What happened with Teyla's family?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened with Teyla's family?

I was surprised Teyla didn't hold Torren at the balcony. This could be a better end, because now we know nothing. Is the child with his father, Kannan in Pegasus galaxy?
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

hmmm.....Oh you mean the invisible baby and the invisible lover
    sigpic

Comment

Teyla has a baby?! I thought that thing she held in that one episode was a bundle of laundry!

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
        Teyla has a baby?! I thought that thing she held in that one episode was a bundle of laundry!
        *cough* *splutter* *wipes saliva from monitor*
        sigpic

Comment

*waves hands cryptically*

Either Teyla left them in the PG and should have shown some concern about leaving them or she left them on Atlantis and should have shown some concern about Atlantis flying around and taking on a superhive. TPTB gave her zero reaction, so feel free to insert your assumption here until one of the PTB retrospectively tells and doesn't show. Yet again.

Comment

I'm going to assume that they're still in Pegasus. They wouldn't go on a suicide mission.

Comment

Based on previous episodes and her "almost retirement" due to being a mother I thought the issue would have at least been raised. As far as we know she abandoned her family without a second thought. Had it been a two part episode they would have had the time to address each characters feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by Javaguru View Post
                Based on previous episodes and her "almost retirement" due to being a mother I thought the issue would have at least been raised. As far as we know she abandoned her family without a second thought. Had it been a two part episode they would have had the time to address each characters feelings.
                Time is a poor excuse. Better to have a less dramatic plot than cram an hour full of poorly thought out ideas and massive plot holes and inconsistencies.

Comment

Originally posted by lunarleviathan View Post
                  Time is a poor excuse. Better to have a less dramatic plot than cram an hour full of poorly thought out ideas and massive plot holes and inconsistencies.
                  I concur...

Comment

Originally posted by lunarleviathan View Post
                    I think TPTB were setting up alot of arcs that were supposed to be answered in Season 6. But then they found out it was going to be canceled. So I guess there are going to be many things that are going to have to be answered in the movies. Like what happened to Lt. Ford!!!???
                    sigpic

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/brettsuddreth

Comment

I thought about this too a bit. My conclusion came to be that Teyla spoke to her family outside of the camera so to say. And they do have the necessary technology to send her home again, granted it might take a few weeks by ship, but she will still get back as I don't think they will abandon the pegasus galaxy, but set up an alpha site at least if they don't return with Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
                        Well you're half right. In the scenes she was bouncing around with the child it was a bundle of laundry with a plastic baby in it.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Kannan probably started a custody battle after the events of this episode.

Comment

You know, they would be in an awkward situation. Either go on a death trip with Atlantis, or stay in Pegasus and let the Wraith possibly eat you.

Comment

Doesn't seem like much of a decision to me, the chances of surviving the trip were 50/50, and it was also pretty likely they could die even when they got to Earth, would have been much safer in Pegasus IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X