PDA

View Full Version : One glaring problem....

80Sierra
January 4th, 2009, 08:40 AM
The truck was clearly dripping engine coolant, not transmission fluid! A mid 90s Chev like that would have a 4l60E automatic transmission which contains a red Mecron/Dextron III hydraulic fluid!

Hermiiod
January 4th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Well if the only "glaring problem" you can find, has to do with the colour of transmission fluid, then well done Writers! ;)

flameling
January 4th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Then the writers did a wonderful job. Maybe it was a mistake and you have to use your "imagination".

Cheshyre
January 4th, 2009, 10:50 AM
While I wouldn't call it a glaring problem, I certainly understand where you're coming from. Mistakes like that, even ones that most people wouldn't notice, can take you right out of the story. It's happened to me many times.

Kudos for having such a keen eye, though. :)

jds1982
January 4th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Well it is an alternate universe, maybe they used a different color transmission fluid in it, and that's why it was divergent from ours.

Morrolan
January 4th, 2009, 12:47 PM
well it is an alternate universe, maybe they used a different color transmission fluid in it, and that's why it was divergent from ours.

green!!!

Hetshepsu
January 4th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Well it is an alternate universe, maybe they used a different color transmission fluid in it, and that's why it was divergent from ours.

ooooo good one! :)

mlarke
January 4th, 2009, 03:31 PM
I thought it was blinker fluid.

prion
January 4th, 2009, 04:54 PM
The truck was clearly dripping engine coolant, not transmission fluid! A mid 90s Chev like that would have a 4l60E automatic transmission which contains a red Mecron/Dextron III hydraulic fluid!

Good catch! Not that I would have known it. ;)

CalmStorm
January 4th, 2009, 05:10 PM
LOL ...I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention.

They could have said transmission fluid but my mind heard radiator coolant...which in my neck of the woods is a florescent green.

Ranger
January 5th, 2009, 06:09 AM
from transcript:
CRIME SCENE GUY: We've got radiator fluid down here. (He points to a wet patch on the ground.) Looks like the vehicle has a leak.

DonĀ“t se no glaring problem...

justabloke
January 5th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Oh for frack's sake! (see how I didn't swear there : -)

Hermiiod
January 6th, 2009, 05:17 AM
Have we all agreed that the guy said Radiator Fluid?

mlarke
January 6th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Have we all agreed that the guy said Radiator Fluid?

Absolutely not. In all the time I have spent (about 10 minutes when I changed a brake light) working on vehicles and vehicular...stuff...I know conclusively that it was blinker fluid running down the over-head posiquad adjuster.

It couldn't have been anything else.

Just in case some didn't get it I was trying to be funny, sometimes I don't hit the mark.

Hermiiod
January 6th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Absolutely not. In all the time I have spent (about 10 minutes when I changed a brake light) working on vehicles and vehicular...stuff...I know conclusively that it was blinker fluid running down the over-head posiquad adjuster.

It couldn't have been anything else.

Just in case some didn't get it I was trying to be funny, sometimes I don't hit the mark.
Hahaha! But seriously, the guy said Radiator Fluid -- I will not let this die until all have agreed> ;)

mlarke
January 6th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Hahaha! But seriously, the guy said Radiator Fluid -- I will not let this die until all have agreed> ;)

I guess I will have to rewatch the episode. Tomorrow though. Need sleepy.

Jill_Ion
January 6th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Rewatched it today. The cop said "radiator fluid." Looked like radiator fluid to me (and yes, I do know what radiator fluid looks like).

ZOMG!b_cs
January 6th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Well, the stuff leaking out of my mom's car is red, so it must be an error. ;)

mlarke
January 7th, 2009, 01:18 AM
I guess I will have to rewatch the episode. Tomorrow though. Need sleepy.

alright so the guy said radiator fluid. but what does he know? he only plays a crime scene investigator on a TV show. I play a know it all on the internet, and I say it was blinker fluid!

Mongoletsi
January 7th, 2009, 01:22 AM
There's paying attention to detail. And then there's this thread ;)

Hermiiod
January 7th, 2009, 06:07 AM
There's paying attention to detail. And then there's this thread ;)

And then there are also fans to delve too deep into the colour of radiator fluid. ;)

Ranger
January 7th, 2009, 10:51 AM
you can never delve too deep in the knowledge of the radiator fluid

Hermiiod
January 7th, 2009, 01:54 PM
-I stand corrected

SciFiSGFan
January 11th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Engine coolant does come in different colors - in this Reality. Mopar has an orange/pinkish colored coolant used in (some of) the new vehicles. I think some of the other makes are following suit. Not sure the specifics of each, but it's not recommended to mix the blends.

Hermiiod
January 12th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Like a Wraith would know not to mix blends. lol

SciFiSGFan
January 12th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Ya never know! They're a pretty smart lot! :)

Quizziard
August 17th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Thought the Camaro was 78-82 period, not 90s...

Thorthewraith
August 23rd, 2011, 11:54 AM
O.o yeah radiatorfluid goes pretty far XD I don't even know what it looks like.

Anyway, I would have liked to see Spike more Spike and less "human." He doesn't look so well as a human.