The End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The End

This is from Brad Wrights Q/A. Does "The end" mean.. the end of the Q/A .. which it was the final question, or does it mean the end of..... Jack?

Digitalred93 writes:”If the third SG-1 movie will be Jack-centric, will you be looking backwards or forwards for a character storyline? Any chance you’ll delve more into his ‘Ancient’ genetics?”

BW: Forwards. The end.
    Last edited by Bytor; 05 January 2009, 05:53 AM.
    BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

He was being facetious, imo, saying tha the movie would move forward in time until the end of it.

Comment

I think they will either kill or ascend O'Neill shortly after he makes out with Carter, thus perpetuating her black widow reputation.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't think that TPTB are stupid enough to kill off Jack O'Neill. If that happens you can bet that the entire franchise will die with him.
        Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Commander View Post
          I don't think that TPTB are stupid enough to kill off Jack O'Neill. If that happens you can bet that the entire franchise will die with him.
          Either way, I hope this movie is not about alternate realities, time travel, etc.

I hope Maybourne shows up.
          sigpic

Comment

lmao hardly. The show has ran for a few seasons now without him, not to mention Atlantis has ran independently of him with the exception of a few guest appearances. It's hard to believe that the fate of stargate rests on an individual that hasn't been on the show very often in several seasons.

HERMIOD: 'Crap' indeed.

Comment

I think its very possible they convinced him to come back and make a "Jack Centric" movie knowing that it will be his last --- and he can finally retire in peace (in real life)
              BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Hermiod View Post
                lmao hardly. The show has ran for a few seasons now without him, not to mention Atlantis has ran independently of him with the exception of a few guest appearances. It's hard to believe that the fate of stargate rests on an individual that hasn't been on the show very often in several seasons.
                What Hermiod said

RDA was the center of the franchise about 5 or 6 years ago, the franchise has proven that it can survive without him.
                Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

If you read the entire transcript of the interview you'll see that that was the last question he answered. So, when he said "The end," he meant the end of that exceedingly long Q & A session.

There's at least one other comment in there like that, when he asks Joe how many more questions there are.

Comment

No insult to Mr. Anderson, he did bring us eight years of Jack O'Neill, plus several guest appearances in season nine and ten and Atlantis, but the Stargate franchise can continue without him, just like Star Trek survived without Capt. Kirk or Spock back in 1987 when The Next Generation started. Stargate SG-1 is about SG-1, which currently consists of Colonels Mitchell and Carter, Daniel Jackson, Teal'c and Vala Mal Doran, led by Gen. Landry. While it was great to see Jack come back in Continuum, that story focused more on SG-1, post-O'Neill. And I feel the third Stargate SG-1 movie should do that as well.
                    sigpic

Jaffa Kree!

Comment

May be for you but I love it when they kill people off shame they do not keep them dead for long through.

And well I prefer them to kill him off because his performance in the episode he appeared in has be been crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Goauld System Lord View Post
                        No insult to Mr. Anderson, he did bring us eight years of Jack O'Neill, plus several guest appearances in season nine and ten and Atlantis, but the Stargate franchise can continue without him, just like Star Trek survived without Capt. Kirk or Spock back in 1987 when The Next Generation started. Stargate SG-1 is about SG-1, which currently consists of Colonels Mitchell and Carter, Daniel Jackson, Teal'c and Vala Mal Doran, led by Gen. Landry. While it was great to see Jack come back in Continuum, that story focused more on SG-1, post-O'Neill. And I feel the third Stargate SG-1 movie should do that as well.
                        wrong
                        "Sandra writes: “First question: What would be the Daniel, Mitchell, Vala, Teyla, and Ronon commercials be for “With a Little Stargate Anything is Possible?” Second: If you could write a crossover episode with any other book or TV show what would it be? Third (and this is new): what, in your mind, happened to SG-1 while Sam was on Atlantis? Now that she’s back, will she rejoin the team?”

Answers: 1) Not a clue. 2) Dr. Who. 3) With the Ori dealt with, things were decidedly quiet on the Milky Way front. While not disbanded, SG-1 (made up of Daniel, Teal’c, Mitchell, and Vala) curtailed their off-world exploits.
                        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...se-of-the-day/
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                          Either way, I hope this movie is not about alternate realities, time travel, etc.

I hope Maybourne shows up.
                          AHHH MAYBOURNE! I knew there was someone i wanted to see in the next SG-1 movie. If it's a Jack story there's bound to be some way to involve Maybourne. Anyways, i can't wait for the movie.
                          "There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
                          O'Neill: Yes. Yes it did.
                          Woolsey: What does that mean?
                          O'Neill: Something exploded...

sigpic

Comment

that would be plain dumb
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lewisco View Post
                              AHHH MAYBOURNE! I knew there was someone i wanted to see in the next SG-1 movie. If it's a Jack story there's bound to be some way to involve Maybourne. Anyways, i can't wait for the movie.
                              Maybourne and/or Goa'uld Kinsey. I would love to see Ronny cox as a goa'uld facing off against RDA.

Perfecto!

Comment

Working...
                              X