• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Earth" (107) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread

Writer: Martin Gero
    Director: Ernest Dickerson

---

And we have another title! But first, some history...

Rob is eyeing #6 which offers a most intriguingly SF door in
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...verse-day-one/

With five stories in place, we turned our attention to episode #6 today, beating out Marty G.’s very first SGU script. This one involved a long, loooooong discussion on the workings of a certain technology which forms the impetus to another terrific character-driven story.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...niverse-day-4/

PG-15 writes: “1. Who is writing episode 6?
    2. Who is writing episode 7?
    3. Who is writing episode 8?
    4. Who is writing episode 9?
    5. Has the director schedule for Universe been lined-up yet?”

Answers: 1. 6 = Martin Gero. 2. 7 = Robert Cooper. 3. 8 = Alan McCullough. 4. 9 = ? 5. Nope.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ontreal-bound/

It’ll be interesting to see how things have progressed since November on the design front and whether any further casting decisions have been made. Rob reports that that episode 3 is almost complete. Martin apparently has a first draft of Earth.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...now-1-fondy-0/

Ok, so there you are. Discuss!
    Last edited by PG15; 04 April 2009, 10:09 PM.

What's the chance that #4 and #5 will be called Fire and Water respectively (in either order)?

Comment

geesh theres names are a bit ordinary...i hope they change
      The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby View Post
        I somehow doubt the show is being aimed at the crowd that considers an episode's name to be any sort of judge of quality.
        Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby View Post
          Yes, to "The One Where There's Air" and "The One Where There's Earth" and, the always-popular "The One Where Characters Swap Bodies".

Comment

Well TPTB have said that Earth plays some sort of part in SGU, this is probably the first episode that deal/introduces that fact

Comment

If it weren't for the fact that it's the 6th episode, I'd have thought that this would be the episode where they first get to a planet. You know, the premiere deals with them getting on the ship, maybe struggling to fix vital systems, that kind of crap...But, like I said, the 6th episode is way too late to have it be the first one where they visit a planet...Or at least, it is in my opinion.

Comment

It’s definitely more character-centered and intimate in its exploration of the interpersonal dynamics that will drive a lot of the shipboard developments (and, no, I’m not talking about romance).
                That'll do for me Sometimes on Atlantis I felt the team didn't interact enough.

Comment

So...all the elements get an episode?

I predict this is the episode where they re-establish contact with planet earth. (Contact...not travel capabilities). Oy.

Course I could be wrong and it could be all about them musing, angsting etc about what they'd be doing if they could go home. Background info episode on the main characters, how they all got there and what not. Some kind of memory device?

Option two would be better! C'mon writers, prove me wrong!
                  "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

This will probably be the episode where they discover they can...

Spoiler:
                    inhabit other people's bodies back on Earth by using the Ancient technology.

And Fire and Water was an episode of SG-1, so maybe they're just finally getting around to the ones they missed

Comment

Well, I'm hoping for an episodic appearance of the classical element; Void.

Seeing as it's quite a big, empty Universe and all.

Comment

Wow, I hope this won't be one of those series where every episode has a vague 'artsy' one-word title. Like.....what's that one that does? Smallville or something?

'Earth', huh? Could mean any number of things....

Comment

It could end up like Star Trek DS9. Where it avoids an episodic format and instead features multi-episode story arcs. It would be interesting and I personally liked the way DS9 ran.

Comment

I'm going to go with 'Air' being about their greatest adversary at the time (lack of) oxygen, with possibly at least 1 planet being visited.

Ep4 to plant the begginings of a power struggle between Dr Rush & Col Young

Ep5 Introduce the Long range Communications device (most likely using a Cisco router like all Comms networks )

Ep6 An actual Coup/Rebellion (Think 'Crimson Tide' in space)

And that is as far as i've got at the mo...

Or i'm so utterly completely wrong & i'll be in for a nice unpredictable series.

BOOM Baby! I'm Back!

Comment

I'd like to see the team be able to communicate with Earth, but not right away. One of the things I loved about season 1 of SGA was that they had no contact with Earth. I think they established contact with Earth too early in that series. Obviously in my opinion, episode 6 is way too early. I'd like to see it go as far as the end of season 2 or the middle of season 3. Of course, they don't know if the show will even make it that far.

Comment

Working...
                              X