Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTERVIEW: Tom McBeath (Harry Maybourne)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INTERVIEW: Tom McBeath (Harry Maybourne)

VIDEO INTERVIEW:
    HANGING WITH HARRY
    GateWorld talks with Tom McBeath

Actor Tom McBeath talks exclusively with GateWorld about his eight year history on Stargate SG-1, as the conniving but lovable Harry Maybourne!

READ MORE ...

Nice stuff, well done everyone .

I like Tom's comment that he'd "come in every once in a while, sort of take the temperature of the show, and get everyone's blood stirred up again, and then take off again." That's our Harry And he's soooo right about RDA being 'up' when he's around.

Madeleine

Comment

Great job you guys! And nice camera work Fel .

What a charmer. I can't wait to see It's Good to Be King.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
        I like Tom's comment that he'd "come in every once in a while, sort of take the temperature of the show, and get everyone's blood stirred up again, and then take off again." That's our Harry
        those were my words, acutally

Actually, I borrowed from Jonathan Frakes describing John de Lancie, which I actually said before I said the temperature thing. the "Take the temperature" part is Frakes' words, but they were so apt for Maybourne. Maybourne is this show's Q.

Comment

While I'm thinking about it, I'd just like to say here that this video interview stemmed from the overwhelming response to have Tom interviewed. He was at the top of the list, I told him this, and it couldn't have hurt in him agreeing to do it. Talking with him for the first time, i was on the edge of my bed in my Vancouver hotel room. It was ethereal.

Feli and Sky have their own ethereal moment but I missed it because I was facing the wrong direction. Maybe Sky will come in and tell the story -- she can now!

Comment

What a fantastic interview. I had a smile on my face from beginning to end. Thank you David, Feli, Sky and Tom. *Sigh* Now Iwant Its Good to be the King to be the first episode in January.
            sigpic

Comment

Either Saturday or Sunday I will be posting a plethora of images Skydiver took, as well as an "outtakes" video clip from the interview -- really funny stuff. I'll make it a separate thread in the GW Features section. Great being with Tom.

Comment

Wow, great interview, thanks.
                I want to see It´s good to be king right now...
                Dogs are my favorite people.
                If they don't have chocolate in heaven, I ain't going.

Comment

Nice, lengthy interview David. Good job.
                  __

__

Comment

aah the surreal moment.

We were interviewing/meeting Tom outside the theater, actually the very same theater Courteney was doing his play in. So the three of us hopped the bus and made our way there,then walked a bit.
                    we were a bit early and were standing and waiting...hoping that we'd recognize tom when he showed up. Actors can look very different in their 'off time'. Con attendees usually find this out.
                    so it's warm, late morning, we're standing there and i look up. I see a man in teva's, bermuda shorts, a polo type shirt, straw hat, eating an ice cream cone. tanned and slightly bearded.

I had a flashback to the end of Chain Reaction, Harry on the beach dancing.

i would KILL to have had a picture because it was just one of those perfect moments. Fantasy and reality collided outside a theater in vancouver canada
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Just out of interest I wondering how come it has taken 4 months for the interview to be put on gateworld if it was taped in July is due to Darrens busy schedule or something else.
                      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Primarily my busy schedule, yep. With the insanity of school right now, it's a minor miracle this made it up before January.

We also had the unexpected opportunity to interview MS and CJ in Chicago in August, and decided to prioritize those over poor Harry. We figured because he was talking so much about an episode that won't air till February (U.S.), we could get away with pushing it back.

David and crew really did a great job with this one. I just watched the final cut for the first time yesterday, and I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

Darren

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                          Great job you guys! And nice camera work Fel .
                          Hehe, the most important line in the interview IMO. Thanks, David, for leaving Tom's remark in it!

Comment

Hey file maybe you should take it up as profession I’m certainly impressed by have you done any camera work before.
                            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I certainly want both of them back for next year's round of interviews. I could NOT have asked for a more professional duo.

Also to answer Wass's question (more of an adendum to Darren's), we're fans of the show, just like anyone else. We go through the moans and groans of the off-season with no new episodes just like everyone. It hits us hard, too. Saving brand-new content for this period is the best way I can think of to relieving this boredom or pressure.

Obviously you cannot really do this with interviews filled with spoilers for impending shows. With interviews that are more timeless this can be pulled off

And don't worry. There is a one-hour documentary video Skydiver and I shot while in Vancouver and, well, this is the first time I've mentioned it in public. Hopefully it'll be up around Christmas.

Comment

Working...
                              X