Will cam even be in the 3rd movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will cam even be in the 3rd movie

According to Brad, the 3rd movie will mostly be centered on Jack. Also it was said that chris, amanda, and RDA will be in the movie does that mean beau and Ben will not be in the third movie. We know vala won't. I think it would be wierd to have RDA as the star of the movie and Ben in it because they will be fighting for the lead role. Also TPTB said upcoming movies will not have the whole team in it. ~~~~~(rewind wait a minute, does that mean the Sg-1 we have come to know and love will not be there. Come on its not like the actors are always filming and touring. most of them only do 1-3 projects a year(Except for amanda, who is already on board for both movies) Claudia and ben and RDA have nothing schuduled yet. I mean look and Continum and AOt. They had the whole team and more. Why cant we have that in upcoming movies. If we only had partial team, it would kinda ruin the movie(at least for me). Now what do you guys think
    sigpic

At last August's Stargate con in Chicago, I asked Ben if he would be in the 3rd movie. He sort of shrugged his shoulders and said that he'd heard it would be a Jack movie, implying that he wouldn't be in it if it were a Jack movie. Since Brad has confirmed that the movie is a Jack movie, I'm thinking that he won't be in it.

Comment

Well, BR has already confirmed Vala won't be. Since he doesn't say anything about cam, unless he was answering a vala specific question, it is implied cam will.

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
        According to Brad, the 3rd movie will mostly be centered on Jack. Also it was said that chris, amanda, and RDA will be in the movie does that mean beau and Ben will not be in the third movie. We know vala won't. I think it would be wierd to have RDA as the star of the movie and Ben in it because they will be fighting for the lead role. Also TPTB said upcoming movies will not have the whole team in it. ~~~~~(rewind wait a minute, does that mean the Sg-1 we have come to know and love will not be there. Come on its not like the actors are always filming and touring. most of them only do 1-3 projects a year(Except for amanda, who is already on board for both movies) Claudia and ben and RDA have nothing schuduled yet. I mean look and Continum and AOt. They had the whole team and more. Why cant we have that in upcoming movies. If we only had partial team, it would kinda ruin the movie(at least for me). Now what do you guys think
        it'd be weird to not have the guy in charge of the flagship team appear in the movie so yes I think he'll be in it
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I think who we see in any given movie will depend on the particular story that they want to tell in that movie. Who is featured most prominently will probably change from movie to movie, giving all the actors a shot at it. Cam was featured prominently in Continuum, Jack will feature prominently in the next one, and who knows who will be the most prominent character in the forth (assuming there is one). If the movies continue long enough, we will probably see new team movies, classic team movies, and maybe even character movies (don't everyone get their knickers in a twist-I'm just throwing that out there as a possibility). They will all be stargate movies.

It would be nice if we could accept them as such. If this level of angst is maintained about every single decision that is made, well, someone is going to have a stroke. Even though we all may differ on which seasons were the best, I think most of us can agree that SG-1 has always been exceptionally good. There's no reason to think that will change, no matter what story they want to tell.
          Last edited by amconway; 05 January 2009, 01:02 PM.

Comment

I would be shocked if Cam was not in the next movie. The only way they could get away with that is if the story is about Jack at the pentagon, and that would be a pretty lame movie imo. (Maybe an interest episode idea, but not a movie.)

Perfecto!

Comment

I would be shocked if Cam was not in the next movie. The only way they could get away with that is if the story is about Jack at the pentagon, and that would be a pretty lame movie imo. (Maybe an interest episode idea, but not a movie.)
              I would miss Cam, too. I'm very fond of him, but it really depends on the story. If the movie were to start with the members of the first team getting together as friends and something occurred, it would be perfectly logical and would be no slight to the character of Cam. (just the first notion off the top of my head) These folks have an eight year history together that doesn't include him. Not that we have any idea if he'll be there, or what the plot might be. I'm just saying, there are many stories to be told, and telling one that doesn't include one of the characters doesn't mean that the next one won't.

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                According to Brad, the 3rd movie will mostly be centered on Jack. Also it was said that chris, amanda, and RDA will be in the movie does that mean beau and Ben will not be in the third movie.
                What about Michael? If you have O'Neill, you have to have Daniel. With Beau, I don't see why he wouldn't be in the movie, seeing as he's the commander of the SGC.
                Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                  I would miss Cam, too. I'm very fond of him, but it really depends on the story. If the movie were to start with the members of the first team getting together as friends and something occurred, it would be perfectly logical and would be no slight to the character of Cam. (just the first notion off the top of my head) These folks have an eight year history together that doesn't include him. Not that we have any idea if he'll be there, or what the plot might be. I'm just saying, there are many stories to be told, and telling one that doesn't include one of the characters doesn't mean that the next one won't.
                  Good points. I was assuming the film would take place mostly off world. If that was the case why would SG-1 be with out Mitchell? But something like you mentioned could work, but I feel like as a viewer I would feel Cam's absence more so than Vala's since he is the leader of SG-1.

Perfecto!

Comment

What about Michael? If you have O'Neill, you have to have Daniel.
                    I'm sure they want him there. The most obvious reason for not having Vala is that her presence would throw off the dynamic between Jack and Daniel. Let's keep in mind that they haven't formally announced the cast. I can see that there might be a logistical problem, given that Rage of Angels is filming this summer, but that would affect Chris Judge's availability, too. That may be why the movie is filming in the spring, rather than the summer as was mentioned at one point.

But something like you mentioned could work, but I feel like as a viewer I would feel Cam's absence more so than Vala's since he is the leader of SG-1.
                    I figure the story will start with something non-SGC/SG-1 related. Of course I can think of just as many ways to create a situation where only some of the team are there to respond to an emergency. ; ) But I'm betting that it will start outside of business.

Comment

If the film is centred on the original SG1 (I think I read that somewhere on here) then he probably won't be in it.

Comment

Could it possibly be a movie set in the past? Not with time travel but telling of a story that had happened in the past but wasn't an episode of sg1

Comment

Maybe Mitchell's going to have an accident testing a new fighter craft? He'll be putting it though its paces in orbit when it gets whisked away. He'll end up in a distant pat of the galaxy, full of strange aliens, hunted by an insane military commander, just searching fo a way home. Of course we won't find that out until the 4th movie bu he'll have disappeared before the third one comes out.
                          sigpic
                          Banner By JME2

Comment

Could it possibly be a movie set in the past? Not with time travel but telling of a story that had happened in the past but wasn't an episode of sg1
                            That's an interesting idea, but I'm not seeing it as very do-able. They all look, uh, somewhat older now. Fine looking people, don't get me wrong! Still, I think that might be difficult...
                            For one thing-just look at Daniel! It would be pretty hard to buy him being a militarily inexperienced academic at this point. ; )

Maybe Mitchell's going to have an accident testing a new fighter craft? He'll be putting it though its paces in orbit when it gets whisked away. He'll end up in a distant pat of the galaxy, full of strange aliens, hunted by an insane military commander, just searching fo a way home. Of course we won't find that out until the 4th movie bu he'll have disappeared before the third one comes out.
                            LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_5124 View Post
                              unlikely
                              Digitalred93 writes:”If the third SG-1 movie will be Jack-centric, will you be looking backwards or forwards for a character storyline? Any chance you’ll delve more into his ‘Ancient’ genetics?”

BW: Forwards. The end.
                              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...our-questions/
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X