Why couldn't Earth's allies help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why couldn't Earth's allies help?

With all the talk of ships available and not available, I couldn't understand why the SGC didn't try to contact the Jaffa or the remaining Tok'ra for help -- sure a few Alkesh or Motherships could've helped protect Earth. Remember, when Shep, Carter & Davis originally were planning Earth's defense, they still thought they had weeks to prepare -- certainly SG teams could have been sent to ask for help.

I know, a nitpick, but it's canon and I'd really like to understand why it was tossed aside.

Like I said, the more you analyze this episode, the more you realise how stupid it was and how full of plot devices and contrivances it was.

Comment

I think you answered your own question. The Hive ship appeared a lot sooner then they originally thoughts. Besides a few Alkesh and Ha'tak wouldn't have helped when two 304 couldn't make a dent
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

They all ready have a topic like this.
        Seriously They Couldn'
        t Mount a Better Defense?

Then Post #23 specifically asked your question.

:-)

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I think you answered your own question. The Hive ship appeared a lot sooner then they originally thoughts. Besides a few Alkesh and Ha'tak wouldn't have helped when two 304 couldn't make a dent
          Yeah - I 'get' the surprise element of the Hive showing up early but in the early discussions about ships available, there should have been some recognition of the larger scale relations between the Tau'ri and the rest of the galaxy. If it wasn't for the Tau'ri, the Jaffa wouldn't be free, for crying out loud!

Whether it would have been enough or not, wasn't the real issue -- that's a 4th act surprise. In the earlier acts, the attempt could have been made -- and would have done a nice job of completing the circle regarding SGA and it's place in the franchise's canon.

At least we got some nice SGC moments. I forgot how much I miss Sam and even Major Davis.

Comment

The Jaffa don't like Earth anymore so I guess that's why they wouldn't have came to help. And after losing so many ships to the Ori, I doubt they wanted to loose anymore to the Wraith. And the Wraith were only attacking Earth, not the Jaffa.

Vala,

Comment

The two 304's had time to get across the galaxy I bet a couple of the closest Ha'tak could have made it to earth.

I guess what I think is that yes they would not have made a difference but the symbolic nature that they would help defend us in a time of need would have helped.

Comment

304 have intergalactic drives and are much faster than Ha'taks
                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

In season 10 of SG-1 alone, we saw three prominent Jaffa leaders who weren't fans of earth (Gerak, who wasn't openly hostile but was FAR less friendly towards the Tau'ri than Teal'c and Bra'tac; the guy who convinced the council to break their treaty, and then kidnapped General Landry in "Counter Strike"; and the guy from "Talion" who had control of tons of naquada and might've attacked earth).

Now, it's a bit of a stretch, but the IOA might not have thought that the Jaffa were reliable, and, thinking that the Hive was still days or weeks away, were not yet prepared to look weak before an unstable and unpredictable galactic power that could take advantage of percieved weakness and attack earth with a vast armada if they took a shine to the notion.

Of course, it's much simpler (and in my opinion, cooler) to have Atlantis and super-hive exchange broadsides in low Earth orbit without interference, so our allies were conveniently busy.

Comment

Well Earth was warn weeks ahead of the Wraith Invasion, after the battle with 2 Earth 304 , it was still many days before the Wrtiah arrival.So the superHive 's arrival were ahead of the schedule.
                    Earth had plenty of time to request help from Jaffa nation, i accept if the Jaffa ship was caught unexpected about a day or two before they arrive.
                    Teal fought witht the Wraith he know the danger to the Jaffa nation if the Wraith take a foothold on Earth.
                    Even the Tok'ra were reasonable people , if they know about the Wraith's invasion, Even the most anti-Earth Tok'ra would send every cargo ship they have for help, it is not like they have anying else to do after the fall of the Goa'uld.

To be honest , the writer could write something like "The Jaffa ship a at least a day or two away"

In star Trek , the battle of Wolf 359 against the Borg
                    40 starship ,some of them were were sent from the Klingon Empire.Even the Kingon make better and reliable allies than the one we got.

Comment

Unless you want Ori motherships to come through the supergate, none of our other 'allies' [read: Jaffa] would have stood a chance against the hive. Besides, I think the hyperdrive speed of our allies' [read: Jaffa's] ships might have been a deciding factor.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

of course they could (if being more then 5 i'd say - as the hive would have had to divide firepower and if they'd kept moving (unlike the daedalus, which in every spacebattle (except the one against the replicators) plays sitting DUCK and then runs (or is unable to run and relies on shep/mckay to save it) flying pass by's and hitting it constantly

greetings LAX

Comment

Why would Earth allies want to help?

Comment

Jaffa where our main allies but after the events of season 10 it is very unlikely they would be willing to help, the Ori army in not sure if they can control the motherships as they were controlled by the priors

Does ssem daft that in the end we where left to fend for ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by digitalred93 View Post
                              With all the talk of ships available and not available, I couldn't understand why the SGC didn't try to contact the Jaffa or the remaining Tok'ra for help -- sure a few Alkesh or Motherships could've helped protect Earth. Remember, when Shep, Carter & Davis originally were planning Earth's defense, they still thought they had weeks to prepare -- certainly SG teams could have been sent to ask for help.

I know, a nitpick, but it's canon and I'd really like to understand why it was tossed aside.
                              This episode was rather differently planed than what we saw. Propably it was planned to be a two parter(with the other part at season 6) and they just shoved everything in it. It looked like watching the latest news on TV to me.... things happening to fast...
                              Spoiler:
                              APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                              (YEAR 0 - 100)
                              "O thou Sun,
                              send me as far over the earth
                              as is my pleasure and thine,
                              and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                              but never hear anything of bad ones,
                              nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Working...