Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else remembers watching Fraggle Rock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who else remembers watching Fraggle Rock?

So sorry, but I just had to ask: Does anyone else remember watching Fraggle Rock?
    You know, the Jim Henson Muppets Production... with that awesome theme song... and the little Fraggles who lived in their tunnels/mines underground... and the furry dog in the old man's workshop... and the big scary ogre people who tried to capture/kill/eat them... and the big talking trash heap lady?
    Or was I the only one who loved this show?
    There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Don't forget the little engineer guys who kept having their buildings eaten by the fraggles.

Comment

My daughter had a Fraggile Rock book, too.
      sigpic
      ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
        Don't forget the little engineer guys who kept having their buildings eaten by the fraggles.

They were Doozers. Didn't they build stuff for the sole purpose of getting eaten but the Fraggles?

And if I remember right, the dog's name was Sprocket.
        If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dotus5
          They were Doozers. Didn't they build stuff for the sole purpose of getting eaten but the Fraggles?

And if I remember right, the dog's name was Sprocket.
          Ah - the golden memories of one's childhood...

The little green builder guys were indeed called Doozers.
          The dog was called Sprocket.
          The big monsters that tried to catch the Fraggles were the Gorgs as I recall.

I also seem to remember that the live action Muppet series spawned a cartoon version. Or is my memory playing tricks on me - again?
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I loved Fraggle Rock!!!

I wish I had something moreintelligent to say about it..but's that's my lot!!
            Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
              Ah - the golden memories of one's childhood...

The little green builder guys were indeed called Doozers.
              The dog was called Sprocket.
              The big monsters that tried to catch the Fraggles were the Gorgs as I recall.

I also seem to remember that the live action Muppet series spawned a cartoon version.
              Or is my memory playing tricks on me - again?

Yep, I remember it all. The puppets, the cartoon; the former was so superior to the latter. Dance your cares away *clap clap* worries for another day *clap clap* let the music play *clap clap* down at fraggle rock.

Red Fraggle - she rocked.

geeky

Comment

My kids loved the Fraggles! The Garbage Heap freaked them out.

Fraggles rocked!
                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

And it had Fulton McKay as the lighthouse keeper, right up until he died, I think.

Didn't the series end - the one with the muppets; I try to ignore the cartoon - with the Fraggle Rock Lighthouse being automated? That was so sad.
                  Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                  - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

OMG, I LOVED the fraggles!!!!
                    *LOL*

But I only know the fraggle theme song in German....

Sing und schwing das Bein,
                    Laß die Sorgen Sorgen sein,
                    In das Lied stimm' ein,
                    So nach Fraggle-Art....*sing*

*cough* sorry! childhood memories

I've found a site, where you can listen to the theme song in different languages. (I think the french one is funny! )
                    And there is much more....fraggle quotes and pics...
                    ... even a fraggle store with fraggle jewelry!!! *LOL*

Something for your christmas list?

http://www.fragglerocker.com/media/audio.asp

Comment

The Unofficial Fraggle Rock Site

http://www.fragglerocker.com/info/info.asp

I had completly forgotten about Traveling Matt and his postcards he would send.
                      If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Comment

Fraggle Rock was the greatest, and most underrated childrens show! it was half after school special, teaching a lesson show and half acid trip gone awry! the keep putting crap like "The Anna Nicole Show" and "The Apprentice" on DVD, why cant they put fraggle rock out on DVD?

Comment

I remember Fraggle Rock. I used to love that show. It don't remember much though, it's been about 10 years.
                          Rocky

Comment

I can remember watching Fraggle Rock when I was a little kid, I can't remember much about it!
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

*Puts hand up* I do! I do!

I loved that show when I was a lot younger than I am now... I'm wracking my brains to remember the names now... I can see faces, but I can't remember names... apart from the fact that the trash heap was called Marjorie!

Oh heck - I've now got the theme tune running around in my head... oy! but thanks for the ramble down memory lane...

Comment

Working...
                              X