No announcement yet.

Dr Janet Fraiser/Teryl Rothery Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched "lifeboat" yesterday, and well, IMHO it's the best "fraiser episode"... Teryl did a great job on that episode, too bad she didn't get an award
    Her interaction with Daniel and all his souls was awesome !

Comment

Originally Posted by Col. Newman

if you guys are talking about a sam/janet slash again i think i am going to puke but if your just talking about friends then that is fine

I'm a s/j shipper, if you want to blame me about this I have to live with it. I'm really sorry for my point of view.

And yes, I know they can not put anything like "this" on the show.
      sigpic

Comment

Col. Newman , I'm not even going to take note on your slightly offending behaviour. If you have a problem with shippers, then that's okay. But we don't need to have to agree with your valuable opinion, do we?

Caro, I know she should have won an award, it's a shame Lifeboat was awesome, I hope she knows.

Comment

Something for Janet fans everywhere ...

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

... plus a little something expressly for Col. Newman. (Not that I begrudge anybody else appreciating it.)

A deep bow to the unknown artist; she has envisioned the exact same scene that would conclude the Stargate episode that I would write. Ain't never gonna happen—on so many levels. But a fanboy can have a dream, can't he?

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
              ... plus a little something expressly for Col. Newman. (Not that I begrudge anybody else appreciating it.)
              http://img32.echo.cx/img32/3298/samnjanet15th.jpg
              A deep bow to the unknown artist; she has envisioned the exact same scene that would conclude the Stargate episode that I would write. Ain't never gonna happen—on so many levels. But a fanboy can have a dream, can't he?
              Hahaha, there's so much chemistry... How can they not be together???

Comment

I "horked"* this one yesterday ... vintage Teryl shmoopiness from a Creation con in Dallas, late last winter. She is such a ham!

There's plenty more where that came from; brace yourselves for an avalanche of Terylpix.

Comment

I wasn't going to post more Sam & Janet piccies right away but my hero, Agent Dark, mentioned "chemistry" (of whatever type you prefer to see). So I thought I'd upload a sample or two. It's amazing how it comes through even in still photos ...

As should be obvious from Janet's rather severe 'spinster' ensemble, this is from 2010, one of SG-1's best efforts, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
                    I wasn't going to post more Sam & Janet piccies right away but my hero, Agent Dark, mentioned "chemistry" (of whatever type you prefer to see). So I thought I'd upload a sample or two. It's amazing how it comes through even in still photos ...
                    *motions for pics to keep coming...*

Comment

Now there's chemistry and then there's sparkage. The TR/AT electricity is particularly apparent here:

My guess is this is from Ascension. (A pivotal scene between Carter & Fraiser didn't make the final cut. In it, Sam learned from Janet that she'd been cleared for duty two days previous—but nobody had thought to tell her. Sam's anger over the slight motivated much of her subsequent behavior vis-a-vis Orlin. It was also in this scene that Carter mentions she has "a date," drawing a baleful look from Fraiser.)

Comment

From Rite of Passage (my favorite episode of the entire series): tension in the Fraiser Family between (clockwise) Cassandra, Mom and ... uh ... 'Dad.' I guess.

Yes, this is the episode that fans dubbed Cassandra Has Two Mommies. Let's just keep that between us, okay?

Comment

A pivotal scene between Carter & Fraiser didn't make the final cut. In it, Sam learned from Janet that she'd been cleared for duty two days previous—but nobody had thought to tell her. Sam's anger over the slight motivated much of her subsequent behavior vis-a-vis Orlin. It was also in this scene that Carter mentions she has "a date," drawing a baleful look from Fraiser.
                          God, how I wish I could have seen that look. Like, on screen. Where can I see that scene??????

(I so miss Janet *sigh*)

Comment

Keep those Thud Helmets handy, boys and girls. The fun is just getting started!

... speaking of thuddage. Whew!

Comment

Originally posted by Aleca
                              God, how I wish I could have seen that look. Like, on screen. Where can I see that scene?????? (I so miss Janet *sigh*)
                              A fragment of it can be seen in Secret Files of the SGC, where Fraiser proposes a "girls night out." The rest of my info is largely derived from a synopsis given by TR herself, on the convention circuit. (The Sam/Janet shippers are fervent fans of TR & she's a big fan of them.)
                              I miss the itty-bitty physician, too. When she died and Hammond sorta semi-retired, SG-1 was left with a vast, empty space where its heart used to be.
                              In the interests of thinking happy thoughts about Hammond & Fraiser, here they are in Urgo—keeping a very safe distance from a seemingly pixillated SG-1. Seeing as the Fab Four have been infected with Dom DeLuise, I'm not sure I blame Janet & George for their circumspection.
                              Last edited by Carterslave; 24 June 2005, 12:00 AM. Reason: Forgot the photo link. D'oh!

Comment

Hm, yes I think I saw that 'Secret Files' bit. It's on a DVD I gave to a friend (months ago) and still waiting to get it back. Have to watch it again then

Hee, Urgo is so funny. That pic cracks me up. As well as the scene in the beginning:
                                I couldn't find the cap with Janets gesture, but this is right before it
                                happens:
                                Sam (to URGO) : It’s a defibrillator.

Comment

Working...
                                X