Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 Years of FarScape

2 more months, everyone!

Of course, many of us have only just discovered this show in recent years (or months), but others have been around since the beginning. But, in 2 months, FarScape will be 10 years since the premiere of the first episode.

What are you all planning to do to celebrate FarScape's 10th Anniversary?
    sigpic
    "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
    Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Wow. Was it really that long ago! I'd have to wait until November to celebrate the first time I watched the premiere, though.

I would dearly love to get a hold of the entire series on DVD. But, on the day of its first ever showing, I'll just have to make do with watching The Peacekeeper Wars.
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I will be doing my celebrating in November, at the Official convention

Piece of trivia for the new viewers.

The first Farscape episode that aired was not the Premier and didn't air on SciFi

It was PKTechGirl that aired on the USA network.

Comment

How could they have not shown the premiere episode first? That's just dumb.
        sigpic
        "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:

Comment

I watched Farscape from almost the very beginning. I can't believe it has almost been 10 years. Boy does time fly by.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
            I will be doing my celebrating in November, at the Official convention

Piece of trivia for the new viewers.

The first Farscape episode that aired was not the Premier and didn't air on SciFi

It was PKTechGirl that aired on the USA network.
            *SNIFFLE*

I'm *SO* proud! My little hillbilly girl done growed up and rememberered stuff I told her long long ago!

Comment

To me, it really doesn't feel like the premiere of Farscape was almost ten years ago.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I remember when my local tv station aired it in the sci-fi saturday timeslot normally held by Trek, B5, etc. I had no idea what it was, but I'd seen a figure of 'Pilot-DNA-ed Aeryn' in a comics and gaming magazine and thought the title 'Farscape' was quite cool. After watching the, lol, Pilot, I was intrigued by the writing, the lack of characters liking each other off the bat and the high production values.
                10 years. I'm getting old but the series is still gold.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I never watched it at the time of its premiere because I was too young and found the show to be too strange. But am I ever glad I picked it up all those years later and started watching!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                    all those years later
                    Thanks. I'll go get my walker now.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I've only known Farscape for a little over a year

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
                      The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                        Thanks. I'll go get my walker now.
                        Yeah, same here.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I'm somewhat of a newcomer, myself.

I've watched the show from the Premiere, but I didn't start watching until little over 3 1/4 years ago.
                          sigpic

My Books:

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
                            I'm somewhat of a newcomer, myself.

I've watched the show from the Premiere, but I didn't start watching until little over 3 1/4 years ago.
                            Really, it doesn't matter when someone discovered Farscape. It just matters that you guys did. This 10 year anniversary is just kind of weird for fans like myself that have been around a tad longer.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I don't care how old the show is. I just saw season 1 and I still love it as much as I love watching Stargate SG1. Both shows have a certain hook on me, I admit it. Yea for Farscape!!!!
                              StarshineRoxie
                              A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X