Where was SG-1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where was SG-1?

Where was SG-1 during all of this? There hasn't been a single instance since the SGC went into operation that SG-1 wasn't a part of when the world was at stake. They weren't even mentioned to be doing anything. We heard something from O'Neill, we saw Carter (but not a SG-1 Carter), but neither were taking an active role in deterring the wraith ship.

Wheres the clever SG-1 plan to sneak into the ship and cause some mayhem? Where was Teal'c enlisting the aid of Bra'tac and the Jaffa to help defend Earth? Cam Mitchells day off? Vala I could understand, she's kind of irresponsible to begin with. What about good old Daniel Jackson? He's the most responsible one of SG-1, so where is he?

Because this is Stargate Atlantis not SG-1
    there’s a decent living to be made in the selling out of ideals--Darren Hayes

Comment

Originally posted by wm_1987 View Post
      That's not an excuse for illogical writing.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Probably holding more people hostage in a bad situation

Comment

they must have been on that secrete mission that the Odyssey was on

Comment

ok for one people who are in charge don't go on any kinds of mission offworld. plus for one teal'c is on a proboly chewlac(not spelled right ) so he couldn't get back to help out and daniel is proboly in egypt knowing him and Cam could have been off world at the time and was not able to gate it.

ATLANTIS FOREVER

Comment

If there was impending doom, wouldn't some be sent to the Alpha site. Not saying that SG-1 was.

I wonder why Daniel doesn't get more praise on this show. He is basically the "father" of the Stargate program. Without him it wouldn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by wm_1987 View Post
                First and foremost, this is the explanation. You're not going to have SG-1 save the day on Atlantis. Never mind that the logistics of getting the actors together would have been as hassle too.

If you really need some kind of other explanation, the SG teams could very well have been off planet on missions. They would have been stuck as well given that the Wraith dialed the earth gate.
                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Seriously, SG-1 IS Stargate. At least imply Cam's in one of the 302's stock-footage from his Antarctica scenes, or say Daniel's seeing recovery efforts or something.
                  Probably will be [some-random-crew's]-blogged that they were part of Landry's "taskforce."
                  When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                  Zatnikitelman

Comment

Offworld perhaps? And since the Stargate wouldn't activate, they couldn't be reached. And I thought Teal'c was back with the Jaffa anyway...

Originally posted by CYBEREAGLE19 View Post
                    That's a good theory.

Comment

Originally posted by CYBEREAGLE19 View Post
                      That is the explanation I am going to go with.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                        First and foremost, this is the explanation. You're not going to have SG-1 save the day on Atlantis. Never mind that the logistics of getting the actors together would have been as hassle too.

If you really need some kind of other explanation, the SG teams could very well have been off planet on missions. They would have been stuck as well given that the Wraith dialed the earth gate.
                        It's not like SG-1 didn't visit Atlantis in season 10 of SG-1. I know that in real life, it was because they probably couldn't get their actors and contracts probably hurt it as well. But I always wanted to see the SG-1 team backing up the SGA team.

Comment

The actors were unavailable, so they wrote out SG-1 via the Odyssey.

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
                            Where was SG-1 during all of this? There hasn't been a single instance since the SGC went into operation that SG-1 wasn't a part of when the world was at stake. They weren't even mentioned to be doing anything. We heard something from O'Neill, we saw Carter (but not a SG-1 Carter), but neither were taking an active role in deterring the wraith ship.
                            Actually Carter did have an SG-1 patch on her when she was in the control room with Major Davis. Besides Walter, Carter was the only SGC member around. You would think General Landry wouldve been around for the impending doom of Earth.

Comment

im going to assume cam and daniel were on the odyssey maybe with vala and tealc(maybe back with jaffa) and well cant be everywhere.Carter was only there because shes fillin in for landry and is probably not with sg1 anymore since she gets her own ship.and o'neill was mentioned...he chose shepard to come back to operate the chair

Comment

Working...
                              X