Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd agree, the more they are on their own then the grittier it can be as there would be no info updates, no new supplies, no orders & new personnel....

I remember reading th- (don't ask me where), that the long range communications device was going to used by one of the team so that she could find out what her friends really thought of her (Very teen drama-ish) but this also might imply that although they can contact Earth they can not choose who and it is at rrandom with no one guaranteed to believe them.

So they could do it as early as episode 6 but not have the SGC aware of it.

BOOM Baby! I'm Back!

Comment

So the new article on gateworld list Earth as the 4th episode. I thought it was still supposed to be the 6th episode. Any ideas on where in the season it will be?
      sigpic
      Sig Courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Guest Starring...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iknEJf9cPeY
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          LMAO!

That would be hilarious.

As for the title, 'Earth', I think it could prove great to use simple titles like this that have a deeper meaning to them. Also, I think once in awhile they should use fancy titles, but it is interesting with the path they are going down with the titles. 'Air', 'Earth'...

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
          and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            AWESOME!

They could easily pass as Ancients, maybe as Holograms of the Ancients who could tell the team about the history of the ship & crew. And knock out some hip grooves!!!!

(Seriously someone should really stop me from posting...

BOOM Baby! I'm Back!

Comment

Considering the name of SGI's premiere "Children of The Gods" introduced us to the Goa'uld choosing hosts for their symbiotes, The Goa'uld's being "God's'.

And in Atlantis's premiere, the title was "Rising", the most important of the premiere being the city rising to the surface of the ocean. Still gives me chills everytime I see that happen.

So considering the Universe is set in space on a Ancient Starship. The title "Air" makes perfect sense to me!!!
              MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
              MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
              POLARIS TORONTO 2007
              CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
              GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
              VCON VANCOUVER 2010
              FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

hmm Earth. interesting title. could mean a lot of things; getting contact with earth, finding another planet aka earth to potentially land the ship on, another earth-like planet but with non-humans, memories of earth.

someone on page one said it might be one where they think of how they all came to be on the ship, and i like that idea. this ep might be like FF's Out Of Gas, perhaps?

yay for gero writing, i love his work. i recently saw YPF and that was superbly written, so i can't wait for this one
                "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                "what?"
                *throat punch*
                My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by GateofDOOM View Post
                  So...all the elements get an episode?

I'm not looking forward to the "Boron" Episode... Gonna be dull...

((see what I did there... BORon... dull... get it !))

Comment

^hahaha i got it.
                    "what?"
                    *throat punch*

Comment

eeeeeeexcellent....

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
                        hmm Earth. interesting title. could mean a lot of things; getting contact with earth, finding another planet aka earth to potentially land the ship on, another earth-like planet but with non-humans, memories of earth.

someone on page one said it might be one where they think of how they all came to be on the ship, and i like that idea. this ep might be like FF's Out Of Gas, perhaps?

yay for gero writing, i love his work. i recently saw YPF and that was superbly written, so i can't wait for this one
                        I really like the idea of that also. It would give us a lot of insight into things about the characters we don't yet know.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          I really like the idea of that also. It would give us a lot of insight into things about the characters we don't yet know.
                          I'll second that! It would be a great way to get to know the characters quite quickly too. If it is that I hope they use a lot of flashbacks, 'Lost' style.
                          sigpic
                          By *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            I agree. I just really hope that they don't get the ability to contact Earth this early, Atlantis didn't have it untill the end of the first season!
                            http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

personally, i hope they aren't able to contact earth at all. that way they'll have to find ways to adapt to short food supply, lack of ammo, and stuff like that
                              "what?"
                              *throat punch*

Comment

I completely agree with it being to early to establish contact with Earth in the series.
                                Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

Working...
                                X