cityships?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cityships?

How come the ancients went through all that trubble to protect and hide atlantis, but let the cityship from "the tower" decay completley, if those were the only two? and it does seem kinda unlikey that we have been exploring the galaxy for 5 years and only have been able to find these two ships if there were more... and shouldn't there be some left i MW? atlantis is suposed to be the greatest technological achevement of the ancients, so if there are two, there should be more.
    sigpic

Spoiler:
    Originally posted by IMDB
    Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
    Hehe

good point but in the MW sg1 has still only explored a couple handred planets so there could be dozens if not hundreds of the atlantis class city ships around. who knows?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

there are about 30 SG teams in MW, and probably 3-4 of them offworld every day. they have been doing that for like 12 years now. thats about 17 000 planets explored by now.
      sigpic

Spoiler:
      Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
      Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
        there are about 30 SG teams in MW, and probably 3-4 of them offworld every day. they have been doing that for like 12 years now. thats about 17 000 planets explored by now.
        I doubt that it take only a day for a team to explore a planet. Also, they were adding SG teams as time went on; they started with only 2-3. Thus, the SGC has probably explore only a couple thousand by this point.

Also, remember that in "Heroes," they mentioned that the documentary was to commemorate the 1,000th trip through the Stargate, so they had explored, at most, several hundred planets at that point.
        "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
        - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
        - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
        - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Perhaps something that we don't know about happened and that's why?

lol for some reason I feel bad for writing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
            I doubt that it take only a day for a team to explore a planet. Also, they were adding SG teams as time went on; they started with only 2-3. Thus, the SGC has probably explore only a couple thousand by this point.

Also, remember that in "Heroes," they mentioned that the documentary was to commemorate the 1,000th trip through the Stargate, so they had explored, at most, several hundred planets at that point.
            Some planets could have been explored by ships, especially now since we have a few of them. I believe that if any city ship existed in the MW the Goa'uld would have founded it by now unless it's on a planet without a gate (like Taonas), in which case our chances of finding it are extremely small.

Comment

i mean, the lanteans were only a small branch of the ancients. the alterans probably had hundreds... maybe they flew of to another galaxy?
              sigpic

Spoiler:
              Hehe

Comment

i mean, the lanteans were only a small branch of the ancients. the alterans probably had hundreds... maybe they flew of to another galaxy?
                We know for a fact that the Ascended Ancients are protecting our galaxy from other ascended beings. It's reasonable to assume that most of them ascended here and didn't travel to some other galaxy.

Comment

still, there were a lot of them before the plauge. some of them probably wanted to do a little exploring of their own. and whats the use of sending ships to seed the universe with gates if you aren't gonna use them?
                  sigpic

Spoiler:
                  Hehe

Comment

any ship wouldve been used in the exodus to Pegasus. its safe to assume most cityships were destroyed. the Tower one is extremely damaged, and we could scavenge it for parts incase atlantis needs spare ones. but i really think its too damaged.

Comment

I always asumed we did scavenge parts to repair the gate room after lost tribe

also didn't atlantis have all the latest science tech in in it like the hum of all their science

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

there are 1000 of planets, it will be a long time they have explored all of them well

Comment

How come the ancients went through all that trubble to protect and hide atlantis, but let the cityship from "the tower" decay completley, if those were the only two? and it does seem kinda unlikey that we have been exploring the galaxy for 5 years and only have been able to find these two ships if there were more... and shouldn't there be some left i MW? atlantis is suposed to be the greatest technological achevement of the ancients, so if there are two, there should be more.
                          the one from the tower was most likely attacked and maybe it landed for repairs but they never got around to it. this could explain why it didint have a gate in it.
                          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

yeah, but if they could afford to just never get around to it, they are likley to have more, right?
                            sigpic

Spoiler:
                            Hehe

Comment

yeah, but if they could afford to just never get around to it, they are likley to have more, right?
                              unless it was like towards the end of the war and they didint have the resources to fix it and the engines were too badly damaged to fix before they had to retreat back to the MW
                              STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Working...
                              X