they had lined up. My guess would be that one of the final five are executed, which could open up more understanding of their purpose.

I really like Adama's line to Felix haha, "Shove it up your ass".

It's so strange that the Cylon Basestar has become a refuge though. I bet that in the next episode the Viper attacking the Raptor will be intercepted by Raiders and owned.
      Last edited by Finger13; 30 January 2009, 07:06 PM.

Comment

OMG. Phenomenal. Just Fracking Phenomenal.

Comment

That was amazing. That was so intense at the end!
          Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Great stuff. I've sorely missed the action packed, adrenalin pumping aspect of Battlestar Galactica.

Comment

I am def a fan of this episode. Helo was absolutely retarded though... Get her ready for day care....

The previews for the next show were idiotic. I'd prefer that they do not give out any major info but noooooo...

Comment

I wonder if what was said in the preview next weeks episode was true.
                Spoiler:
                about Colonel Tigh being killed; it better not be true.
                Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

I cant wait to see how this is gona end. This is gona sound weird but when you have a To be Continued they should never show screen shots of the next ep IMO makes it more......Itense.
                  Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Battlestar does it's magic again. Last week's slow episode was SO worth it as a setup for this.

Reminds me of when I studied political science and studied different kinds of coups d'etat. There was always a major distinction between whether the senior staff was in on the coup (generally more successful - a la Season 1) or whether it was junior officers organizing things (who have trouble maintaining loyalty of the military - like now). Great stuff. Of course RDM and DE were both government majors, so they probably read the same stuff.

Comment

Gaeta blocking the transmission of the President of the Twelve Colonies is only a sign of totalitarianism in response to totalitarianism. I find it interesting that a relatively bloodless dictatorship is overturned by a murderous coup out for revenge rather than justice and the interests of the human race.

Adama made the mistake of not issuing a genuine pardon to all cylons when he had the chance.
                      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Commander View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        When did they say that? I completely missed it.

All I heard was that they had been found guilty of treason and would be executed.

It wouldn't surprise me though, Tigh getting executed. It can't be Adama.

Killing one or more of the final five would open the doorway to see them reintroduced somehow, or to shed light on them.

And yeah hahahaha that day care line was hilarious. Automatic gunfire erupts in the halls "better get her ready for day care"

Comment

I know it's a great ep of BSG when I spend most of the ep like this: O_O

No way both Tigh and Adama died at the end of that.

I laughed when Tigh realized why Roslin was in Adama's quarters, HA!

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Commander View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            God I know. Everyone could've fit on that damn Raptor.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                              When did they say that? I completely missed it.

All I heard was that they had been found guilty of treason and would be executed.

It wouldn't surprise me though,
                              Spoiler:
                              Tigh getting executed
                              . It can't be Adama.

Killing one or more of the final five would open the doorway to see them reintroduced somehow, or to shed light on them.

And yeah hahahaha that day care line was hilarious. Automatic gunfire erupts in the halls "better get her ready for day care"
                              Unless I'm mistaken, they said that right before they said that tried and found guilty of treason.

I also loved some other parts of the episode. Like when Starbuck and Lee kissed, Adama and Roslin kissed. I couldn't get enough of when Adama & Tigh were going through the ship, and standing their ground in the airlock.
                              Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

Working...
                              X