PDA

View Full Version : Maybourne and Bra'tac in the third SG-1 movie?

Miroslav
January 6th, 2009, 05:00 AM
As Brad Wirght said, third SG-1 movie would be Jack centered story (sadly without Vala :( ).

So, it would be perfect to incorporate Jack's buddy Maybourne and Bra'tac ("Well we just cross that bridge..." :D ) in the movie.

willkani
January 6th, 2009, 06:02 AM
i would love to see them in the film

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
January 6th, 2009, 06:35 AM
As much as I love Maybourne, I think the whole Maybourne/Jack thing is done.

Miroslav
January 6th, 2009, 06:37 AM
As much as I love Maybourne, I think the whole Maybourne/Jack thing is done.

Can you elaborate this?

Well, I can said that whole Jack/Daniel thing is also done and seen multiple times, but nevertheless, I want Daniel in the third SG-1 movie.

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
January 6th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Can you elaborate this?

Their relationship with each other, the dislike that gradually evolved into a mutual but grudging respect

Inquisitor
January 6th, 2009, 06:45 AM
I think he means there's nothing more to add to that relationship.

I agree with that, Maybourne went from being threatened with gun violence, to being shot, to being friends.

I don't think you can go anywhere else, unless maybourne shoots jack...

Miroslav
January 6th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Well, we can now see Jack, who help his friend Maybourne, or vice versa, when one of them gets in trouble.

Anyway, who cares about "adding to relationship". I just want to see Maybourne again, with some funy lines.

Mclean
January 6th, 2009, 07:04 AM
I would like Maybourne and Bra'tac in the movie.

Maybourne is perfect a getting Jack annoyed and when Jacks annoyed some of hus best one liners come out. Bra'tac is a great warrior and is very wise. Plus he and Jack usually have a silent battle for control with each other trying to out do each other.

Ulkesh47
January 6th, 2009, 07:59 AM
The more good SG-1 characters in the new movie, the better - as long as they're well utilized.

leiasky
January 6th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Would love to see Bra'tac again and even Mayborne. I'm anxiously awaiting any spoilers for the new film!

Jumper_One
January 6th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Bra'tac and/or Maybourne appearing in the movie would be awesome imo:D

Major_Griff
January 6th, 2009, 03:15 PM
We definitely need to see Bra'tac again, and Maybourne would be nice too, but probably harder to get into the story with crowbarring him in.

Trig
January 7th, 2009, 03:06 AM
I miss the Jack/Harry thing tbh, altho I'm still waiting for a proper reason to bring Jack into the film..
His clone.
Something to do with that woman he left on that planet.
The Asgard (I mean the MW ones not the PG ones, I dont buy the they all died when the planet popped thing) or maybe sometihng to do with the PG ones coming to the MW n kidnapping Jack, he then dies/accends..

Crazedwraith
January 7th, 2009, 04:52 AM
We definitely need to see Bra'tac again, and Maybourne would be nice too, but probably harder to get into the story with crowbarring him in.

I actually thought of the other way around. Maybourne's the perfect guy to get Jack in an off world story with out a crow bar. Like we saw in "Its good the be King" Maybourne's in trouble off world? Who's he going to trust to come help him? Landry? Cam? Vala? Hell no. Only Jack O'Neill will do...

Stormtrooper
January 7th, 2009, 05:26 AM
I actually thought of the other way around. Maybourne's the perfect guy to get Jack in an off world story with out a crow bar. Like we saw in "Its good the be King" Maybourne's in trouble off world? Who's he going to trust to come help him? Landry? Cam? Vala? Hell no. Only Jack O'Neill will do...

That's what I was thinking ;) Maybourne is king on that planet Janus used to live, isn't he? Maybe he finds something interesting there (a vague reference to the Furlings perhaps? - Paradise Lost) and decides to contact Earth/O'Neill for help.

fyere
January 7th, 2009, 06:03 AM
Since it's a Jack story, it would make sense to have Maybourne back, if they did it right. Maybe not so much Bra'tac - though Bra'tac would hate Maybourne *so much* and it would be funny. :D

(Speaking of Bra'tac, I'm still sad they can't do an 'old guy' kind of spinoff movie anymore - Bra'tac, Jacob, Hammond and Landry, out in the galaxy kicking butt with styyyle.)

leiasky
January 7th, 2009, 07:05 AM
I'm so anxious to hear anything about the plot of the new film! I'd love to know who that ship belonged to in 'Grace'. The Furlings might be good, coming to help save Earth/Jack someone/thing when they need it. After all, they are part of that alliance of races and we've never seen them.

Atlanis
January 7th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Bra'tac has to be in it asuming mister Amendola wishes to do it

Khentkawes
January 8th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Oh, please no Maybourne. That would just do me in. I know a lot of people liked him, but I never really cared for the character, and his evolution from "mean, irritating, and somewhat creepy" to "shady, but not malicious and often semi-friendly" never really worked for me. And I agree that now that Mayborune is a friend instead of a semi-foe, there's not much to do with him.

I wouldn't mind seeing Bra'tac. I would be quite happy to see him again, actually. But for his presence to make sense, the movie would probably have to incorporate the Jaffa plotline somehow. And I doubt that will be the case. Still, it could be possible. And Bra'tac is always a pleasure to see. :)

wkw427
January 9th, 2009, 05:15 AM
I'd like to see them :p

leiasky
January 9th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Mayborne's story has probably ended, but I did enough his interaction with Jack. It'd be nice to see him again, though I don't really see it happening. Bra'tac, depending on the kind of story, could possibly be included.

Iawen
January 9th, 2009, 08:59 PM
I'm not sure there's a whole lot left to do with Maybourne. I mean, if they found something and made it work, sure that'd be great, but after his last episode I really felt like the chapter on that character was closed. But hey, I've been wrong before.

I would love to see Bra'tac, but it would make sense to have him in a Teal'c centric movie.

duffarama
January 10th, 2009, 12:29 AM
I would love to see both. Especially Bra'tac because he is one of my favorite characters. :D

the fifth man
January 11th, 2009, 06:22 PM
IMO, Maybourne's story was put to rest in Season 8. No real sense in revisiting the character.

As for Bra'tac though, him I would love to see in one of these SG-1 movies. If not this 3rd one, please let him be in the next one.

willkani
January 11th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Oh, please no Maybourne. That would just do me in.
i think maybourne was a real good character

leiasky
January 11th, 2009, 10:42 PM

Such a great foil for Jack. I'd like to see him appear again, if not in a movie, maybe one of the books.

duffarama
January 12th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Such a great foil for Jack. I'd like to see him appear again, if not in a movie, maybe one of the books.
This thread made me reflect on the episode ‘Paradise Lost'.

Since Jack is going to make a big appearance in the third movie, there's no reason why the writers can't delve into stuff about the Furlings. In turn, it would be a good reason to have Maybourne back. I agree, there have been so many great Jack – Maybourne moments, it would be hard to resist seeing them both together again.

leiasky
January 12th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Was the Paradise Lost planet/device that got them there a Furling thing?

duffarama
January 12th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Was the Paradise Lost planet/device that got them there a Furling thing?
Correct.

I think it is the only piece of Furling technology we have seen in Stargate.

leiasky
January 12th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Well, then, their 'paradise' was sorely lacking:) They probably all killed each other and that's why we've never seen them.

Stargate Steve
January 12th, 2009, 09:33 AM
I liked Maybourne, but I think his story is pretty much done. Bra'tac should be in the 3rd movie. There could be some sort of Jaffa Nation subplot that he would fit nicely in. This way O'Neill could say "jaf-fah" or "gould" a few times. :)

Khentkawes
January 15th, 2009, 11:00 PM

He had his moments. But as others have said, his story was pretty well put to rest in season 8. Personally, I didn't care for Maybourne because I felt like they kept changing their minds about what they wanted to do with him. But he did have some good moments. Just not enough that I want to see him again, especially since he hasn't played a big part in the Stargate universe lately.

ming600
January 21st, 2009, 12:49 PM
that would be good maby we would have some real stargate for a change

Rachel-Kree
January 23rd, 2009, 07:44 AM
I would like to see them again, maybe that is the reason why O'Neill is in the next movie... maybe maybourne just found another planet to steal technology or something else (what i don't think it is going to happen ) just thinking ...

but those Characters were great in the serie and i would love to see the interaction between Bra'Tac and Teal'c again they are good friends...

Shan Bruce Lee
January 28th, 2009, 03:46 PM
I'd love to see Bra'tac in a Stargate movie.

the fifth man
January 28th, 2009, 06:33 PM
I'd love to see Bra'tac in a Stargate movie.

Yeah, even in a very small role. I've really missed his character since Season 10's "Talion".

Replicator Todd
January 28th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Isn't Maybourne a king now? Didin't he want to get away from Earth and everything else? Wouldn't mind Bra'tac though.

January 29th, 2009, 12:50 AM
perhaps the movie should start with a memorial service to gen hammond, and bratac is there and something leads from there

DSG1
February 4th, 2009, 03:54 PM
That would be worth paying the DVD for! I love those 2 characters and since they didn't kill off either one, they both could come back.

Major_Griff
February 8th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Honestly, I think they should just make a Bra'tac movie. That would be pretty sweet. Call it Stargate: Jaffa Justice, or something like that.

Replicator Todd
February 8th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Honestly, I think they should just make a Bra'tac movie. That would be pretty sweet. Call it Stargate: Jaffa Justice, or something like that.

Or Stargate:Resistance....:P

the fifth man
February 10th, 2009, 05:19 PM
I really do hope we get to see Bra'tac again at some point. Even if it is just briefly, it would still be nice. It has been too long IMO.

DSG1
February 12th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Kinsey isn't actually dead is he? They could bring him back too lol.

Major_Griff
February 12th, 2009, 02:25 PM

No, and he has a goa'uld in his head, making his potential return very exciting.

leiasky
February 12th, 2009, 02:47 PM

He isn't? Who flew out the airlock in that one episode, then?

Khentkawes
February 12th, 2009, 03:47 PM
He isn't? Who flew out the airlock in that one episode, then?

Are you thinking of Simmons in Prometheus? He flew out an airlock.

I think the last we saw of Kinsey, he was a goa'uld on a ha'tak filled with former Trust operatives... and they were threatening to kill him? I always got the impression that someone killed him, but it wasn't shown. Anyone can feel free to correct me, because I don't remember that episode very well.

WishIwasJoes
February 12th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Well, we can now see Jack, who help his friend Maybourne, or vice versa, when one of them gets in trouble.

Anyway, who cares about "adding to relationship". I just want to see Maybourne again, with some funy lines.

I agree. When every Maybourne and Jack did anything the screen was just electrified with great tag team lines and energy. He can have a 10 mins slot for all I care I love Maybourne.

I also dearly love Master Bra'tac. As long as the story calls for them in some way then cool, but if not lets not force an appearance from them. :tealc:

Major_Griff
February 13th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Are you thinking of Simmons in Prometheus? He flew out an airlock.

I think the last we saw of Kinsey, he was a goa'uld on a ha'tak filled with former Trust operatives... and they were threatening to kill him? I always got the impression that someone killed him, but it wasn't shown. Anyone can feel free to correct me, because I don't remember that episode very well.

No I forget what happens but they don't kill him for some reason. He walks away and then you hear a ring transporter, implying that he escapes.

Replicator Todd
February 13th, 2009, 06:46 AM
No I forget what happens but they don't kill him for some reason. He walks away and then you hear a ring transporter, implying that he escapes.

He escaped to an Al'Kesh, that was destroyed a litle later. I don't see how Kinsey could come back, but since his death wasn't shown he could be out there somewhere...like Ford! :p

I'd like to see Maybourne agian, surely his little village has grown much over the few years. There might be more Ancient secrets at those ruins.

leiasky
February 13th, 2009, 07:47 AM
He escaped to an Al'Kesh, that was destroyed a litle later. I don't see how Kinsey could come back, but since his death wasn't shown he could be out there somewhere...like Ford! :p

I'd like to see Maybourne agian, surely his little village has grown much over the few years. There might be more Ancient secrets at those ruins.

Yeah, ok, I knew there was a reason I didn't think Kinsey was alive. I just couldn't remember the episode where I thought he'd 'died':)

Maybourne probably has a whole brood of kids by now . . .

I really want to see something more with the Ancients in the new movie. I loved them.

Major_Griff
February 13th, 2009, 09:22 AM
They never actually showed him on that Alkesh did they? I thought it was unknown where he ringed to.

Khentkawes
February 13th, 2009, 03:24 PM
They never actually showed him on that Alkesh did they? I thought it was unknown where he ringed to.

I caught part of that episode on Sci-Fi last night... and I'm still not sure what they were implying. :confused:
I think it was purposefully ambiguous. :)

Major_Griff
February 13th, 2009, 03:39 PM
I caught part of that episode on Sci-Fi last night... and I'm still not sure what they were implying. :confused:
I think it was purposefully ambiguous. :)

Lolz, as usual.

magictrick
February 13th, 2009, 05:51 PM
I would definitely like to see Bra'tac. As for Maybourne, as long as its a meaningful appearance for his character I wouldn't mind.

Dinoman
February 26th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Maybourne and Jack did have some very good interactions throughout the series and I love to see them meet again to solve galactic problem, especially he now has his own little piece of kingdom on one of the planets out there.

I also like to meet Bra'tac again, hope he and Maybourne will be in the new movie.

kennythewraith
February 27th, 2009, 12:06 AM
i would rather see bra'tac over maybourne....i think he should have been in AOT in my opinion in some way.btu how would they fit maybourne?

Butlersgate
March 5th, 2009, 09:52 AM
yeah bra'tac should be in it defo :D