This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gods Can't Die

one thing that that i have realised (and is starting to confuse me) is when SG-1 tells Jaffa that the Goa'uld they serve is dead, they never believe them and they say Gods can't die but what about when Goa'uld are responsible for other Goa'uld deaths?

we have seen SG-1 kill Goa'uld, Jaffa kill Goa'uld and even Goa'uld kill Goa'uld in both person and with ships. do Jaffa believe that other Gods can die but theirs can't?
    Last edited by SaberBlade; 27 November 2004, 12:26 AM. Reason: typos

sigpic

I would think they think that only a god can kill a god, or they do not beleive that any of the other system lords are gods and only beleive in the god they directly serve.

Comment

They believe their leader is a God and the dead ones must have been false Gods. Their 'God' probably renforces that idea too.

Comment

We'll we've seem Gao'uld odn't actually kill each other very oftne. They usally just tend to ensalve them. Anubis appears to been an exception becuase he was just So evil. and even then Ra kept the pretense of having him around as his first prime. (remeber the Jackal headed Guard in the movie?)
        sigpic
        Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by cobraR478
          They believe their leader is a God and the dead ones must have been false Gods. Their 'God' probably renforces that idea too.
          well the Goa'uld use the technology to make people think they are gods. since all Goa'uld use the same technology, false gods wouldn't really be considered because of the "magic" they control.

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
          We'll we've seem Gao'uld odn't actually kill each other very oftne. They usally just tend to ensalve them. Anubis appears to been an exception becuase he was just So evil. and even then Ra kept the pretense of having him around as his first prime. (remeber the Jackal headed Guard in the movie?)

well athough it doesn't happen often, it has happened before and the Jaffa have seen it and usually the Goa'uld are either minor Goa'uld with no real power or scientists

Ra's Anubis first prime was never confirmed within the show as being the real Anubis. thats just an unproven theory to try and explain an Anubis system lord and an Anubis first prime.

sigpic

Comment

As far as the Jaffa are concerned all the goa'uld are gods, no matter how minor they are. I guess when one of them gets killed they probably think it's because they use their god's magic (ships, weapons etc) and that it is then possible for one god to destroy a less powerful one. I think that's mostly why the goa'uld prefer to avoid killing each other. There's only so many times you can kill gods and not have the Jaffa wonder why their oh so powerful god who had destroyed so many others was killed by another one.
            May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade

Ra's Anubis first prime was never confirmed within the show as being the real Anubis. thats just an unproven theory to try and explain an Anubis system lord and an Anubis first prime.
              I never said it was the real Anubis, I just said Ra called some random slave Anubis to give the impression to the masses the real Anubis hadn't been killed but enslaved by the mighty Ra as a PR thing.
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
              X