Plothole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plothole

First, I want to say that I love the episode. However, the problem could have been resolved that much easier by just sending drones (assuming they don't have nukes...though you would think that Daedalus which should have been docked in Atlantis should have some) through the gate directly onto the Wraith ship.

Of course, that would mean that we don't get the reunion nor the important plot device of having Atlantis back on Earth at the end.
    I just love shows about wormholes!

I actually wanted to see Beckett control like a thousand drones at once. That would have been so cool to see fly up out of Atlantis and into the Hive.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
    MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Drones don't have the destructive power that a nuke inside the ship has. They are good at doing specific damage. There probably wouldn't be enough room in the gateroom for enough drones to make a difference.

Comment

They could just slowly feed numerous drones into the hive. Having that connection between Atlantis and the Hive means that there are many much better option than trying the experimental wormhole drive.
        I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

I literally said they should just toss a nuke through the 'Gate. Granted, Sheppard would have died, but it'd still make tactical sense.
          Somehow even though Beckett is 2nd best on the CIA (so why isn't he a spy!? ) I don't think he has enough control to funnel the drones up into the Gateroom without possibly causing damage to other possibly critical parts of Atlantis and then cram them through the open 'Gate again without causing damage.
          When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
          Zatnikitelman

Comment

the drones that atlantis was firing was doing minimal effect... earth could have fired every drone and atlantis could have fired every drone and they still together proboly wouldn't be strong enought to deafeat that hive

ATLANTIS FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by JAFFACREE563 View Post
              the drones that atlantis was firing was doing minimal effect... earth could have fired every drone and atlantis could have fired every drone and they still together proboly wouldn't be strong enought to deafeat that hive
              But just seeing 3,000 drones all flying up at it at once [with some added dramatic music] would have been a chilling sensation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
              MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn Mallory View Post
                First, I want to say that I love the episode. However, the problem could have been resolved that much easier by just sending drones (assuming they don't have nukes...though you would think that Daedalus which should have been docked in Atlantis should have some) through the gate directly onto the Wraith ship.

Of course, that would mean that we don't get the reunion nor the important plot device of having Atlantis back on Earth at the end.
                This is not a plot hole. At all.
                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Or just send a nuke through to the Wraith ship. Problem solved....

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn Mallory View Post

Well, how would those drones have gotten through atlantis TOO where the gate is to go through it?

I literally said they should just toss a nuke through the 'Gate. Granted, Sheppard would have died, but it'd still make tactical sense.
                    Both me and my mother said the same thing. Or why only a 4 man team went through.

Comment

I said the same, I would of sent every marine on-board Atlantis through the gate, stealth was their weapon, then surly they would of equip themselves with silencers on their weapons or stuck to stunners which are much quieter than p90 fire.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                        I said the same, I would of sent every marine on-board Atlantis through the gate, stealth was their weapon, then surly they would of equip themselves with silencers on their weapons or stuck to stunners which are much quieter than p90 fire.
                        Because they would have lost a conventional battle. Hives have thousands of soldiers. Stunners don't kill, hence the name.
                        sigpic
                        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by SgaIsBad View Post
                          Or just send a nuke through to the Wraith ship. Problem solved....
                          If you watched the show, you would know since "Allies" they wraith have developed counter measures to beam people and things in and out. I doubt a super hive would be any different.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            If you watched the show, you would know since "Allies" they wraith have developed counter measures to beam people and things in and out. I doubt a super hive would be any different.
                            he meant sending a nuke through the stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
                              he meant sending a nuke through the stargate.
                              With what timer? The Wraith would of either jensoned it or send it back to them through the gate. It had to be done in stealth.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X