Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From what's been revealed so far, what are you most looking forward to in Universe?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what's been revealed so far, what are you most looking forward to in Universe?

For me, I'm pretty excited that they're scouting new locations for alien planets, rather than all being forested. I heard they're looking at places in New Mexico which should make a nice contrast to the greens and browns of SG-1's and Atlantis's many forested planets. I think it was getting to a point where I actually recognised individual trees from previous episodes. Not good.

Also the possibility for more ongoing character conflict. I hate when (like in BSG) when characters just can't get along at all ever, but it would be nice to have some conflict or mistrust going on. Aside from Teal'c and Vala we havn't seen much of that (after the third episode, Teal'c was pretty much trusted with the keys to earth, it took Vala a little longer).

For me it's the lack of Canadian Forests, the lack of village sets, the lack of constant human inhabitants of other worlds (which worked for me in SG1 with the Goa'uld, but not later, and definitely not in SGA). I'm looking forward to Robert Carlyle. And hopefully some interesting military situations.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I want to see new scenery and some random advance civilazations, along with a few primitive ones.
      http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

yeah, new stuff would be great to see. Ever since about season 5 of SG-1 and season 2 of SG-A there was very little in the way of new exploration. it's was always more of the same... some little medievil town redressed over and over and over and over again...

More self contained adventures, sure the big arcs are fine and all but it needs to be broken up a bit with some single stories.
        Last edited by Boon; 08 January 2009, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Probably the thing I'm looking forward to most is the star of the show.....the Destiny herself. Can't wait to see what it looks like, what's on board, and just how it functions. Secondly, it would have to be a greater amount of character development and the relationships and conflicts that arise from that. Thirdly, a darker tone to the entire series. I suppose I could go on but that will do for now

EDIT: Just remembered another thing......storyline continuity......therefore no reset button!
          Last edited by Gen_J_O'Neill; 08 January 2009, 04:40 PM.
          sigpic
          By *E*K*R*

Comment

More variety in alien cultures, the ship itself, crew dynamic and potential for new mythologies.
            Hopefully the writers can become creative and not rely on the magic buttons to solve too many problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
              Also the possibility for more ongoing character conflict. I hate when (like in BSG) when characters just can't get along at all ever, but it would be nice to have some conflict or mistrust going on. Aside from Teal'c and Vala we havn't seen much of that (after the third episode, Teal'c was pretty much trusted with the keys to earth, it took Vala a little longer).
              Uh, when in BSG do characters never ever get along? The dynamics change. Some people become allies, some people lose friends, some people gain friends. That's what makes the show unique. Think about if at one point, Carter loses her trust in O'Neill and has to spend episodes trying to regain it. In SGA not only did the character dynamics not change (with a few exceptions), when they tried to make it change, they ended up rebooting the next episode with the same situation (as they tend to do every time). When McKay blew up the majority of a star system, Sheppard said it would take time for him to trust McKay again - and guess what, next episode, back to square one. I consider that stupid.

Comment

Anyway, my personal thing that I'm looking for is basically some major difference in tone and plot from the original two series, and to see the show become much more serialized and with a concrete goal.

Comment

Robert Carlyle without a doubt.
                  Eugene V. Debs (1855-1926)

I have no country to fight for. My country is the Earth. I am a citizen of the world.

When great changes occur in history, when great principles are involved, as a rule the majority are wrong.

Comment

i don't really look forward to it (i will watch it of course, as it is stargate - as a show of support for the writers that have been forced to cut atlantis short because if <mod snip>-.- i must really say i hate this channel (not everything is ratings...i would produce any show if it has good ratings witch SGA had...they were just so full of themselfes and that shows (in forcing the writers to do EATG in one hour -.- this could have been a nice 3 parter (or even 4) and a good start for a new season -.-)))

why do i not look forward to it?

because the plot is <mod snip>:
                    who would gate onto a ship that they can not stop? even more why can't they stop it? (blow the hyperdrive and it stops at least that is what i would do if being next to an inhabitable planet with a gate on it if possible)

greetings LAX
                    ps: what i don't look forward to as well: The new Team, same old thing i guess. 1 CO (general or civilian if civilian with military as second) 4-5 members of the team, one again an alien? (don't know, i don't read spoilers for something i will most likely not enjoy anyway) one military (or two), a scientist....same old dynamic....bah
                    Last edited by Skydiver; 28 January 2009, 03:56 AM.

Comment

More explorations of the unknown. I really like it when we don't know what's going to come up on the other side of the gate (or at the planet below in the case of Universe). While our crew tries to makes sense of whats happening or the world they are at. I think it makes good storytelling and a good conduit for speculative sci-fi.
                      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Second season when the ratings are going down, they'll establish a connection back to earth and have guest stars on from Atlantis and SG1 ;-)

Comment

Mmmm, looking forward to Robert Carlyle, I think.

And...hmmm...the new ship.

And - hopefully - a limited number of main/secondary characters, so no "let's fling in a hot chick" after a season or two...

Also - I don't know a great deal about the show yet - but I hope there'll be at least some things that are familiar. (I always felt that Deep Space 9, for example, took a long time to get going because it took ages to get used to the new technology and new aliens, a little familiarity can help).

Comment

The only that has excited me about Universe so far is that its the continuation of Stargate...

Comment

Non-human looking aliens.

Comment

Working...
                              X