This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rank & File.

For those of you writing SG-1 fan fics - indeed fan fics of any sort involving military characters - it can be difficult knowing if an officer or NCO in one branch of service (US Navy) is senior or junior to an officer or NCO in another branch of service (USAF).

The website www.rankinsignia.info may be of some help.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Originally posted by BruTak
    For those of you writing SG-1 fan fics - indeed fan fics of any sort involving military characters - it can be difficult knowing if an officer or NCO in one branch of service (US Navy) is senior or junior to an officer or NCO in another branch of service (USAF).

The website www.rankinsignia.info may be of some help.
    Thanks, BruTak! I had found a simiilar website after much searching when I was struggling with AF NCO ranks. Being ex-army, the officers were no prob since they are the same, but the non-coms! Oy vey... And the insignia!!

This is a good website since it's international too!

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
      Thanks, BruTak! I had found a simiilar website after much searching when I was struggling with AF NCO ranks. Being ex-army, the officers were no prob since they are the same, but the non-coms! Oy vey... And the insignia!!

This is a good website since it's international too!
      De nada m'dear, always glad to help.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Working...
      X