This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoof Episode

Certain members of my family are big soap opera freaks. They are very dedicated to All My Children (the show William DeVry is now on!) But once every year they become totally glued to the television screen watching the Spoof Episode (official title I do not know).

All year they take requests from the public for this episode, which is completely detached from the continuity of the show, for fans to see exactly what they want to see. Often the hotties have multiple affairs, some characters might get killed off, etc. It's generally the most-watched show of the year. I've thought about asking Joe Mallozzi what he'd say to a show like that. They are usually remembered very fondly. Everyone could get what they wanted. Sam and Jack could camp out in the guest quarters, Teal'c could go on a rampage, etc.

What would you think to this type of show, and what would you have in it?

Originally posted by David
    What would you think to this type of show, and what would you have in it?
    No. Absolutely not. In no way do I ever want to see anything even remotely APPROACHING that sort of idea. It'd be: Sam & Jack have sex. Jack and Daniel have sex. Sam and Jack have more sex and maybe even get married on the side. No. No. No. No. No.

The opportunity would be so massively abused that it isn't even fun to consider.

Sorry, but NO.

Comment

dirtbike racing through the stargate.
      teal'c and hammond getting high.
      sam and jack switching bodies (a la "holiday").
      bra'tac in a teal'c style cowboy hat.
      daniel in a boxing match with a high teal'c.
      sam and jack (back in their own bodies) getting together, then getting amnesia
      the whole team doing a wizard of oz spoof scene, costumes and all.
      and i could continue with this for a very long time...

Comment

It works for the soaps, but it wouldn't work for this show. That would work about as well as a musical episode of Buff...

Bad example.

Let's just say that it's an interesting idea, but wouldn't work in practice.

The Man

Comment

this one's just for shadowmaat...
          sam and jack have 10 babies! HA! and daniel and jack get married on a planet that hasn't outlawed that kind of thing yet. :insert evil laugh here:

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
            this one's just for shadowmaat...
            sam and jack have 10 babies! HA! and daniel and jack get married on a planet that hasn't outlawed that kind of thing yet. :insert evil laugh here:
            Luke finally gets his sweet revenge on Daniel. AND HE KILLS JACK!! And he tries to kill McKay but McKay manages to survive... barely. Keep him around for more torment later.

Sam and Luke end up together instead.

Siler and Chevron Guy manage to save the Earth from destruction, all by themselves, AND Siler gets to use his Big F***in' Wrench AND he doesn't get hurt.

Comment

No, No NO, Shadowboy!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                Luke finally gets his sweet revenge on Daniel. AND HE KILLS JACK!! And he tries to kill McKay but McKay manages to survive... barely. Keep him around for more torment later.

Siler and Chevron Guy manage to save the Earth from destruction, all by themselves, AND Siler gets to use his Big F***in' Wrench AND he doesn't get hurt.
                If you can't beat 'em join 'em, eh?

I say what ever happens in the episode, in the end the gou'ald should win and take over earth.
                ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by David
                  No, No NO, Shadowboy!
                  Boy? Now you're trying to antagonize me, kiddo. I should report you to the mods!

And yes, yes, YES. If I can choose my own warped elements, Luke gets Sam, all the appropriate people (by my reckoning) die or are defeated, and the underdogs rule the day!

Comment

i knew you'd get into the spirit of the thread if i taunted you with it.

i'd like to add to your suggestions if i may;

in the next episode, silers name goes before the title in the opening credits.
                    and luke kills jack with the big wrench.

Comment

This could be a blast -- think of it:
                      Star Trek spoof - Teal'c and Warf going at it in some kind of violent ritual that must ocurr between their species every 100 years or so..
                      X-Files - Mulder and Jack - dry wit and sacarsm reigns, with Mulder totally thrilled that the conspiracy to conceal alien visits actually DOES exist; meanwhile Scully and Sam could discuss writing a new book, "The Rules for Work Based Relationships"...
                      Star Wars - Obi Wan Kenobi and Daniel write a constitution for planetary alliances...
                      Farscape - Eryn Sun and Sam go clothes and weapons shopping together... Rygel has an appetite for symbiotes.. Jack and (Ben Browders' character -- I forget his name) get drunk together off world and get into a bar fight

The possibilities are endless..

Comment

and luke kills jack with the big wrench.
                        And then Siler has to prove his innocence even though the evidence against him is overwhelming- Jack's constant put-downs of him, Jack's ignoring Siler's advice, Jack being responsible for all of Siler's "accidents"... it'll look like Sly's the one who finally got revenge... But in the end, it'll be blamed on Daniel, who is jealous because Jack wouldn't take him fishing, but he took THOR.

Comment

Interesting concept,but I tend to feel it would be impossible to please everyone,no matter how many fans sent requests! (No change there anyway,IMO ).

SG-1 writers have usually included a "Funny" ep anyway,among the more serious plotlines.Sometimes they've been good,others,eg, "Avenger 2.0" haven't appealed to me at all !

Other posters may disagree strongly with me,but I'll say it anyway!
                          I feel there's no real need for the PTB to film a "Spoof " episode,as there's been enough messing around with the characters and storylines already !

Anytime I want to view SG1 in jest or explore different possibilities,there's a whole mass of Fan Fiction freely available.
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

And then Siler has to prove his innocence even though the evidence against him is overwhelming- Jack's constant put-downs of him, Jack's ignoring Siler's advice, Jack being responsible for all of Siler's "accidents"... it'll look like Sly's the one who finally got revenge... But in the end, it'll be blamed on Daniel, who is jealous because Jack wouldn't take him fishing, but he took THOR.
                            and then thor shows up and wonders why his secret boyfriend jack hasn't been calling lately, and when he finds out and thinks that daniel killed him, he and daniel have a fight to the death, where they play the same music from the episode of star trek (amok time) where kirk and spock had to fight to the death.

the end of the episode has the new sg-1 going through the gate.
                            jack = siler
                            sam = sam
                            daniel = luke
                            teal'c = mckay

(hammond got bored with being in the control room all the time and decided to take over the infirmary, where the real power is!)

Comment

(hammond got bored with being in the control room all the time and decided to take over the infirmary, where the real power is!)
                              I thought that was the cafeteria...

Comment

Working...
                              X