A way to make a Big Feature film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A way to make a Big Feature film

OK, I have heard that there is some contact, or could be, that Kirt Russel has with MGM that he has to be in the next big-budget film. Well that is easily fixed. Call him in!

Really, we have other dimensions, right? Maybe that O'Niel's (with ONE L) universe started their gate program differently then ours, and he has his own team and somehow gets thrown into our SG-1's universe. O'Niel and his SG-1 brings with him some uber bad guy and our SG-1 must save the day. That actually would be really, really cool and explain the minor differences between our SG-1 and Stargate the movie. What you think?

Personally, I've had enough with alternate universes... although I'm not exactly sure what you mean... exactly. It is unlikely that anywhere, an O'Nei(l) commands an SG-1. And even if he did, it really wouldn't be SG-1... kind of. They would never make an SG movie more than a direct to DVD film, and Kurt Russel probably has better things to do. Although I havn't seen alot of him lately... (not that I'm looking)

Anubis 10545 on Stargate Wiki - A database for all Stargate knowledge.

Comment

I watched the original stargate film a few weeks back and to be honest, it just felt wrong. I love the characters from the series and if they made a big budget feature film that had most of the normal cast but had Russel in the lead, that would be an enormous mistake. I am not sure that the nature of the release dictates who is cast, I would imagine that it would depend on who is producing it. I have struggled to get my head around the whole 'who owns the rights to make stargate' thing.
      sigpic

Comment

I was reading an article awhile ago where Dean Devlin had said He wanted to do a sequel to the original Stargate movie...he stated that even though he had not watched the series he didn't think that having a totally different story arc would cause much confusion because the tv series has a well established base.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis10545 View Post
          Kurt Russel probably has better things to do.
          I am not saying that I like this idea for a plot, but how could anyone have anything better to do than a Stargate movie?
          Last edited by Liam Kincaid; 10 January 2009, 01:22 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

<Snipped by Mod>

the original stargate film was meant to have 2 sequels but they never got around to making them recently they've been in talks to actually make those to sequels and their not gonna have anything to do with sg-1 or atlantis their gonna follow on from stargate the movie

http://www.aintitcool.com/?q=node/24247
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 10 January 2009, 11:39 PM. Reason: watch the language ,please !
            Bring back ford

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              I watched the original stargate film a few weeks back and to be honest, it just felt wrong. I love the characters from the series and if they made a big budget feature film that had most of the normal cast but had Russel in the lead, that would be an enormous mistake. I am not sure that the nature of the release dictates who is cast, I would imagine that it would depend on who is producing it. I have struggled to get my head around the whole 'who owns the rights to make stargate' thing.
              I think the same, really. And I wasn't saying he would be the lead, just in the movie.

Originally posted by nlcol View Post
              <<Snipped by Mod>>

the original stargate film was meant to have 2 sequels but they never got around to making them recently they've been in talks to actually make those to sequels and their not gonna have anything to do with sg-1 or atlantis their gonna follow on from stargate the movie

http://www.aintitcool.com/?q=node/24247

If that happens I'm not sure how I would like that. I mean, how could MGM have two different Stargate franchises, which is essentially what this guy wants to do? I know it is his baby, and he had an idea and he wants to run with it, but I can say if it doesn't have Micheal Shanks and RDA...most Stargate fans would not enjoy the film(s) he wants to make, and it may kill the chances of a SG-1 big feature film...maybe even more movies. I just hope if a big feature SG movie happens that they include the TV series actors.
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 10 January 2009, 11:42 PM. Reason: Removed the piece that was snipped fom the post you replied to. :)

Comment

No I'm happy with the O'Neill we've got.

Comment

Plus these alternate realities are really starting to annoy me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
                    No I'm happy with the O'Neill we've got.
                    So am I, I just wish we could have a big motion picture with my fav show. However, according to Wiki (which isn't very reliable) MGM lost the rights to a big motion picture to Liongates...which is why they made the TV show. So we may not have to bring Kurt Russel into this big feature just MGM buy the rights back.

Comment

There is no way, with the current financial climate, that a studio would take such a gamble to make a $100m plus movie which totally contradicts everything that its fanbase know and love. If a Stargate movie ever does make it to the big screen again, they will play it as safe as possible and have the characters we all know, just on a bigger stage. At least that way they know they have an established fan base that will give them a good launching pad to making money on the film
                      sigpic

Comment

well if they ever do a a big feature film theyd need to do it soon if they want o neill in it because im getting the feeling this next sg1 movie might be rdas last stargate appearance.dude aint getting younger

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                          well if they ever do a a big feature film theyd need to do it soon if they want o neill in it because im getting the feeling this next sg1 movie might be rdas last stargate appearance.dude aint getting younger
                          or thinner!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                            There is no way, with the current financial climate, that a studio would take such a gamble to make a $100m plus movie which totally contradicts everything that its fanbase know and love. If a Stargate movie ever does make it to the big screen again, they will play it as safe as possible and have the characters we all know, just on a bigger stage. At least that way they know they have an established fan base that will give them a good launching pad to making money on the film
                            The problem is (I actually started a thread more about the rumored "Stargate 2") that the studio and the original writers were considering such a feat. Whether or not they still are, who knows (it was I think a year or two ago), but the fact remains, the did consider it. But I am on the same page, thats kinda what I don't want to see; unless somehow they make it where it will make sense. Another dimension, another reality or something like that. Because it would be interesting to see where the original writers wanted the series to go, I just want it to make sense and not be two different things. It just would be weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
                              I just want it to make sense and not be two different things. It just would be weird.
                              I completely agree. If they did make another movie or 2 completely seperate from the TV shows, I think I would find it hard to watch it without having all this SG1/SGA canon in my head making it harder to enjoy what the original writers conceived. Who knows, there ideas may be awesome, but I just don't think it would work. However it may only be hardcore SG1/SGA fans who it is ruined for and the remaining 97% of people might love it. Big gamble though.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X