This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ascension in SGU

Oma once said there are many plans of existence and that ascension is just the beginning of the path...I for one hope that beings on a higher plane then the Ori or even the Ancients are incorporated
    "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

I for one am sick ascension. Its the ultimate plot device that I hope is used as little as possible
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
      Oma once said there are many plans of existence and that ascension is just the beginning of the path...I for one hope that beings on a higher plane then the Ori or even the Ancients are incorporated
      I'd like to see more Ascended. Particularly Ascended Ancients. It would be interesting to see if their laws are the same as the Milky Way and Pegasus Ascended.

Comment

Being that the Universe is such a huge place, I guess it's inevitable that ascension is featured in some SGU story lines and I for one don't mind as long as there is more emphasis placed on races that have ascended, than ascension itself as actual ascension has been shown in SG1 quite a few times.

Comment

I want to see more people ascend, but not really deal with much ascension.

Comment

i want to see everything that has to do with ascension and ancients cuz it's the thing that made sg-1 great and atlantis suck and its the one thing that makes sg franchise special, there are many places where you can see other palnets, star ships but only 1 place where you get to hear/see ancients. oh and there is one great thing about ancients story lines they are always huge and exciting to watch(ori, the whole 4 races thing, sgu is an ancient storyline as well )
            ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

No Thanks, as that will mostly likely lead to another Anubis or Ori situation with a bad guy using his or hers "Powers" to act like a god, as that has been done to death.
              sigpic
              Banner Made By Me for Me
              The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Well, the Ori are
                Spoiler:
                dead, so they are out of the picture, unless Adria defeats Morgan.

As far as the ascended Ancients go, it would be logical to have them take an interest in what's going on with the Destiny, but
                Spoiler:
                the few Ascended who were willing to interact with unascended being are gone,
                so we probably won't see any direct communication.

In tems of people ascending, Daniel is a pretty special guy, and he almost couldn't do it. Without help from Oma, it wouldn't have happened. I don't see anyone else ascending. Daniel
                Spoiler:
                may not be able to do it again. He didn't in Continuum.

Comment

i really dont care. If there are ascended then great, if not i really dont care!

sigpic
                  Sig made by squirrely1
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
                  *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

Originally posted by NIMBUS View Post
                    i want to see everything that has to do with ascension and ancients cuz it's the thing that made sg-1 great and atlantis suck and its the one thing that makes sg franchise special, there are many places where you can see other palnets, star ships but only 1 place where you get to hear/see ancients. oh and there is one great thing about ancients story lines they are always huge and exciting to watch(ori, the whole 4 races thing, sgu is an ancient storyline as well )
                    Totally agree with everyting you just said.

Comment

No Thanks, as that will mostly likely lead to another Anubis or Ori situation with a bad guy using his or hers "Powers" to act like a god, as that has been done to death.
                      It has been done... twice. Yeah, really overdone.

Comment

I agree. I've had enough of Ascension being used as a plotline. It's been beaten to death with a sledgehammer.

Comment

the things about ascension that have been done to death are ascended bad guyz and idle ascended beings... other possibilities have been barely scratched(ancients helping,ancients even just talking, ancients ...)

they (on sgu) could even have an ancient coming to destiny to travel with us he/she(preferably ) could even stay concealed and 'give' us 'luck' because other ancients are too far away (in other galaxies) to interfere. from the boredom of being alone SHE could even start talking( for example in their dreams) to them that could be nice 'i'm going crazy' episode. maybe SHE could be the representative to other ascended furlings in those galaxies

the possibilities can be endless... we could even have an ascended halper in sg-1 ...the helper would be ans explanation why they (sg1) were always so lucky in saving earth or why they all survive always... everything can happen... in this scenario they could have janus traveled to ancients form visiting different futures and convinced the ancients that they need to appoint a invis. helper to sg1

ANCIENTS ROCK!

I've had enough of Ascension being used as a plotline.
                          ascension hasnt been used as plotline ... k only in the khalek episode and few others...
                          Last edited by NIMBUS; 06 January 2009, 08:21 AM.
                          ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

As long as there is a quality story to with it, then Ascension is perfectly good with me. Would I like to see it being as prominent in SGU as it was in SG1, then the answer is no.

regards,
                            G.
                            Go for Marty...

Comment

I suspect their (TPTB) goal is to drop as much as possible of what has gone before.
                              At least for season 1, then as season 2 is not going so well they'll start pulling stuff out. And when there is doubt about a third season its old guest stars and Aasgard and ascension and the lot

Comment

Working...
                              X