This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Intelligence Directorate

The NID has returned after a short communications Hiatus. We will be accepting new applications for employment and expect all current employees to respond to this thread.

Director C.
    If the Army is the force that wounds the enemy, then we are the strike that finishes them off.

can you explain that in detail for a noob???

Comment

This is a continuation of a previous thread on the old forum. I will post our mandate shortly.

Director C.
      If the Army is the force that wounds the enemy, then we are the strike that finishes them off.

Comment

Hello Director C!
        Wow! New digs! Very cool!
        Got a bit lost on the way here though! The registration process got me a little harrased and confused! Had to zat the computer!

Been a little busy with other things. You know top secret, same old - same old.

Anyhow - responding as requested!

Good to be back!

Agent Janus
        Wormhole theory, motorcycle riding and lock-picking. Not necessarily in that order

Comment

Can you explain what the heck this is for people who were not on the old forum?

Comment

greetings director C this is your old assasin, all around wet works agent reporting in. the problem is i forgot my code name.

Comment

Hi!
              To everyone thats a little confused! Hope I can help! Director C's probably the guy to answer questions. Here goes. On the old forum Director C started a message thread saying looking for people to join the N.I.D - similar to those roleplay game sites that are out there in cyberspace. Only we'd conduct everything through the stargate forum on an ordinary thread. When you "joined" you'd get a super-cool agent name! And Director C - being the big cheese about here - would give out "assignments" in line with the current SG-1verse. It's just a bit of fun - role playing but not as our fearless heros SG-1! Nope! As the shadowy, morally ambiguious, N.I.D!!!
              I guess anyone can join - knowledge of the show would be handy!

So, if you want to belong to the N.I.D joing up today!

Hope it helped!

Also - we have a nemisis?!
              Wormhole theory, motorcycle riding and lock-picking. Not necessarily in that order

Comment

To all,

Agent Janus pretty much explained the nature of this thread in the old forums. It started from a conversation between myself, Major Clanger and several other posters about the necessity of obeying military ethics when facing an enemy that was not nor will ever be a signatory to any humanitarian conventions.

From there it became a discussion on the positive and negative aspects of fighting a combatant like the Goa'uld with the methods employed by the NID. The "join the NID" thread was an attempt to determine the number of people that could sympathize with the darker, more pragmatic NID.

With the new forums, we are once again starting this thread for the old membership and those new people who want to role-play the ethics and mores of warfighting and intelligence gathering.

For those interested, please post your specialty (areas of interest or employment) and what you think you would be good at. We need people for all fields (legal, operations, research and development, recon, admin, HR, publicity, IT, etc...). I will then look over your application, post the contract that Agent Janus created and then wait for your acceptance.

Once accepted, you will be given a task and asked to describe the method in which you would deal with it. We encourage alternative thinking and problem solving while keeping in mind available resources, possible repercussions for the organization and Earth and the philosophy of the NID.

So to all those who want to try their hand at the "hidden war", sign-up!

Director C.

Note: In light of recent events in Iraq, there has been a lot of attention on violations of the Geneva Convention. I would ask that people keep in mind that this is "role-playing" and neither myself or any of the site staff/moderators or posters support the torture of POW's or mistreatment of civilians in any way.

Comment

Director C,
                  would you like for me to repost my qualifications?

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                    Director C,
                    would you like for me to repost my qualifications?

Could you please repost your information so that other people can get an idea.

Your new name will be Agent Phobos.

Director C.

Comment

I have extensive experience in wet works, assasination, sabotage, and intelligence gathering. If you need to send a message or need it to look like an acident Im your man. My skills are applicable for running stealth operations to atain alien technology. I am a master of weapons and insurgency tactics. I am also well experienced in spying, subversion, and information gathering.

Agent Phobos standing by and awaiting new orders Directo C

Comment

Hello N.I.D agents!
                        My assigned agent name is Agent Janus. My area of expertise is law. I look at contracts, the legality of top secret N.I.D stuff. I'm happy to push paper about and count paper-clips, you get the picture. When I'm needed, I give legal advice. My area of expertise is on trade agreements but any general legal stuff - I'm your girl!

Oh! Remeber to ask Director C about the perks of working for the N.I.D!

So... Director C - ready and awaiting new orders...

Comment

Originally posted by gategirl101
                          Hello N.I.D agents!
                          My assigned agent name is Agent Janus. My area of expertise is law. I look at contracts, the legality of top secret N.I.D stuff. I'm happy to push paper about and count paper-clips, you get the picture. When I'm needed, I give legal advice. My area of expertise is on trade agreements but any general legal stuff - I'm your girl!

Oh! Remeber to ask Director C about the perks of working for the N.I.D!

So... Director C - ready and awaiting new orders...
                          Agent Janus, good to see you back.

Your first assignment will be to post the contracts that you had made for the old forum so that people can get an idea about what the conditions for employment are.

Agent Phobos, you are to examine the emergence of new Goa'uld system lords in light of certain recent events and determine the best methods for collecting intelligence now that we cannot rely upon previous allied assistance in information collection and analysis.

Director C

Comment

Agent Phobos acknowledges and confirms reception of orders. will report back with all do haste

Comment

Hey Director C!
                              Read and understood my order. I'll make the employment contracts more compact - they were a bit too long the last time. I'll report back as soon as I can.
                              Agent Janus signing out.

Comment

Working...
                              X