Teyla: Heroine or Horrible Mother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teyla: Heroine or Horrible Mother

Did Teyla forget she is abandoning her child in Pegasus? Woolsey made it clear they probably wouldn't make it out alive and Teyla seemed pretty okay with it. I would have thought, hmm, Atlantis=surrogate family / Torren=Actual family. Any criticisms?

P.s. EATG reminded me why I'm glad it's over. It's an addiction, but it's not good for me.

Originally posted by ithinkitsmagic View Post
    Did Teyla forget she is abandoning her child in Pegasus? Woolsey made it clear they probably wouldn't make it out alive and Teyla seemed pretty okay with it. I would have thought, hmm, Atlantis=surrogate family / Torren=Actual family. Any criticisms?

P.s. EATG reminded me why I'm glad it's over. It's an addiction, but it's not good for me.
    I think Torren was on Atlantis. Or at least, he was to my knowledge.

Comment

So is Atlantis defenseless? They weren't left on the mainland were they? I don't think Teyla's a horrible mother. She's fighting for the long-term well-being of her son and others.

Comment

On this evidence, horrible mother.

Comment

Unless Kanaan took Torren off Atlantis he was there (scary to think about with the battle at Earth but anyway)

Anytime Teyla goes off with the team she faces not coming back. Every. Single. Time.

Comment

Originally posted by ithinkitsmagic View Post

We really don't know where Teyla's family is. We have seen where they have a home on Atlantis so I would assume they would be there with her. I really can't see Teyla leaving them behind, especially since she doesn't know if and when she would be back.

Her family isn't intregal to the storyline so I wouldn't have expected to see them in the episode.
            sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Hey, maybe Enemy at the Gate is set in yet another Alternate Reality and Torren and Kaanan don't even exist.
              Fixed that one.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TragicComedy View Post
                Unless Kanaan took Torren off Atlantis he was there (scary to think about with the battle at Earth but anyway)

Anytime Teyla goes off with the team she faces not coming back. Every. Single. Time.
                Yeah, but she doesn't leave her child with a 50/50 chance of being vaporised each time does she?

Comment

To the Question:

she is neither (yes the answer is coming from me not liking her, personality wise and from her looks ^^ - like Sam a hell of a lot better, even if she is twice my age (approximately, don't really know amandas age)) as she fights, but out of necessity and i have not seen her trying to be the hero (in the way shep does, with suicide missions - the stunt with the nuke he pulled twice and survived because of luck)

Greets, LAX

Comment

difficult question, 1 could say horrible mother as she's going off on missions abandoning her son and then again she could be heroine going out to protect her son's future

Comment

So by this logic every cop is a horrible mother/father. We don't know if Torrin and Kannan are on Atlantis or back in Pegasus. If the latter Kannan told her that she is needed out there with us. If they are on Atlantis the argument is moot.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

The fact that we have no idea what happened to Torren is just one of the many problems with this rushed episode. It's ridiculous that the writers didn't think it was necessary to let the audience know the fate of Teyla's child and his "babysitter".
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                          The fact that we have no idea what happened to Torren is just one of the many problems with this rushed episode. It's ridiculous that the writers didn't think it was necessary to let the audience know the fate of Teyla's child and his "babysitter".
                          Give them a break. You can't expect every plot thread to be resolved in 43 minutes.Sure it's a minor oversight but that's it.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                            Give them a break. You can't expect every plot thread to be resolved in 43 minutes.Sure it's a minor oversight but that's it.
                            But it was such a simple thing to explain.

Just a few lines at the end of the episode would've done it...

Assuming Kanaan & Torren are on Atlantis:

Sheppard: How is Torren?
                            Teyla: He and Kanaan are a little shook up, but otherwise unharmed.

If they were left behind:

Sheppard: Don't worry, we'll get you back to them.
                            Teyla: I know you will. I really miss them (or something to that effect)

Would've had more of a place in the episode than Banks chatting up Chewie.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                              Give them a break!? I don't consider overlooking a major part of a main character's life a "minor oversight". Including a line telling us where the baby is would only have taken a few seconds.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana

Comment

Working...
                              X