Wormhole Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wormhole Drive

So what do you think about it? A good move by the writers, bad, or a weak plot device?

How does it exactly work? If there was an explanation, it was very quick since the episode itself was quick.

Ask more questions regarding it.

Discuss.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
    and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Either weak plot device or setting the stage for the ship from Universe being able to jump between galaxies quickly.

Comment

I cant believe they did not even show it activate. Thats the least they could do for such a weak plot device.

Comment

I'm guessing and hoping that the wormhole drive is their "this is not Stargate Voyager" plot device in Universe, but of course they'd need a reason to have us not find them immediately... probably something about us having to figure out where they are first.
        Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
          Either weak plot device or setting the stage for the ship from Universe being able to jump between galaxies quickly.
          I thought the same possibility.

Originally posted by Moao View Post
          I cant believe they did not even show it activate. Thats the least they could do for such a weak plot device.
          I thought the same as well...I wanted to see it activate and deactivate. Oh well...

Comment

Extremely weak plot device... they should of just stuck to 'getting the hyperdrive back online'. The only reason I can think of is they are setting up Atlantis for the next movie.

Comment

I believe it was a cheesy attempt to set the stage for SGU as Starsaber said. However i thought that the SGU ship was built millions of years ago and the Atlantis version was abandoned. If they had a working Wormhole drive why would they have abandoned the Atlantis version?

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
                Extremely weak plot device... they should of just stuck to 'getting the hyperdrive back online'. The only reason I can think of is they are setting up Atlantis for the next movie.
                I thought the same thing once they mentioned the Wormhole Drive, but oh wells...What is done, is done...

Originally posted by AncientsRGods View Post
                I believe it was a cheesy attempt to set the stage for SGU as Starsaber said. However i thought that the SGU ship was built millions of years ago and the Atlantis version was abandoned. If they had a working Wormhole drive why would they have abandoned the Atlantis version?
                Maybe the Atlantis version was more complex, advanced? Who knows? Many speculative options.

Comment

I wondered why we hadn't heard of it before. Usually when McKay comes up with a new theory he gloats about it for a while.

I think it was both kind of cool and a huge plot device...at least they could've shown it activating....

Comment

good lord, that was the coolest idea ever! and then they didnt show **** about it. biggest let down of the episode. kinda like on the pilot episode shepard and ford land outside the hive ship in the jumper and then there just inside all of a sudden. o well, hopefully this is a set up for SGU, cuz i was bummed there wasnt much of a mention to the new team or the plot of the next series

Comment

ZELENKA
                      Wormhole drive. It-it's nearly instantaneous travel across enormous distances. It's not unlike gate travel itself. If it works, it could have us at Earth in a matter of seconds. Now, the calculations are incredibly complex. If we're off even by a fraction…it could be very bad.
                      =biggest WTF in 200 episodes of Atlantis.
                      When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                      Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by zatnikitelman View Post
                        =biggest wtf in 200 episodes of atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
                          It should have been 200...
                          But that was certainly interesting, though... Nice to see Atlantis in a space battle for once. It was pretty cool. Earth reentry was kind of neat to see.

Comment

Personally, I didn't really mind the whole wormhole drive thing. Maybe I was too wrapped up in enjoying the episode to really care if it was just a plot device or not.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I thought it was a cheesy plot device. Would have been better if they reached the outer edge of the milkyway and they had the problems. We've seen Asgard travel really fast, they could have made it to earth in a short amount of time, rather than just make up some new transportation device.

Comment

Working...
                              X