PDA

View Full Version : How Should Vala be Written Out?

Ripple in Space
January 6th, 2009, 02:14 PM
So Vala won't be in the 3rd SG-1 Movie (4th Stargate Movie). Her absence will most likely be explained with a one-liner, so what should it be?

Here are my candidates:

FUNNY
:sam:: Where's Vala?
:daniel:: Chlamydia
:tealc:: Again.

LIKELY
:sam:: Where's Vala?
:daniel:: Still helping Baal's former host adjust to life in a vastly different galaxy from the one he remembers.

Platschu
January 6th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Teal'c : "She is on holiday..."
Cameron : "What is she searching now?"
Daniel : " 'Where' is more important... The universe is intinite, so she can cause trouble anywhere even on other levels of existence."
Cameron : "Oh, crap. We are doomed."

"She found the invisibility device. We should have guarded more after O'Neill".

"She watches the poker final between Anubis, Oma Desala, Adria and Morgan la Fay."

"She is visiting Tomin in the ex-Ori galaxy..."

:P

Pepermint Jaffa
January 6th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Q: "Where's Vala?"

A: "Vegas."

Major_Griff
January 6th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Carter (to Daniel): Where's Vala?

Before Daniel Can speak: Unscheduled off world activation!

Daniel: What now?

the matter is never mentioned again.

Amalthea
January 6th, 2009, 04:21 PM
She ran off with Ba'al's host.

Stargate Steve
January 6th, 2009, 04:45 PM

:D I'll bet anything that's what they'll do!

poundpuppy29
January 6th, 2009, 05:12 PM
I don't know I am still sad

willkani
January 6th, 2009, 05:51 PM
carter:where's vala?

jackson:in a prison in england,she was trying to steal the crown jewls

o'neill:cool

teal'c:indeed

MerryK
January 6th, 2009, 07:21 PM
This is certainly a fun thread (even if I wish it wasn't necessary)! :) But I doubt it will be mentioned at all, realistically.

the fifth man
January 6th, 2009, 08:20 PM
This is certainly a fun thread (even if I wish it wasn't necessary)! :) But I doubt it will be mentioned at all, realistically.

I sure hope it will be mentioned. I think they owe her character at least that.

jelgate
January 6th, 2009, 08:23 PM
She ran off with Ba'al's host.Wouldn't Ba'al's host die with the symbiote?

Jumper_One
January 6th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Wouldn't Ba'al's host die with the symbiote?

you should rewatch Continuum ;)

the fifth man
January 6th, 2009, 08:27 PM
you should rewatch Continuum ;)

Yeah, he seemed pretty OK to me.

Racer
January 6th, 2009, 08:28 PM
My bet is a one off line about off world for....something. Maybe tied to her father? He's still out there running around if I remember correctly?

jelgate
January 6th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Yeah, he seemed pretty OK to me.Another problem with that movie:P

Didn't an episode of SG-1 say a System Lord's body had gone thorugh the sarchopagus so much?* that the body of host couldn't survive without the symbiote.

MerryK
January 6th, 2009, 09:51 PM
I sure hope it will be mentioned. I think they owe her character at least that.

I agree, but I'm not hoping for it.

Another problem with that movie:P

Didn't an episode of SG-1 say a System Lord's body had gone thorugh the sarchopagus so much?* that the body of host couldn't survive without the symbiote.

It's mentioned in Summit. However, I see no reason why the Tok'ra don't have something to help with this...they've released hosts before.

jelgate
January 6th, 2009, 09:57 PM
How do you figure? Ba'al's host was hundreds and hundreds of years old.

Amalthea
January 6th, 2009, 10:06 PM
How do you figure? Ba'al's host was hundreds and hundreds of years old.

A freed host can survive without the symbiote no problem, except for the whole age thing. It's hard to know how old Ba'al was, at least the "real" host, but the whole clone thingy might throw the age of the cloned host off.

In any case, they could always just say she's pregnant again and needs to sit this one out.

gioia
January 6th, 2009, 10:58 PM

Yes, yes. Vala should- must see Vegas:)

jenks
January 6th, 2009, 11:11 PM
I doubt she'll be written out at all, there'll just be a story, and she won't be in it.

Ripple in Space
January 7th, 2009, 10:14 AM
I doubt she'll be written out at all, there'll just be a story, and she won't be in it.

We're all just speculating on the one-liner regarding her whereabouts :rolleyes:. It is an SG-1 Movie, and Vala's been a member for a couple of years now.

jenks
January 7th, 2009, 10:50 AM
We're all just speculating on the one-liner regarding her whereabouts :rolleyes:. It is an SG-1 Movie, and Vala's been a member for a couple of years now.

What I'm saying is I don't think there'll be one, I think the story will just unfold with each character playing a part for whatever reason, and Vala just not being one of them.

SylvreWolfe
January 7th, 2009, 02:21 PM
--In a hotel room in Vegas--
Jack: Vala, you are so good in bed
Vala: Of course, general
--Loud noise in background--
Jack: what's that
Vala: I don't know, why don't you check?
--Zats being fired--
Jack: Ugh, they got me
Vala: Ugh, they got Jack
--More zats being fire--
Bad guys: Ha! Got the general and his girlfriend

Reiko
January 7th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Vala is off in the vast expanses of the galaxy, space pirating with Elizabeth, Carson, and other TBTB rejects. ;)

DigiFluid
January 7th, 2009, 03:00 PM
"She is visiting Tomin in the ex-Ori galaxy..."

I'm willing to bet this is the route they'll take.

SundaySusans
January 7th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Jack: So how is Vala taking it?
Daniel: You guys have got to go see her. She is driving me "wonko".
Sam: I'll stop by tonight.
Teal'c: I'll bring some Star Wars movies for us too to watch. And a new series.... Indian Jones.
Daniel: Wait...
Cam: Mom sent some pies. I stopped by this afternoon. I had to sneak out.
Sam: Teal'c, we are so happy you knew what problem Vala would have with pregnancy from our time in the time dilation field.
Daniel: The two of us owe you so much.... But you guys, we have 6 months left to go. How are we going to keep her entertained at home?

MerryK
January 7th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Vala is off in the vast expanses of the galaxy, space pirating with Elizabeth, Carson, and other TBTB rejects. ;)

Ooh, good one...I'd green you, but I can't. I want to see a fanfic where TPTB rejects and all the killed characters are not really abandoned/dead but joined up to have awesome adventures. Maybe against the evil Furlings in some distant part of the galaxy. ;)

Infinite-Possibilities
January 8th, 2009, 01:01 PM
She'll be somewhere else in some distant part of the universe prowling about and keeping the peace by about a ship (a living ship) full of strange alien lifeforms. Perhaps Cam will help her if he doesn't get to be in the movie.

silly sally
January 8th, 2009, 01:03 PM
She's on maternity leave with Cam's baby :D

flynn1959
January 8th, 2009, 03:27 PM
She shouldn't.:(

I doubt BW will even have her mentioned. If he does it will be a throw away line. I will think of her as home looking after hers and Daniel's kids.:)

unluckynumber11
January 8th, 2009, 03:37 PM
:sam:where's vala?
:daniel:huh?
:daniel:o she's in the bathroom

or

:daniel: i don't know, she said something about her favorite show being canceled and she had to get some "citrus" fruit to send to the creators of it, but who knows...

Mongoletsi
January 8th, 2009, 03:54 PM
carter:where's vala?

jackson:in a prison in england,she was trying to steal the crown jewls

o'neill:cool

teal'c:indeed

Little known fact; The Crown Jewels is basically some swords, crowns, and... a spoon. No really! Cromwell had the good stuff sold off in the 1600s.

Ripple in Space
January 8th, 2009, 07:24 PM
:daniel: i don't know, she said something about her favorite show being canceled and she had to get some "citrus" fruit to send to the creators of it, but who knows...

Nice!

Really though, if tptb want to remove her from the primary cast indefinitely, they can just say that she & Daniel publicly announced their courtship so the IOA had her reassigned.

SundaySusans
January 8th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Nice!

Really though, if tptb want to remove her from the primary cast indefinitely, they can just say that she & Daniel publicly announced their courtship so the IOA had her reassigned.

I love that one Rip. :D :D

Sue_Jackson
January 10th, 2009, 07:21 PM
For all my fellow Fruitcakes........

Sam: "Hey...Daniel. How's Vala?"

Daniel: "She and the baby are doing well. The doctor said that she should take care of herself, and take it easy."

Cam: "So....how does she feel the father of her unborn child is going off-world getting into God-knows-what? I mean....shouldn't you be with her taking care of her?"

Daniel: "Well....I was taking care of her. But...I guess she felt I was making too much of a fuss over her. She insisted I go on this mission."

Sam: "So...Daniel...how pregnant is Vala?"

Daniel: "Five months. I just hope I...we...get back before she's due."

Sam: "How she liking maternity leave?"

Daniel: "She's bummmed that she can't got off-world with us. And....she always bored. And....she says her hormones are going haywire. But....she's getting used to it."

:p ;) :D

Ripple in Space
January 10th, 2009, 08:49 PM
For all my fellow Fruitcakes........

Sam: "Hey...Daniel. How's Vala?"

Daniel: "She and the baby are doing well. The doctor said that she should take care of herself, and take it easy."

Cam: "So....how does she feel the father of her unborn child is going off-world getting into God-knows-what? I mean....shouldn't you be with her taking care of her?"

Daniel: "Well....I was taking care of her. But...I guess she felt I was making too much of a fuss over her. She insisted I go on this mission."

Sam: "So...Daniel...how pregnant is Vala?"

Daniel: "Five months. I just hope I...we...get back before she's due."

Sam: "How she liking maternity leave?"

Daniel: "She's bummmed that she can't got off-world with us. And....she always bored. And....she says her hormones are going haywire. But....she's getting used to it."

:p ;) :D

nice, but I'd throw in a crack about Daniel making sure that the baby's his and not just another Ori Megalomaniac :P.