Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F-303 (Drone Ship Ideas) - Separate Thread

Hey All:

I talked about this on another thread, but I figure a separate thread would get better attention and feedback to the ideas. Here goes:

January 7, 2008: I introduced this thread

UN-MANNED CARRIER DRONES!!!!!

You know the Protoss Carrier in Starcraft? The 305s should employ this kind of technology. In SG1's episode, "The Other Side" (Season 4), Teal'c and O'Neill used this technology that allowed them to directly connect their thoughts into these drones. Fighter Pilots would be able to control several drone ships and attack other ships easily!!!!
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

January 8, 2008: Response

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
    That mind control technology fried the people in 'The Other Side's' minds, after long periods of use, so a good quality regular games console interface, linked in to the craft via subspace would be safer IMO.
    True, but the point of it is so that people don't have to die. I'm sure that if it came down to it, I rather be living with some memory loss than losing my life as an F302 pilot.

Also, just to add. The USA already employs the aerial unmanned drones (Predators). Those drones also uses software along with human interface to pilot those drones. Why not use that?

Sure, its not direct connection, but so are the F302s.

Comment

Also I thought about this last night before I went to bed:

1) Unmanned F302s recreated as drones could be more cost effective

2) Components such as life support systems would not need to be integrated in. This would mean that things like intertial dampners won't be as emphasized thus making room for other technologies (possibly an energy shield or better tech weapons)

3) Smaller ship design (same idea as an Al'kesh attacking a Ha'tak), more manuverable

4) Pilots don't die, skilled pilots keep on living (same case in BSG with the Cylons. When the cylon pilots die, they reserect, whereas the Colonial pilots will die.

Thoughts??????

Comment

I heard that the last thing the Military want's to do is fight a war with nothing but machines.

Either way, what would keep the enemy from hacking on the systems and taking control of the fighters? do you remember that one episode where the Daedalus was infected with a wraith virus?

Perhaps a space capable predator would work, but not a replacement for Piloted combat air(space)craft.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift View Post
          January 8, 2008: Response

True, but the point of it is so that people don't have to die. I'm sure that if it came down to it, I rather be living with some memory loss than losing my life as an F302 pilot.

Also, just to add. The USA already employs the aerial unmanned drones (Predators). Those drones also uses software along with human interface to pilot those drones. Why not use that?

Sure, its not direct connection, but so are the F302s.

some memory loss? did you see that guy he was like brain dead. he lived only to fly the drones and what kind of life is that?

and the preditors are far from being ready for combat against real pilots, i think its better to just train our pilots really really well and even use the galaran memory technology to give all of our pilots the skills of like sheppard.

to be honset i really dont like the idea of unmaned drones unless it works just like it did for the people from "the other side" without the side effects because untill it works that good it wont be worth it and would be a waste of resources.

what we could do is study how the ancient neural interface technology works and try to duplicate it. if the neural interface worked like the ancient control chairs i would be more than fine with it. but untill its up to that level it would be a waste of time as far as im concerned.
          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

^You know-this was probably the discussion the Ancients had that developed over millenia into drone weapons

Comment

probably.
              Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

look a drone carrier is fine. if we can use the core, then i can see a ship using asgard drone weapons[like ancient ones], and using small[SMALL] drone fighters. essentially an engine, two plasma turrets, CP armor, sensors, and thats pretty much it. use derived Replicator AI.

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift View Post
                  It's less like memory loss and more like total sense loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
                    It's less like memory loss and more like total sense loss.
                    Which is moot since we've easily adapted Ancient neural interfaces from stasis pods in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                      Which is moot since we've easily adapted Ancient neural interfaces from stasis pods in the past.
                      On fighters?

Comment

On fighters?
                        It's a pretty short leap.

Comment

It's a pretty short leap.
                          Would the side effects not be like the one's in The Other Side or has this been addressed before?

Comment

Would the side effects not be like the one's in The Other Side or has this been addressed before?
                            Well the Ancients have been using them for long term stasis, so it's doubtfull any such side efects exist.

Comment

Well the Ancients have been using them for long term stasis, so it's doubtfull any such side efects exist.
                              I was meaning the side effects of visual viewing. Plus there mental developement was far more advanced than us.

Comment

Working...
                              X