Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sheppard Channeling O'Neill in Vegas (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheppard Channeling O'Neill in Vegas (Spoilers)

I think I pinpointed what I liked about Vegas. Sheppard reminded me a lot of early Oneal. In early SG1 and the original movie Oneal had a mission to complete but that was it. He was still hurting from the loss of his son and marriage. He didn't care much for anything past the orders to complete an objective. And he didn't mind if he got killed in the process. There was always the dynamic between him and Daniel, whom I would credit for giving Jack back more of his humanity and caring for more things.

I think we saw a similar line in Vegas with McKay trying to get John to care again. Talking about how he had tried to save the medic who was also his girl friend but had led to more people dying. We saw John is a lonely desolate place but we also saw him turn that corner on his road back.

But I think another great part was the very end. I have said this before one of my biggest complaints about Stargate in general, no one ever stays dead. I loved that there was no miracle transport or something like that at the end, he just slipped away.

it's O'Neill
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
      it's O'Neill
      Oh for crying out loud, SORRY!!!! You don't have to yell.

Comment

i too LOVED this episode...well i pretty much love all stargate episodes....the fact that it was completely different was awesome, i loved the fact that there was a wraith on earth, been waiting for that for a while ("Midway" excluded of course)

not too sure wat u mean by they dont stay dead(obviously carson and weir), are you talking about sheppard at the end? whats wrong with bringing back to dead characters, would you have prefered some random character to take their places, the episodes are a bit more personal and if they use an already established character then it is even better!

Comment

What makes you think that particular incarnation of Sheppard died? The scene showed an injured man fall and lay on his back. He could have died, he may have held on until the ground troops, which had to have been dispatched to check out the wreckage left, got there. The thing I liked about that scene was that there was no finality. You don't have to bring back someone from the dead who never died.

Comment

i'm a big sheppard fan, but i kinda agree with you and imho i do believe he died and the thing with AU eps is that you can get away with that, i was upset when he died but i agree with you in that you tend not to see people "die" in stargate (you know what i mean, of course people die) and i think it suited the ep and the character very well, JF played it amazingly (and i'd loved to know if he played it thinking the character was dying or thinking he was going to get saved)
            i really like the way they left it open so it wasnt definate one way or the other
            sigpic

Comment

I have to say this was an awesome episode. I love the down and dirty style of filming they used. If Universe if filmed in this way or a similar way, I have to say I think I will love it. I had some friends over that had never really watched Stargate and they got into it after joking around with me about having to watch it.

I've been a fan for awhile but this episode really was good.

Comment

Originally posted by cmuty View Post
                What makes you think that particular incarnation of Sheppard died? The scene showed an injured man fall and lay on his back. He could have died, he may have held on until the ground troops, which had to have been dispatched to check out the wreckage left, got there. The thing I liked about that scene was that there was no finality. You don't have to bring back someone from the dead who never died.
                for crying out loud he was shot in round about the heart area and then collapsed to the ground and died, the military weren't going to rescue him, it was light when he got shot and dark when he collapsed it would be very bad form of the military to take over five hours to get to the injured man, yes its stupid and they should have rescued him or at least tried to and found him dead but either way he lay on the floor, his eyes stared upwards in a glazed deathly fashion how much more final do you get?

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

Still don't buy it. That all could have happened around dusk, light does change within 30 minutes in the desert. Anyway, it doesn't really matter one way of the other. As shot though, the scene does not definitively make a life or death statement, which is par for the course in Scifi

Comment

Working...
                  X