This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 2 Hopes/Fears/Predictions !! Contains spoilers for S1 and 2

So, as I watched Revelations, my mind started to wander, and I had a crazy ideas that would make for some interesting plots.

First of all, doesn't Druit's newfound interest in his fellow Abnormal make him seem a bit like Magneto? Is he going to become sort of an anti-Helen, organizing "abies" with an eye toward self-preservation and defence against both the Cabal and other groups that would harm them.

Of course, another of the 5 might have a similar goal....if he's still around.....

It's a shame the whole Cabal plot is pretty cut and dried (at least, it seems so): I had a passing idea of another group using the Sanct./Cabal feud to make a power grab, perhaps becoming the 'leaders' in abnormal society.

I don't know how good the makeup is for TBG, but it would be cool for an ep where he is center stage (like the Ronan/Teal'c episodes); maybe with him in a forest hunting something or trying to save the team.

Some creatures I'd like to see done on the show, and if they could do them in a unique way it would be worth it:
    Reptoids (what if one species of dino evolved and survived in secret, acting as both our friends and enemies over time?)

UFO's (there is a guy who says all UFO sightings are actually people seeing "aireal lifeforms", sorta big air-jellyfish. but then what are the greys?)

I've mentioned fairies in a different post; perhaps have them be mostly humanish, but with psychic powers
    Chupacabra: since this monster just showed up in myths just recently, is there anything better to be some sorta experiment gone wrong?
    Well, since the Invisible man, Jack the Ripper, Dr. Watson and Tesla were all abnormals, what other historical figures are secretly abnormals? And are they still around? (Maybe Dr. Jeckyl was a wannabee member of the five, and stole tainted Vamp blood...?.....and now he's doing research again!)

The Perfect Episode:

1. Build a time machine.

2. Use said time machine to go back to the 1960s and grab Nigel Griffin before he dies.

3. Lock Griffin, Tesla, Magnus, Druitt, and Watson in a closet.

4. Ensure that it is a small closet.

5. Put up a shield so that Druitt cannot escape.

6. Barricade the door so that nobody else can escape.

7. Sit back and watch hilarity ensue.

8. Extra points if Ashley/Will/Henry know the Five are locked in the closet but choose to leave them there.

9. Super special points if the Five, entirely on a whim, come up with a completely workable plan for global domination at around the thirty-minute mark.

Comment

anyone ever watched the sg1 ep 'abyss'? how about an ep like that for helen, only without a goauld doing it.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
        Reptoids (what if one species of dino evolved and survived in secret, acting as both our friends and enemies over time?)....
        Didn't they somewhat do that in the pilot? There was a lizard-like person going across the screen in a bathrobe and cup of coffee. I'd made other comments at the time that this abnormal could be the accountant or in charge of water purification or something.

-------
        Otherwise, I think there will be a lot of "This historical person was really an abnormal" because those will be fun throw-aways not to have time devoted to them.
        I think the Cabal will stay for a while yet, but that doesn't preclude another bad-group showing up. Bad guys are usually done so there is a couple that aren't too bad to deal with.

I'd like a darker episode dealing with the underworld, like the partial-insectoid informant that was on in the beginning.

And ya know at some point there's going to be a level 5 breach letting the baddest of the bad out, and they'll have to hunt down the fire elemental.
        Last edited by ZeroPoint; 04 January 2009, 05:20 PM. Reason: added more

Comment

...be funny if Elvis showed up as a shape-shifter. LOL!

~Dave

Comment

I thought it would be nice to start a thread like this. it seems like the right time, what with season 1 finished and all
            anyway, i was thinking maybe they should do internet mini-sodes to quench our thirst for sanctuary stuff, that'd be cool.

i'll start off by pondering.... clara griffin? new regular/recurring character?
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Hi Avatar ! Edit and tricky !

I've added the spoiler warning to the title ,and stickied this thread for ease and convenience for everyone , so that once the finale airs in the US ,the Sanctuarians can come straight in and post their ideas.

Cheers !
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 11 January 2009, 05:00 AM. Reason: edited to include greeting to tricky.
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

oops, i didn't even realise we were ahead this side of the pond!! thanks for stickying FH
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                Quotes!
                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                sigpic

Comment

My pleasure.

I love to build up theories and ideas - then watch them go "pop" .

( You really didn't know ? Wow !)

Comment

i thought we were half a week behind!!
                    Spoiler:
                    Disclaimer:
                    Quotes!
                    sigpic

Comment

No,mate - that's EAG I think.

Comment

i'm sure we were behind, then we had a break for darts, and a break in the US.... was our break shorter than thiers?

anyway. back on topic, delete this exchange if you want FH
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        Quotes!
                        sigpic

Comment

I'd rather not see too much of Clara Griffin. I don't know why, but she's not all that interesting to me. I would like to find out more about Nigel Griffin, in fact I'm curious about all from The Five, and their past. How they came to be as a group, what were they like before they got their powers, what happened to them after they got the powers... there is so just much to explore, at least in flashbacks like we saw in "The Five".
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                            I'd rather not see too much of Clara Griffin. I don't know why, but she's not all that interesting to me. I would like to find out more about Nigel Griffin, in fact I'm curious about all from The Five, and their past. How they came to be as a group, what were they like before they got their powers, what happened to them after they got the powers... there is so just much to explore, at least in flashbacks like we saw in "The Five".
                            it was more of a prediction than a hope, we didn't really get to see much of her personality, i'm thinking TPTB may give her a recurring part, ie if an ep could ever need the abilities of someone that can turn invisable, she can be called upon.

i'd love to find out about nigel aswell. one of the things a love about sanctuary is the wealth of stories that could be looked back upon in flashback.
                            Spoiler:
                            Disclaimer:
                            Quotes!
                            sigpic

Comment

Hmmm... Clara intruiges me. She's an interesting, edgy character with some nice angsty issues, and I love the dynamic she and Will have.

Revelations 2 spoiler:
                              Spoiler:
                              Yay, the kiss at the end of Rev2! Not to mention plenty of nakedness...

I'd like to see more of Tesla, just to find out how he's doing with his (spoilers: The Five) -
                              Spoiler:
                              vampire army
                              and also I love the ship between him and Helen (yes, I'm wierd!).

There have also been hopes among the shippers for a Martin Wood cameo role, which would be funny, and another shippy/lol ep like Nubbins would be nice.

Also some plot development on Henry - he's a great character - and more of the journalist from "Instinct" - methinks we haven't seen the last of her...

I know it would be hard, but I'd love a time travel ep, and for some reason (maybe because I've been cooped up inside so much, lol) I've been wondering about a Sanctuary/Scrubs crossover... It could work! Either dream sequence or virtual reality. *ahem*

What about you guys?

PS: Lots more ship please! So far I reckon there are signs that there's a lot of potential ship on this show, and I hope it carries through! Not that it's romance-centered, of course, but just enough to keep me happy!
                              ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

Working...
                              X