So many unresolved issues!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So many unresolved issues!

Bah! That's the best they could do? Talk about a case of the writers and producers just giving up on the series! I don't think there's any excuse for what I we just watched. For whatever reason, and we may never really know why, the plug got pulled without even an opportunity to do a proper ending.

There are way too many issues left unresolved for me to feel good about this episode. And don't go and say "that leaves more for the movies" SG1 at least got a nice, iconic series ender in 'Unending' that left us all, while sad to see it go, with a feel-good feeling about it all. And this without any resolution of the Ori issue. There was nothing in this episode however, except the one brief and entirely see-through moment of drama
    Spoiler:
    where we almost lost Ronin.

Too, who really thinks, after this poor investment in the franchise, that they'll ever raise the kind of money for a SG:A movie like they did for Continuum. More likely they'll try and make one with the budget of Sharks in Venice.

What about Weir, for example? We all know she's still out there somewhere. How about some resolution there? Maybe she ascended, and pulls a Daniel Jackson and interferes? I don't know I don't write this stuff.

Admittedly, as episodes go, this would have been a pretty cool one, what with Atlantis
    Spoiler:
    landing back on earth..
    but it all happened so fast, with none of the usual drama over McCay figuring out some technological fix, or perhaps a great last-minute "proves himself" moment of strategy and heroism by Woolsey. And coming off the heels of 'Vegas' which was stylistically one of the most experimental things they've done in years with the show (though they only committed to this for about 1/2 the episode, then reverted to the normal SG:A feel), how could we be anything but disapppointed?

I guess I feel let down. Maybe they HAD to end it now; maybe the deal was SG:A had to end if they were going to get all the money they need for Universe. But still, I feel let down.

Weir is frozen in space and will forever remain so for fear of attracting other Asurans which was trap in subspace.

And the Actor wants nothing more to do with the show and so get over it.

Comment

well, I think they did very well on such short notice. I'm sure they had many future episodes plan'd but then they were canned so I'm guessing they cramed a 2pt episode into 1. I'm guessing it was ment to be a cliffhanger ending. prehapps ending with the hive ship over earth or entering the milky way.

Comment

Working...
      X