Spoilers EATG Battle Plan Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoilers EATG Battle Plan Spoilers

This thread is a spoiler for Enemy at the Gate so if you do not want to know do not read ahead

Now I hope my title is vague enough and if this has to be moved to another thread then I am sorry

However I have a question

Spoiler:
    How come Earth is so damn stupid? What I mean to say is why didn't they use other fighters as well as Anti-Aircraft weapons to stop the darts and instead just use the 302's? If Area 51 was so important why not go all out with every jet fighter we had along with using SAM missile batteries or at least use some CIWS or Vulcan weapon system or at least a .50 Cal I mean they didn't really try to hard to stop the darts and yes I know it wouldn't make a very good episode but still I was hoping for more of a defense plan then that

and then a fun question

Spoiler:
    Also I would like to know what strategy you would have done to stop the Super Hive
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Yeah I didnt get why they wouldnt use anti aircraft batteries. But with the fighters I ca nsee they have an excuse not all fighter pilots know about the wraith.

Now what I would do , First encounter I would have tried to dodge the shots that the hive fired. The second encounter with the apollo didnt see so I cant say what was done wrong but i would have picked up from Caldwell's mistakes. I would have had what extra fighters i could defend the chair and some AA guns. And I would have put someone in the chair that can use it not mabee as good as sheppard but as long as they can use it and take them out with drones. Then I would throw everything i have at the hive.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

1. I had almost the same reaction.

My strategy:
      Call in our allies the Jaffa and the Ori. The Wraith want milky way lets give them a proper welcome.

If no allies:

Knowing what would happen to the Apollo and SunTzu:

I would recall all 304's to orbit Earth. It is Apollo, Daedalus Oddysey, Sun Tzu.

I would rush the General Hamond into service and install the ZPM on stargate command to reinforce shields and weapons. That gives me 2 304's with ZPMs and 3 without. Remember the Oddysey already has one.

I would retrofit all 302's with nukes and have them wait in orbit.

I would place a dozen mark nines as a mine field in earth orbit.

O'neil on the area 51 drone chair ready for action

The General Hamond will also be carrying the secret weapon Camulus class ZPM (The tainted one) as a weapon of last resort.

what do you think?
      Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

well, id make the Tria battleready, fit the 304's with gatebusters, and pull off a "no mans land". two 304's firing every nuke they have, then opening up with railguns and beam cannons.

if that wont work: get the oddy over. if that cant happen, beam back the chair to the Arctic and fire the Superweapon. if that wont work: use Railgun emplacements to defend 51 and then use 302's to attack the superhive

Comment

that tainted zpm would get everyone on earth killed exept that i think its a good plan!

Comment

1) Dial Earth from Atlantis, prior to leaving New Lantea, to inform them that we have 3 ZPMs and are coming to assist.
            2) Realise that we actually dialed the Hive.
            3) Beam a nuke from Daedalus to the gateroom (or use an overloaded naquadah generator) and send it through the gate, to the Hive.
            4) Laugh and laugh and laugh.

Also, when the Hive sent darts to attack Area 51, I would have taken them out with drones, not F-302s.

Comment

well a few railguns like the ones on atlantis wouldnt be too bad either

Comment

That single hive in orbit is a sitting duck.

Put a nuke on a small gould scout ship and drop out of hyperspace point blank and nuke it.

Have a 304 sitting in hyperspace with a full load of nuke missiles. Launch an attack with ICBMs with the intention of blinding hive sensors and knocking out darts. 304 drop out of hyperspace just as the explosions subside and nuke it with a missile barrage.

Have the chair in a bunker buster proof type hiding hole instead of somewhere a kamakazee cesna could hit it. When hive drops out of hyperspace do it just like the advanced hive in Vegas was dealt with.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                  Put a nuke on a small gould scout ship and drop out of hyperspace point blank and nuke it.
                  Actually, as we saw in "No Man's Land," even normal Hives are highly resistant to nuclear weapons, so unless the scout ship could exit hyperspace inside the Hiveship...

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                  When hive drops out of hyperspace do it just like the advanced hive in Vegas was dealt with.
                  Actually, the Hive in "Vegas" was most likely a regular Hive; we have no idea how effective drones would be against the Advanced Hive.
                  "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                  - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                  - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                  - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

i doubt the vegas one was normal.

look, nukes DO hurt. a single nuke heavily damaged a hive. imagine what gatebusters spammed en masse would do!

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      i doubt the vegas one was normal.
                      Why? There is no reason to suspect that it was anything other than a normal hive.

look, nukes DO hurt. a single nuke heavily damaged a hive. imagine what gatebusters spammed en masse would do!
                      "Gatebusters spammed in mass"? How would they do that. First of all, I doubt that Mk. IXs are easy to make, given the fact that Horizon had only six warheads and four decoys as opposed to six warheads and four more warheads. Second, in "No Man's Land," the Daedalus launched its entire complement of missiles, and yet only one got through.

In other words, Earth most likely does not have the resources to spam enough Mk. IXs to penetrate a Hive's fighter screen, but anything smaller would be completely ineffective given the hive's upgraded defences.
                      "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                      - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                      - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                      - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

yes it would work. the hive had launched darts already. john was in a dartbay, but no darts were seen. in the orbital battle, no darts were seen. there's no reason to believe it had enough darts left to kill all the missiles, seeing how many missiles a deadalus can fire.

the vegas hive WAS a superhive. the episode pretty obviously hinted at the fact that it WAS an invasion by the superhive, but it was gone wrong: thats why the wraith sent the coordinates and thats why it contained a warning about the chair

Comment

yes it would work. the hive had launched darts already. john was in a dartbay, but no darts were seen. in the orbital battle, no darts were seen. there's no reason to believe it had enough darts left to kill all the missiles, seeing how many missiles a deadalus can fire.

the vegas hive WAS a superhive. the episode pretty obviously hinted at the fact that it WAS an invasion by the superhive, but it was gone wrong: thats why the wraith sent the coordinates and thats why it contained a warning about the chair
                          I guess Drones are still better than the Asgard beans then lol.
                          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

i dont think so. but what has more effect? 6 APBW per ship, and 3 ships firing, or 10000 drones fired at you?

Comment

i dont think so. but what has more effect? 6 APBW per ship, and 3 ships firing, or 10000 drones fired at you?
                              It wasn't really a serious comment, both weapons have their strengths. I don't know which would be more effective...our ships hardly have 6 APBW's per ship, they fire a couple at once max. We saw the Asgard beams do minimal damage to the Hive, Atlantis' drones weren't particularly effective either although they were in tiny numbers. The Hive obviously feared the outpost so I would assume a swarm of drones would be more effective than the plasma beams.
                              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Working...
                              X