Sheild? Seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheild? Seriously?

I watched the ep when it aired but never posted this. If I recall correctly, nobody could leave because they had a force field around the facility. So this Tunney guy just developed shields? The US Government couldn't even develop shields with all the advanced alien knowledge they had. The Asgard had to give it to them.

When I saw it I did a WTF like I did when they said they had to lower Asgard shields to fire Asgard weapons.

As I understand it, it wasn't a super-sophisticated energy shield, just something to contain the effects of his heat-sink. I admit though, that the special effect they chose to use for it looked a lot like the typical shield's we're used to.
    Brian J. Smith Thunk Thread - New SGU Hottie
    Zachary Quinto Thunk Thread - Sexy/Scary Sylar

Comment

And Area 51 has none...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Empress Vajnraa View Post
        As I understand it, it wasn't a super-sophisticated energy shield, just something to contain the effects of his heat-sink. I admit though, that the special effect they chose to use for it looked a lot like the typical shield's we're used to.
        It really was a containment force field that kept everything in.
        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
          It really was a containment force field that kept everything in.
          And it also kept the horrible storms and weather conditions created out, thus a shield.

Comment

Originally posted by jrd231 View Post
            And it also kept the horrible storms and weather conditions created out, thus a shield.
            No, they only began after it collapsed.

Comment

Working...
            X