Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Tauri more advanced then Ancients in some ways?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Tauri more advanced then Ancients in some ways?

In some ways, i think we're more advanced than the Ancients. My evidence for this is that we've managed to do things on Atlantis that the Ancients either didn't try or tried and gave up on.
    For instance:
    1. Hyperdrive for Puddlejumpers
    2. Ability to cloak Atlantis
    3. build a gate-bridge between the Pegasus and Milky Way Galaxies.
    Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

WE arent so much more advanced as massively more resorceful we make what we have go alot further.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Commander View Post
      In some ways, i think we're more advanced than the Ancients. My evidence for this is that we've managed to do things on Atlantis that the Ancients either didn't try or tried and gave up on.
      For instance:
      1. Hyperdrive for Puddlejumpers
      2. Ability to cloak Atlantis
      3. build a gate-bridge between the Pegasus and Milky Way Galaxies.
      1. The Ancients never needed this, so why would they bother inventing it...?
      2. Same as above, and besides, we just plugged a jumper into the shield, for all we know the Ancients were well-aware of this ability.
      3. When you have endless ZPMs, why do you need a pathetic gate bridge?
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
        2. Same as above, and besides, we just plugged a jumper into the shield, for all we know the Ancients were well-aware of this ability.
        Okay, those weren't the best examples. However now that i've had time to think about this, i do have to agree with eps200. We're not more advanced, but we might be more resourceful.
        Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

One thing we are better with is tactics.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
            Yeah, that's one thing infighting here on Earth has really helped us with. We have incredibly tactical experience, whereas the Ancients hadn't fought a war in millions of years; they'd probably forgotten the very basics of large-scale combat.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Hitler helped us in a big way-By being the unmentionable he was he prepared us tor Egotistical, Melodramatical Meglomanics from Space as he was very similar. Perhaps he would have made a good host

Comment

I was thinking about a reason why the Ancient's might've possibly wanted too have a hyperdrive-equipped puddlejumper. what if the gate they went through (either planet or space based) was captured by the Wraith. Normally they would've attacked, but they were outnumbered by the Darts. they could've used the hyperdrive to get back to Atlantis.
                Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                Hitler helped us in a big way-By being the unmentionable he was he prepared us tor Egotistical, Melodramatical Meglomanics from Space as he was very similar. Perhaps he would have made a good host
                That's a scary thought, Hitler a Goa'uld.

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
                I guess that's one of only good things that came out of all the infighting.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Commander View Post
                  I was thinking about a reason why the Ancient's might've possibly wanted too have a hyperdrive-equipped puddlejumper. what if the gate they went through (either planet or space based) was captured by the Wraith. Normally they would've attacked, but they were outnumbered by the Darts. they could've used the hyperdrive to get back to Atlantis.
                  You're just grasping at reasons why they might ever need such a thing, though, you're not pointing out any aspect of something that we've done that the Ancients couldn't have.

Comment

Yeah, that's one thing infighting here on Earth has really helped us with. We have incredibly tactical experience, whereas the Ancients hadn't fought a war in millions of years; they'd probably forgotten the very basics of large-scale combat.
                    what tactic would you have used to win a war against an enemy who has unlimited numbers and can literally grow ships the size of citys and soilders?
                    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                      what tactic would you have used to win a war against an enemy who has unlimited numbers and can literally grow ships the size of citys and soilders?
                      Disable the stargate network and contract Janus to work on the Attero device.

Comment

Disable the stargate network and contract Janus to work on the Attero device.
                        but how do you know that the new version off the gate system they placed in pegasus is even capable of being disable like the milkyway gate system is. it could be immune to the kind of tampering that felgers virus did and i doubt that the gates have an off switch.

and they wouldnt have known about that option at first. what would you have done before that? proboly what the ancients did build ships and attack the wraith.
                        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

but how do you know that the new version off the gate system they placed in pegasus is even capable of being disable like the milkyway gate system is. it could be immune to the kind of tampering that felgers virus did and i doubt that the gates have an off switch.

and they wouldnt have known about that option at first. what would you have done before that? proboly what the ancients did build ships and attack the wraith.
                          First off, the Ancients built the stargates. I'm fairly sure they could shut the system down...

And until Janus figured it out I'd do the same thing; shut down the grid until I needed to get somewhere, then power up the two necessary stargates and send through mini-drones to take out the Wraith soldiers and big drones to destroy the darts, cruisers, and hives. Once done, shut down the gates again and wait for the Wraith to make the next move.

Comment

First off, the Ancients built the stargates. I'm fairly sure they could shut the system down...

And until Janus figured it out I'd do the same thing; shut down the grid until I needed to get somewhere, then power up the two necessary stargates and send through mini-drones to take out the Wraith soldiers and big drones to destroy the darts, cruisers, and hives. Once done, shut down the gates again and wait for the Wraith to make the next move.
                            but how do you know that the gate system can be so readily turned on and off and how do you know it can even be turned off at all, like i said the new stargates could have more sophisticated programming that makes it immune to the type of tampering felgers virus did with the help of ba'al.

also how do you know drones can even be sent through the gate activated and controlled?
                            STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

but how do you know that the gate system can be so readily turned on and off and how do you know it can even be turned off at all, like i said the new stargates could have more sophisticated programming that makes it immune to the type of tampering felgers virus did with the help of ba'al.

also how do you know drones can even be sent through the gate activated and controlled?
                              As for the gates, because there's no evidence the programming in the Pegasus gates is really any different from the programming in the Milky Way gates. They all need to undergo correlative updates just like the ones near us need to, so they have the same weakness to an Avenger-like program. All I'd need to do is just rewrite the addresses so no one but the Ancients could use the gates.

As for the drones, they're essentially guided missiles. I'd just fire them through a gate on one end, have a holographic representation of the other planet set up so I could see where I'm sending them, and tell the drones to target what I want.

Comment

Working...
                              X