Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Program Going Public ?

Spoiler:

In all honesty, I think that it 1) Should have been two parts to stretch things out and 2) that it should have ended with the official announcement.

It should have gone public on the grounds that A) You can't possibly expect that people on Earth didn't see it via assorted telescopes and B) Unless you turn on the cloak, it can't possibly be hidden. A Naval quarantine doesn't do anything. If the characters can see the Golden Gate bridge then if you're standing on the bridge you'd be able to see it.

Last edited by HAL2100; 11 January 2009, 06:16 AM.
    The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
    It should have gone public on the grounds that A) You can't possibly expect that people on Earth didn't see it via assorted telescopes and B) Unless you turn on the cloak, it can't possibly be hidden. A Naval quarantine doesn't do anything. If the characters can see the Golden Gate bridge then if you're standing on the bridge you'd be able to see it.

They mentioned that the cloak was activated before they came into visual range. Remember they splashed down several hundred mile off of the coast of California.

Comment

Even though I'm more of a fan of Atlantis than SG-1, if and when they do go public with the Gate, it should be on a SG-1 movie, not an Atlantis episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
        Even though I'm more of a fan of Atlantis than SG-1, if and when they do go public with the Gate, it should be on a SG-1 movie, not an Atlantis episode.
        Don't read this if you DON'T have SciFi...
        Spoiler:

Given the events of Enemy at the Gate, I find it difficult to believe that it didn't go public by default

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
          Don't read this if you DON'T have SciFi...
          Spoiler:

Given the events of Enemy at the Gate, I find it difficult to believe that it didn't go public by default

Especially with all of the UFO watchers surrounding Area 51 on a daily basis.

Comment

Spoiler:

Originally posted by Phantom6 View Post
            They mentioned that the cloak was activated before they came into visual range. Remember they splashed down several hundred mile off of the coast of California.

I've only read the synopsis.

Launch Applie iTunes...
            Apple iTunes Software Notice acknowledged...
            Updating credit card information...
            Searching - keyword "Atlantis"...
            100 Results Found - keyword "Atlantis"...
            Select file - "Enemy at the Gate"...
            Searching within result...
            Match found...
            Adding file to cart...
            File successfully added to cart...
            Initiate automated check out...
            Authorization in progress, please wait...
            Authorization approved...
            Initiate download...
            Download in progress, estimated download time 4 hours...
            Increase bandwidth by 1,000 percent...
            Last edited by HAL2100; 11 January 2009, 06:16 AM.

Comment

This was merely the latest in a long line of events that could have, and should have, sent the gate public. They never truly have gone that deeply into the politics of Earth and what is going on, I imagine that conspiracy theories and stuff are popping up all the time in regards to this. And some of them are probably getting it right, or close too. The burden of secreacy is continuing to gather on the shoulders of these people and I do not imagine that before too long that the gate will be public, in fact it probably already technically is. Enough people probably know that something is up that it will not be a big shock when it goes official.

Comment

It's well within the capabilities of the SGC to cover this up, it's not going public unless they or the IOA want it to.

Comment

Oh please they might be cloaked on the ground but am I to believe that no one seen the uncloaked Wraith ship near the moon for the hours it was there, Atlantis in space, the massive explosions in space, Area 51 blowing up and a massive Wraith fight! Come on every amature astronimer could easily spot this, well a pair of binoculars pointed at the moon would let you see the Wraith ship lolz!

Comment

everyone has to remember the public are stupid lol

Comment

Originally posted by Superted View Post
                      Oh please they might be cloaked on the ground but am I to believe that no one seen the uncloaked Wraith ship near the moon for the hours it was there, Atlantis in space, the massive explosions in space, Area 51 blowing up and a massive Wraith fight! Come on every amature astronimer could easily spot this, well a pair of binoculars pointed at the moon would let you see the Wraith ship lolz!
                      And they would be "persuaded" to shut up.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Superted View Post
                        Yes because everyone has telescopes pointed just above area 51...
                        This isn't Atlantis?
                        I don't think so.
                        If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

Originally posted by Dark lord me View Post
                          Yes because everyone has telescopes pointed just above area 51...
                          Actually you would be surprised every night, just how many telescopes are pointed over the alleged Area 51 area a lot of people travel there on a daily basis in the hopes of seeing a UFO, not to mention those that live there!
                          I believe among your people it is customary to shake hands....... Just a little Wraith humor

Sig thanks to geekywraith *big hugs*

Comment

Originally posted by WraithHumor View Post
                            Actually you would be surprised every night, just how many telescopes are pointed over the alleged Area 51 area a lot of people travel there on a daily basis in the hopes of seeing a UFO, not to mention those that live there!
                            Half of those sightings are probably Reapers... which amuses me considerably...

Not that I don't believe in UFOs - in the truest sense of the word.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Remember that Atlantis would have been around twice the size of the full moon in the sky, and at least as bright, and the wraith ship would have been many times bigger.

It is simply *impossible* that no one saw. In fact, half the world should have see. Even if they were right over the pacific at the time China's east coast and the west coast of the Americas should have seen them both. You couldn't have missed them. Heck, even if it was overcast you'd *still* have seen them!

Comment

Working...
                              X