Does AU Shepard had a rich family?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does AU Shepard had a rich family?

When AU Mckay was giving Shepard a brief but detail account of AU shepard's life.
    We know this AU Shepard was booted out of Airforce for his mistake and he proabably suffer the guilt of his decision .Never been married.
    And he was deep in debt ,and only a 2 thousand dollar in his cheque account.

Our Shepard came from a rich family ,his father was like billionair or something.And his ex-wife was some hot homeland security agent.

Why didn't AU Shepard go back to his rich family ?
    May be the AU shepard wanted punish himself over his guilty conscience for his civilian death he caused in Afganistisan.

Does AU Shepard had a rich family like Our Shepard? our the difference between our realities is more than Shepard's airforce career ,it extend to his familues background .

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
    Our Shepard came from a rich family ,his father was like billionair or something.And his ex-wife was some hot homeland security agent.

Why didn't AU Shepard go back to his rich family ?
    May be the AU shepard wanted punish himself over his guilty conscience for his civilian death he caused in Afganistisan.
    That's the most likely explanation. As was said in a previous episode, Sheppard tortures himself every day with his perceived failures and the fact that he keeps coming home with his shield instead of on it. It would make sense that this AUShep isn't that different in that department.
    sigpic
    http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

The more the 2 Sheppards are different, the more they are alike (or something like that). One changed event can alter the course of a man's life, but not entirely alter the man's character.

In Vegas AU, I would think he's family's still got money, but he doesn't feel 'worthy' or doesn't feel connected to his family. He's not that connected to his family in the regular reality, so it's not that much of a stretch. Because his work on Atlantis is important and perhaps has eased some of that guilt he seems to carry around all the time, he may have made some overtures to his family (or is that all in fanfic?)

*ugh, is getting confused.

sig made by Pic

Comment

Originally posted by ZOMG!b_cs View Post
        The more the 2 Sheppards are different, the more they are alike (or something like that). One changed event can alter the course of a man's life, but not entirely alter the man's character.
        Makes me wonder if Rodney's real name is still Meredith in Vegas.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
        MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Well, I thought he wasn't on very good terms with his family, so may be uncomfortable asking for money. As for his ex-wife AU Rodney said he never married in this reality.
          Another explanation is he's on very good terms with his family but they live in a trailer, anything can happen in an AU.
          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

maybe he just gambled it all away

Comment

I think he still does. Sheppard seems to be Sheppard, just the divergences started at not getting married (it appears that our Sheppard married and divorced before Afghanistan). So I imagine his father is still rich, but Sheppard has been shown to be at strained terms with his family, so he probably never really contacted them.
              Rush rocks.

Comment

Working...
              X