Plot Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plot Question

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but if the big deal in 'Vegas' is about the Wraith not knowing the location of Earth, where did the Wratih in the episode and his hive ship that arrived three months ago come from? And by the way, what's the deal with regular Wraith (not just queens) having super mental abilities?

Originally posted by songar87 View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but if the big deal in 'Vegas' is about the Wraith not knowing the location of Earth, where did the Wratih in the episode and his hive ship that arrived three months ago come from?
    Umm... I don't know. Good question.

And by the way, what's the deal with regular Wraith (not just queens) having super mental abilities?
    I thought it was just me! I don't remember the wraith having mental abilities like that either and it really confused me. Maybe I'm just being forgetful and it's been referenced somewhere before?
    Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
    Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

And by the way, what's the deal with regular Wraith (not just queens) having super mental abilities?
      They established the fact that regular wraith have mental abilities in "Rising." The wraith in the darts above Athos are able to make the Athosians and Sumner's team see things that aren't really there.

Comment

And how could McKay be from McKay and Mrs. Miller? He told Sheppard was a member of MENSA, who liked to speak about it all the time. So Sheppard had to be in Atlantis and can't be a detective...

ROD: If you could call it that. He’s very active with the Mensa club we have there.

(John frowns.)

ROD: They have a lot of, um, functions.

SHEPPARD: Well, you can’t blame a man for his intelligence.

ROD: No, but I can blame him for reminding all the time.

SHEPPARD (amazed): He doesn’t!

ROD: Mmm, trust me. My Sheppard makes your Rodney seem modest in comparison.

(John looks a little disturbed by this.)

SHEPPARD: Well, I’ve gotta admit -- between you and me -- you’re a lot different than our Rodney too.

ROD: How so?

SHEPPARD: It’s the little things. You like golf; you say “please” and “thank you”; you’re, um ... what’s the opposite of condescending?
        http://gateworld.net/atlantis/s3/transcripts/308.shtml
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Plot?

Comment

OK...what did I miss? How did they get here and why is this happening? Why is Shep not Shep but everyone else from another universe?? Wasn't everyone happily out and about in Pegasus an episode ago? Did I fall alseep? ....Again.... I love this show but know I am starting to see it is time to go. Did not care for this episode... Don't like Santuary and not looking forward to much else on the horizon but the end of BSG...which is also depressing me... I think it is time to break open my SG1 box sets and start from the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by AmyE View Post
              OK...what did I miss? How did they get here and why is this happening? Why is Shep not Shep but everyone else from another universe?? Wasn't everyone happily out and about in Pegasus an episode ago? Did I fall alseep? ....Again.... I love this show but know I am starting to see it is time to go. Did not care for this episode... Don't like Santuary and not looking forward to much else on the horizon but the end of BSG...which is also depressing me... I think it is time to break open my SG1 box sets and start from the beginning.
              yeah, tha't an alternate reality episode...a view from the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatorade View Post
                yeah, tha't an alternate reality episode...a view from the other side.
                I do not like when they do this. With infinite possibilites and realities episodes like this can go on forever in any sort of way and make no sense within the bigger picture. Like Sliders gone bad...thought I did like Sliders...except the rip off of a finale I am getting to the point with Scifi programs that I do not want to watch live in season for fear of disapointment or premature cancellation or the show just disappears one day never to be heard from again.... Invasion....Surface... ?? And where is the rest of the Chronicles of Riddick???? Lot's of hype and promises that never deliver. Where have all the great scifi writers gone? Long time have seen....long time ago...
                It really makes me feel like I am in the minority in my viewing preferences.

Comment

Way back in Season 2, Michael and his Queen uploaded Wraith data on Atlantis computers to get the Aurora mission logs and star maps, including the location of earth.

I'm guessing in this reality, that wraith ship wasn't stopped by the Daedalus and Orion in the void between Pegasus and the Milky Way, but made it to earth and was taken out by the Ancient Outpost in Antarctica.

And the point of this episode is that the stranded Wraith sent a signal to Pegasus that had the location of earth. It didn't reach Pegasus in his reality, because most of the signal leaked into other realities exposed to that one.

So a wraith on that alternate-reality earth quite possibly tipped off wraith in our reality as to the location of "our" earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                    And how could McKay be from McKay and Mrs. Miller? He told Sheppard was a member of MENSA, who liked to speak about it all the time. So Sheppard had to be in Atlantis and can't be a detective...

http://gateworld.net/atlantis/s3/transcripts/308.shtml
                    Simple, he isn't Rod from McKay and Mrs. Miller. Who said he was?
                    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post

Doesn't it stand to reason that AU's "our" team haven't come across may have met other AU's that we haven't come across either? There are an infinite number of alternate realities out there after all.

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but if the big deal in 'Vegas' is about the Wraith not knowing the location of Earth, where did the Wratih in the episode and his hive ship that arrived three months ago come from?
                        Apparently only small differences exist between our reality and Vegas'...

Spoiler:
                        (Rodney mentioned he had visited a similar alternate reality, very similar to Vegas', but that Sheppard was the leader instead of Rodney).*

It's possible that the Atlantis in Vegas' reality made allies with Todd's hive...

Spoiler:
                        because we saw Todd being held prisoner on Earth.

In our reality, Todd forced access to a lot of sensitive material...

Spoiler:
                        including the McKay-Carter Gate Bridge macro, leading to the Wraith invasion of Midway and consequentially its destruction (Cavanaugh wouldn't have accidentially triggered a self-destruct booby-trap if the Wraith hadn't uploaded it).

So if Todd's Wraith had the location for Earth and wanted a new feeding ground exclusively for themselves, they'd not tell the others. Thus, only 1 hive ship came.

Forgive any unnecessary Spoiler tags. I don't know what's considered sensitive in this part of the forums.

*It may not be a stretch that Vegas' Rodney visited our Atlantis. I mean, just because we didn't see it on-screen doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Comment

I was under the impression that the Mckay is the suit was the same one from Mckay and Mrs. Miller.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                          MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                            OR s4-s5 is set in an alternate reality which was visited by Rod from Vegas...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by capt. moroni View Post
                              Way back in Season 2, Michael and his Queen uploaded Wraith data on Atlantis computers to get the Aurora mission logs and star maps, including the location of earth.

I'm guessing in this reality, that wraith ship wasn't stopped by the Daedalus and Orion in the void between Pegasus and the Milky Way, but made it to earth and was taken out by the Ancient Outpost in Antarctica.

And the point of this episode is that the stranded Wraith sent a signal to Pegasus that had the location of earth. It didn't reach Pegasus in his reality, because most of the signal leaked into other realities exposed to that one.

So a wraith on that alternate-reality earth quite possibly tipped off wraith in our reality as to the location of "our" earth.
                              Now that make sense to me Joe did say the 2 episodes where linked, so was that the link he was talking about? Has any one asked Joe yet?

Hermiod
                              I was under the impression that the Mckay is the suit was the same one from Mckay and Mrs. Miller.
                              Not sure about that.
                              Spoiler:
                              Is he the one called Rod, right? So what happened to Rod's Shepherd, the one in Mensa? I'm sure Rod is talking about our team Atlantis.

MCH
                              Last edited by MCH; 03 January 2009, 06:27 AM.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Working...
                              X