PDA

View Full Version : Best line in 'Vegas'

Fenrir Foxz
January 2nd, 2009, 06:01 PM
Sheppard: "I've got eight bodies in three months and I don't like it when the lead coroner on my case gets replaced by somebody who doesn't look old enough to be in medical school."

I found this amusing as it's one of the complaints about Keller as CMO. :p

Starsaber
January 2nd, 2009, 06:03 PM
Sheppard: "I've got eight bodies in three months and I don't like it when the lead coroner on my case gets replaced by somebody who doesn't look old enough to be in medical school."

I found this amusing as it's one of the complaints about Keller as CMO. :p

Yeah, I found that pretty funny too. I wonder if it was a joke at the expense of people who complained about her age.

Infernorhythm
January 2nd, 2009, 06:05 PM
Sheppard: Oh crap....

Some things never change. :)

naamiaiset
January 2nd, 2009, 06:05 PM
"I'll show you your destiny, John Sheppard."

"You've been taking my money all night and you won't even look at me?"

jelgate
January 2nd, 2009, 06:07 PM
I liked the little joke about the Wraith working at the Star Trek attraction and then Woosley saying it was closed down.

Poor Zelenka

Yanks4Life23519
January 2nd, 2009, 06:36 PM
I liked the science fiction quote between McKay and Sheppard ;)

Briangate78
January 2nd, 2009, 06:44 PM
Todd: You don't know your Desinty.......John Sheppard.

That gave me chills. :p

Infernorhythm
January 2nd, 2009, 07:09 PM
Todd: You don't know your Desinty.......John Sheppard.

That gave me chills. :p

Yeah, I concede, that is the best line, hands down.

ladyjanus
January 2nd, 2009, 07:11 PM
Sheppard to Keller: I don't know where you're from but around here anything can happen...

Captain James
January 2nd, 2009, 07:20 PM
McKay: This all must seem like science fiction to you.
Sheppard: Am not really a fan.

Cheshyre
January 2nd, 2009, 07:35 PM
Rodney: Zed PM. ZPM. Sorry. I'm Canadian.

Zelenka: You are such a child.
Rodney: Yet I'm still smarter than you.

Zelenka: He could have gone into hiding.
Rodney: Or he got a job as a Klingon at Star Trek the Experience.
Woosley: That shut down.
Zelenka: Oh, really? I wanted to see that.

Woosley looked so sad when he said it shut down. ;)

Also, the Sopranos guys talking about the finger while they were playing poker. It was just so funny and random.

FN-P90
January 2nd, 2009, 07:54 PM

Also, the Sopranos guys talking about the finger while they were playing poker. It was just so funny and random.

Best Line Ever :lol:

bfldworker
January 2nd, 2009, 08:08 PM
Perhaps it is because I am a hard core Todd Fan. I loved the "Poems" Todd was putting out. Very chilling, villainous but with a aire of that familiar Todd Humor.

Hermiiod
January 2nd, 2009, 08:09 PM
I just loved when the Wraith let our that scream before the two fighters blew him up. I believe he just yelled "Noooo!", but it was really, really well done.

rsanchez
January 3rd, 2009, 05:51 AM
Perhaps it is because I am a hard core Todd Fan. I loved the "Poems" Todd was putting out. Very chilling, villainous but with a aire of that Familiar Todd Humor.

I agree. My favorite line was when he said the Wraith were eternal. It was his way of saying "funny little humans, you only defeated one Wraith and he was my UNDERLING. I know your fates, especially you, John Sheppard..."

MCH
January 3rd, 2009, 06:33 AM
I agree. My favorite line was when he said the Wraith were eternal. It was his way of saying "funny little humans, you only defeated one Wraith and he was my UNDERLING. I know your fates, especially you, John Sheppard..."

That's chilling theought and also

"Todd: You don't know your Desinty.......John Sheppard."

John was affected by that comment all the more so because Shepherd don't know how Todd knew him.

MCH

Briangate78
January 3rd, 2009, 06:36 AM
That's chilling theought and also

"Todd: You don't know your Desinty.......John Sheppard."

John was affected by that comment all the more so because Shepherd don't know how Todd knew him.

MCH

I rewatched it again, and I believe Todd said "Let me show you your Destiny, John Sheppard."

Laura Dove
January 3rd, 2009, 06:42 AM
I rewatched it again, and I believe Todd said "Let me show you your Destiny, John Sheppard."

I understood it as "Come inside. I'll show you your destiny... John Sheppard"
(Looks for the transcript (http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGA_5.19_"Vegas"_Transcript)... Hm, seems I understood it well.)

Briangate78
January 3rd, 2009, 06:43 AM
(Looks for the transcript (http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGA_5.19_"Vegas"_Transcript)... Hm, seems I understood it well.)

Yup that was it, thanks! :p

Laura Dove
January 3rd, 2009, 07:08 AM
Yup that was it, thanks! :p

I've watched this scene a... certain amount of times, and I know it by heart, at least the parts I could understand. I'll have to learn the transcript to improve my understanding. :D

MCH
January 3rd, 2009, 07:10 AM

Yup your right I checked too. Thanks for the link ..... Hum just a theought that would be like stepping into a box with a cobra if Shepherd had stepped inside.

MCH

Laura Dove
January 3rd, 2009, 07:43 AM
Yup your right I checked too. Thanks for the link ..... Hum just a theought that would be like stepping into a box with a cobra if Shepherd had stepped inside.

A FAMISHED cobra. :D Of course, Todd was trying to lure him inside to feed on him. You could almost see him drooling all over the window. ;)

Anon
January 3rd, 2009, 07:55 AM

yeah these are the best

Starry Waters
January 3rd, 2009, 07:59 AM
Todd: "Defiance tastes like life itself."

Laura Dove
January 3rd, 2009, 07:59 AM
Oh, that reminds me that besides Todd's poetry, there was I line that just cracked me up. One of the poker players, to the wraith: "Got me again! It's almost like you can read minds, huh?" :lol:

Starry Waters
January 3rd, 2009, 08:00 AM
A FAMISHED cobra. :D Of course, Todd was trying to lure him inside to feed on him. You could almost see him drooling all over the window. ;)

:lol:

Ikaros
January 3rd, 2009, 08:06 AM
Todd's monologue and Mckay's :"I have the power to destroy your life"

The Collector
January 4th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Rodney: Have I left anything out?
John: Yeah, I like Spearmint Gum
*Rodney pulls a pack of gum out of his pocket*
Rodney: Here Have a Piece
John: I was joking

Morrolan
January 4th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Rodney: Have I left anything out?
John: Yeah, I like Spearmint Gum
*Rodney pulls a pack of gum out of his pocket*
Rodney: Here Have a Piece
John: I was joking

No, you weren't. :)

That delivery was great!

APFW
January 4th, 2009, 12:55 PM
I like the gum exchange and what Sheppard told Keller about her youth and experience.

Vey
January 4th, 2009, 02:03 PM

:indeed:

Hermiiod
January 5th, 2009, 06:04 AM
I love Todd trying to recite poetry. Though we didn't get to hear much of it in this episode, I can just imagine him going on and on for hours. :D

andromeda_dan
January 5th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Wraith screaming after he pulled the lever on the one-arm bandit machine in his trailer. Guess he lost out on that bet.

PMN1
January 5th, 2009, 01:55 PM
I love Todd trying to recite poetry. Though we didn't get to hear much of it in this episode, I can just imagine him going on and on for hours. :D

Reminded me on Vogon poetry, not quite as bad as Asgoth poetry and nowhere near as bad as Earth poetry.

Hermiiod
January 5th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Reminded me on Vogon poetry, not quite as bad as Asgoth poetry and nowhere near as bad as Earth poetry.

Very true. However, Todd was no where as bad as the very worst poetry of all, which luckily perished along with its creator, Paul Neil Milne Johnstone of Redbridge, in the destruction of the planet Earth. Vogon poetry, and Todd's poetry for that matter, is mild by comparison. http://img3.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/scared/scared0011.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net)

JasonG
January 5th, 2009, 02:06 PM
I like the gum exchange and what Sheppard told Keller about her youth and experience.

I liked these as well. And this one:

McKAY: Nothing is what you think it is.

SHEPPARD: It really doesn't come as a surprise to me.

:sheppard::ronan::teyla::mckay:

Racer
January 5th, 2009, 07:40 PM

He can very well carry a scene. A very strong character.

BeckyS
January 5th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Asking here, since all of you seem to be really good at figuring out what they say ...

Rodney's last line -- was it "They" or "He"?

"They" makes more sense, but I could swear I hear a long ee ...

Thanks!

Becky

Hermiiod
January 6th, 2009, 05:20 AM
Rodney's last line, (after watching the video again just to make sure) sounded a lot like
"They could be in a lot of trouble right now." However, I still cannot be 100% sure.

ZOMG!b_cs
January 6th, 2009, 08:28 AM
It wasn't a spoken line, but I loved the scene where Sheppard was packing up his office, handed the box to his boss, pulled out his Johnny Cash poster and left.

Dwparsnip
January 6th, 2009, 08:33 AM
It wasn't a spoken line, but I loved the scene where Sheppard was packing up his office, handed the box to his boss, pulled out his Johnny Cash poster and left.

That was so Sheppard....I loved that scene.

ZOMG!b_cs
January 6th, 2009, 08:43 AM
That was so Sheppard....I loved that scene.

Made me all weak in the knees. ;)

cabooservb
January 11th, 2009, 07:40 PM
I liked the little joke about the Wraith working at the Star Trek attraction and then Woosley saying it was closed down.

Poor Zelenka

That was awesome, don't take the show away.

PG15
January 12th, 2009, 12:13 AM
"I'll be what I am...a Solitary Man..."

Forestia
January 12th, 2009, 06:20 AM
Awesome, I love that song!

MCKAY: Oh, yes. He probably got a job as a Klingon at Star Trek: The Experience.

WOOLSEY: That shut down.

ZELENKA: Really? Damn. I wanted to see that.

I got a kick out of that scene for 2 reasons. First of all, the fact that Woolsey sounds like he thinks Rodney is serious about the Wraith possibly going to work there and also Zelenka's disappointment because I wanted to see the show too and didn't get a chance so I felt his pain ;)

I thought there were many good quotes in the ep. though.

Encoder
October 15th, 2009, 11:46 PM

Definitely the funniest lines in the ep!

:sheppard:

asdf1239
April 8th, 2010, 04:17 PM
mckay:im sure this all sounds like science fiction to you
sheppard:i'm not really a fan

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
April 8th, 2010, 04:55 PM
May not have been a line but I thought the shoot out at the end between John Sheppard and the wraith was pretty sweet.

J-Whitt Remastered
April 16th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Awesome, I love that song!

MCKAY: Oh, yes. He probably got a job as a Klingon at Star Trek: The Experience.

WOOLSEY: That shut down.

ZELENKA: Really? Damn. I wanted to see that.

I got a kick out of that scene for 2 reasons. First of all, the fact that Woolsey sounds like he thinks Rodney is serious about the Wraith possibly going to work there and also Zelenka's disappointment because I wanted to see the show too and didn't get a chance so I felt his pain ;)

I thought there were many good quotes in the ep. though.

I always wanted to see it too. My reaction was about the same when I heard about it shutting down. I just saw it and immediately changed my signature to match it.

Thorthewraith
January 24th, 2011, 11:23 AM
(Looks for the transcript... Hm, seems I understood it well.)
And he was talking about the wraith. His internal wraith wi-fi is working XD

These are the lines and more rememberable quotes are here: http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0056880/quotes

Fish in a pond, busy busy, lots to do, here and there. Dry as a desert outside, no place to go. Eat up, get stronger, think and hope, think and hope. Don't look now! Oh, keep dreaming. There must be some other reason for your existence. Defiance tastes like life itself. No river. No water. Die in the desert. Dirt is all around. The harvest moon is rising. Wraith are never-ending. I know the future. Come inside. I'll show you your destiny... John Sheppard.

I thinks he's describing the end of Sheppard and the wraith. The wraith is actually stuck there on earth wich explains "no were to go" of course he'll get hungry in time and because of the radiation "eat up get stronger" to heal himself. "Die in the desert, dirt is all around" maybe about the defeated wraith and the scraps surrounding Sheppard?"The harves moon is rising." Maybe refering to that he would have gone to cul a planet by now if he wasn't stuck there on earth?

I like that "The wraith are never ending" quote. It's mysterious.

Damn I'm always so delayed, Talking about things, refering to things that were zillion pages ago XD

Hellraiser-89
January 24th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Todd's speech:)