Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was this episode not a 2-part episode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why was this episode not a 2-part episode?

why was this not a two parter?!?! they could have done so much more with this. They destroyed the chair, its like they painted themselves into a corner and used kamikaze wraith to fix it. it could have been like a wraith infiltration, so much more exciting. now this was a good episode, just coulda done alot more. there also was NO lead up what so ever to the new stargate universe except for the week excuse for a promo at the end. the thing i did like is how woolsie got the last word. theres just somthing about him i like.

Does anyone else think this would have made a much better TV movie than one-hour finale? The story was great and somehow they managed to pull it off in an hour, but it did feel rushed. What if the ZPM's weren't as easy to get to? What if they focused more on Ronan's "death"? (Which I was convinced of btw, seeing as I've read Jason Momoa was ready to leave the show after this season anyway).

I don't know. I liked it, but I would have loved for it to get more time. I wish Sci-Fi would have ok'd an extra hour.

Comment

I agree, I would have liked to see the Apollo and Sun Tzu try to take on the wraith. And not need the Wormhole Drive.

Comment

I agree, it could have been much better with two hours to work with.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by airic82 View Post
          Does anyone else think this would have made a much better TV movie than one-hour finale? The story was great and somehow they managed to pull it off in an hour, but it did feel rushed. What if the ZPM's weren't as easy to get to? What if they focused more on Ronan's "death"? (Which I was convinced of btw, seeing as I've read Jason Momoa was ready to leave the show after this season anyway).

I don't know. I liked it, but I would have loved for it to get more time. I wish Sci-Fi would have ok'd an extra hour.
          I honestly believe Sci Fi didn't want to spend the money on it, honestly. I mean, they didn't do it when Atlantis started (Right? It was a "part one" and a "part two"...right?) and they didn't do it when it ended. It would have been poetic, amazing...but no. It was rushed. :/

But it was amazing. :-) I liked it!

Comment

I originally thought it was going to be two hours. I wish it was. While I like the episode, they did seem to cram alot into it and some characters like Beckett hardly got any screentime.
            sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

More Kavanaugh!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                More Kavanaugh!
                LOL. Don't know whether to laugh or cry on that one!
                sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                  More Kavanaugh!
                  He's just like a cockroach, no matter what you do he just scurries away and won't die...Oh wait...that's Michael...
                  When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                  Zatnikitelman

Comment

It should have been a to be continued and have the movie wrap it up. 1hr was WAY to short!

Comment

it was a good episode but if made a two parter it could have been legen....wait for it...DARY!!!

Comment

To me everything felt rushed, not in a good way, not in the good jam packed everything is there for a reason and fits way, but a we took out twenty things and spliced the rest together with out them kind of way. Ending was cute though.

Comment

I enjoyed it (except for the ending... I will forever hit stop at Sam saying "Looks like Atlantis is coming home") but each time I watch it I come away wishing there had been soooooooooooo much more time. At least two parts and they could have done the story justice.
                          sigpic

Comment

I feel exactly the same way. Should have either been a two-parter or a 'to be continued' in the first SGA movie. Way to short
                            sigpic
                            By *E*K*R*

Comment

The amount of stuff that happened off screen, it really should've been longer. The Apollo and Sun Tzu's battle with the hive, more of the dogfight, and the wormhole drive; my god that was a huge let down. As soon as Zelenka mentioned it i thought, "ok this is new, but it's building to a big climax where we see what Atlantis is capable" but no.

And Earths defense was really quite pathetic, seeing all ships take of the Wraith combined with Atlantis would've felt more "right". But whatever, not the worst ep ever, but not the way i would've liked it to bow out.

Comment

Working...
                              X