Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vegas: Proof seasons 4 & 5 are set in an alternate reality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vegas: Proof seasons 4 & 5 are set in an alternate reality?

In the season 5 episode Vegas, this Rod-like character shows up in this random alternate reality, except it's clear he is not Rod from the season 3 episode McKay and Mrs. Miller. That said, it seems to be implied throughout the ep (at least to me) that "Rod 2" visited the reality that has been shown to us since season 4.

Questions:

1) Do you think seasons 4 & 5 are not set in the same reality as the first three seasons of SGA (which would explain why "Rod 2" visited such reality)? If so, what could have caused the dimensional shift?

2) Do you think "Rod 2" paid a visit to "our reality" off-screen?

3) Do you think random McKay visited random Sheppard in a random reality of a random show written by random writers and produced by random producers?
    sigpic

And in the S1-3 reality, Weir never died, the real Carson came back never even died, Keller never existed, and fluffy bunnies are free to frolic throughout the Pegasus Galaxy?

Spoiler:

Comment

no, but ur right about the rod thing, i dont get it, i'll comment on JM's blog and get the answer.....

sigpic
      Sig made by squirrely1
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
      *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
        And in the S1-3 reality, Weir never died, the real Carson came back never even died, Keller never existed, and fluffy bunnies are free to frolic throughout the Pegasus Galaxy?

Spoiler:
        Let's hear it for the bunnies!

And since there are an infinite number of AU's anything is possible. I think this was just a short look at one of those. In fact, I like to think that Carson would have been the coroner that John knew. They just had Keller do the autopsy on the guy killed by the Wraith so that the secret wouldn't get out. IMHO.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
          In the season 5 episode Vegas, this Rod-like character shows up in this random alternate reality, except it's clear he is not Rod from the season 3 episode McKay and Mrs. Miller. That said, it seems to be implied throughout the ep (at least to me) that "Rod 2" visited the reality that has been shown to us since season 4.

Questions:

1) Do you think seasons 4 & 5 are not set in the same reality as the first three seasons of SGA (which would explain why "Rod 2" visited such reality)? If so, what could have caused the dimensional shift?

2) Do you think "Rod 2" paid a visit to "our reality" off-screen?

3) Do you think random McKay visited random Sheppard in a random reality of a random show written by random writers and produced by random producers?
          1) No, seasons 4 & 5 are set in the same reality as the rest of Atlantis and SG-1. The Vegas Rodney visited another reality and met a Sheppard on Atlantis.

2) No, the Vegas McKay visited a different reality off-screen.

3) No, McKay visited a random Sheppard in a random reality of the same show written by the same writers and produced by the same producers in our reality.

Comment

There are an infinite number of AU's but I still want to see that reality with the bunnies.
            http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by flameling View Post
              There are an infinite number of AU's but I still want to see that reality with the bunnies.
              Bunnies would be awesome!!!

Comment

or a world with no shrimp!
                Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

they are in an alternate reality since episode 1 of the first season !!

Comment

yep! due to "Before I Sleep!"

Comment

Actualy I think it's the same universe that the "dark side" SG-1 came from in "ripple effect" cause the Alternate Rodney said that they had opened a rift between Altarnate Realaties a few years back and that's how the wraith transmission entered multable realaties and as for him begin "Rod McKay" it's not him cause "Rod" stated clearly that his Sheppard "makes your McKay seem modist by comparason" as for the "sheppard" the Altarnate reality he met it must have happended in a diffrent Altarnate reality to our own
                      Last edited by Atlanis; 04 January 2009, 05:12 PM.
                      C. Edmund

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post

Spoiler:
                        Love Mr Worf's reaction to the questions what colour are the bunnies?
                        I came, I saw, I conquered!
                        sigpic
                        We are unique! Created unique!
                        Sevenofnine

Comment

Originally posted by presta View Post
                          they are in an alternate reality since episode 1 of the first season !!
                          Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                          yep! due to "Before I Sleep!"
                          Good point.

I thought Star Trek did a great job with alternate realities episodes, especially those Mirror, Mirror episodes. It was fun seeing how things progressed in that specific reality throughtout the five Trek shows.

Unfortunately, Stargate writers don't stick with one alternate reality, which detracts from the whole experience, imo. In fact, when you start randomly depicting all these endless realities, everything/everyone becomes pointless and expendable, including everything/everyone from the main reality.

But, please, continue discussing bunnies and other trivialities. That's what Stargate is all about these days anyway.

BTW, thanks mods, you're very effective when you want to be.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                            or a world with no shrimp!
                            Is that from what I think it's from or am I losing it?

Comment

Yes!
                              Anya telling Buffy about Jonathan in Superstar...I was waiting to see if anyone caught that!

Comment

Working...
                              X