Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was AU Sheppard the 'other' gay charcter that the producers mentioned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was AU Sheppard the 'other' gay charcter that the producers mentioned?

When he was being spoken to by AU Rodney, AU Rodney mentioned that the field medic that AU Sheppard went back to help in Afghanistan, that AU Sheppard knew him personally and that they were 'involved'. One of Atlantis's producers mentioned that they tried to put a gay character in an earlier episode but it was cut. They also mentioned that there was a gay charcter coming up in a future episode but they didn't tell us who he was. Is AU Sheppard meant to be that other gay character?

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/1...-vega-was-gay/
    Last edited by Billz; 07 January 2009, 07:03 AM.
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Rodney said the medic was a 'she'.
    You can look at so many details in the episode and come up with scenarios. The way that Rodney spoke about the other Shep and how things 'played out' differently between them, the bickering between Rodney and Radek, Shep not noticing the ultra-hot nurse who walked right past him... If you pick anything apart, you'll eventually find what you're looking for.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
      You can look at so many details in the episode and come up with scenarios. The way that Rodney spoke about the other Shep and how things 'played out' differently between them, the bickering between Rodney and Radek, Shep not noticing the ultra-hot nurse who walked right past him... If you pick anything apart, you'll eventually find what you're looking for.
      Oh. Guess my telly wasn't loud enough for me to hear it properly. My bad.
      Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
        are u sure? it seemed to me he avoided saying what sex the medic was

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

I kind of got the impression that the Wraith on Earth in Vegas was kind of gay. After all, only a gay emo Wraith would stoop so low to listen to the music of Marilyn Manson. Besides, his knowledge of cosmetics only aided the illusion.
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Now that's a stereotype! Maybe all Wraith would love Marilyn is they got a chance to hear him.

Rodney mentioned the medic's sex. I heard it and the transcript confirms it, in the scene where Shep is leaving SGC: Las Vegas.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
              I kind of got the impression that the Wraith on Earth in Vegas was kind of gay. After all, only a gay emo Wraith would stoop so low to listen to the music of Marilyn Manson. Besides, his knowledge of cosmetics only aided the illusion.
              Hey, I'm gay and like Marilyn Manson. I wish I was an emo wraith instead. lol

lol I'd cut myself all day and ***** and whine about it healing ten minutes later.

Comment

Yes, the Rodney says "field medic," but never does he say "he" or "she." You can let it be what you want it to be.

Comment

When they are talking outside the facility Rodney clearly says in regards to the field medic "You knew her personally." So Det Shep wasn't gay not in this particular universe anyway...

Comment

I'll have to rewatch the episode then.

Comment

It's amazing how many people around here seem to be getting very uptight that AU John might be gay. Almost as if that would be a bad thing

Comment

Originally posted by stevearm07 View Post
                        It's amazing how many people around here seem to be getting very uptight that AU John might be gay. Almost as if that would be a bad thing
                        For the record I'm not uptight about it, I went back a listened a couple of times because when I saw people talking about it I thought I'd missed something, turns out I didn't *shrugs* I think it would have been an interesting move to make but it didn't happen so its kind of a of moot point.

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                          When he was being spoken to by AU Rodney, AU Rodney mentioned that the field medic that AU Sheppard went back to help in Afghanistan, that AU Sheppard knew him personally and that they were 'involved'. One of Atlantis's producers mentioned that they tried to put a gay character in an earlier episode but it was cut. They also mentioned that there was a gay charcter coming up in a future episode but they didn't tell us who he was. Is AU Sheppard meant to be that other gay character?

If anything, it might point to our realities's Sheppard being gay. If the parallel holds true, and I'm not saying it does, he went back against orders to rescue someone he was involved with. It the AU reality it was a woman, in this one, a man. Who knows? It is interesting either way.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post

considering Rodney said "her" in regards to the field medic, I'd think that would rule out AU SHep being gay...

and Mallozzi mentioned that whatserface (um, um, a redshirt) was going to ask Keller out for drinks at the end of "Whispers," but it was cut for time. And even then, saying 'let's go out for drinks is not 100% "let's date!"

Comment

Originally posted by stevearm07 View Post
                              Wouldn't it be though? Because it says that being gay is a choice. Isn't that what all AU universes are, a choice that went differently? Just my interpretation.
                              Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Working...
                              X