This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodbye Atlantis

I know there are movies coming out, but goodbye to the series! now that Atlantis is over, i have even less to watch on tv anymore.

Heroes
    Lost
    Stargate

you could try fringe
    sigpic

Comment

I literally just registered 5 minutes to post my thoughts on the last episode of Atlantis. I thought the episode was great even though you could see that they had rushed most of the episode (worm drive c'mon). They should have turned the episode into a two parter or just ended it with the Hive reaching earth, and then start the movies from the that point to give a proper closing. I was glad how they ended it though with Atlantis returning to Earth.

I'll be honest cause I haven't posted any of my thoughts on the cancellation. I think SciFi has really screwed up canceling Atlantis this early in the series. The series was just starting to become really good like SG-1 when SciFi picked it up. I mean 4 hours of movies each year to tell the story? Its not going to be enough. If you really think about it Atlantis and SG-1 really were excellent ideas storyline wise. I thin Universe will be good but not as good as the SGA or SG-1. Having people permanently stranded on a ship they cant control. Storyline wise i think the first few episodes will be good but the show is gonna get boring; The only reason why BSG can do it is cause they can change the ships coarse. I will DVR Universe and watch it when I have free time but I wont make it a point to be there to watch it live. I have a feeling Universe is going to see a huge ratings drop and it might end up not getting renewed for a second season, at which point I hope SciFi realizes their mistake and tries to bring Atlantis back. You don't create a new show when the other is dropping in ratings you figure out a way to make the story more interesting, they did it with SG-1 and they could have certainly done it with Atlantis.

So SciFi will have a new Stargate show and a new Battlestar that I think most people agree will be soso shows, I hope both Atlantis and SG-1 get released on Blu-ray soon, cause I'm done watching the repeats on the SciFi network, When its not doing good in ratings they cancel and start a new show.

Comment

The first season of atlantis was really bad that I mostly ignored the episodes but from second season it began to improve and in 5th season they kind of picked up but I guess probably their viewer number dropped so they are canceling it.

Comment

It will be missed. Hope the movies do it justice.

Comment

Originally posted by donutman925 View Post
            I think SciFi has really screwed up canceling Atlantis this early in the series.
            My understanding is that it was a mutual agreement between SciFi and the series' producers to cancel it; and while the producers insist the timing between their decision to end it, and their decision to launch another spin-off, is sheer coincidence, I remain convinced otherwise. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to seeing where Universe takes the franchise, especially given that most of the people behind SG-1 and Atlantis will be working on Universe as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
              I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
                Originally posted by Dwparsnip View Post
                I agree.
                me too

Comment

Originally posted by Shaod View Post
                  you could try fringe
                  is it sci fi?
                  Spoiler:
                  APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                  (YEAR 0 - 100)
                  "O thou Sun,
                  send me as far over the earth
                  as is my pleasure and thine,
                  and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                  but never hear anything of bad ones,
                  nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

I have nothing to do on Friday nights now... *waits impatiently for Universe*

Comment

bye bye

Comment

I can't beleive that both Stargates are over. We've watched them for 11 years...

Comment

That's normal.... i watched them for 1 year , both, and i got stucked like bug by the light.
                          Spoiler:
                          APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                          (YEAR 0 - 100)
                          "O thou Sun,
                          send me as far over the earth
                          as is my pleasure and thine,
                          and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                          but never hear anything of bad ones,
                          nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Bye Atlantis! Out with the old, in with the new is what I say. Atlantis really tugged at the "rabbit out of a hat trick" they could literally invent anything for any situation. Worm Drives, Hyper space Puddle Jumpers, creating human form replicators, Replicator ascension, etc.

Comment

Working...
                            X