Farscape Comic Issue #1 Discussion Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farscape Comic Issue #1 Discussion Spoilers

I believe it was suggested in another thread that we should set up separate threads to discuss the comics. Should we assume spoilers in these, or should we add spoiler tags to the conversation? I won't comment until there is some feedback, beyond saying I am not let down by the first issue.
    Last edited by Randy_Watson; 29 December 2008, 04:41 AM.

I say we assume spoilers, so no tags are needed. But, I would probably put that in the thread title if I was you. I haven't gotten my Issue #1 yet, but I can't wait to hear about it from those that have gotten it.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

OK, sounds good. Can we edit titles, or do we have to get a mod to do that?

Comment

You should be able to edit the title yourself. Just click "edit" on your original post and see if it lets you. If it won't, contact a mod and ask them to add SPOILERS to the title.

x posted this in another thread: I haven't read it all yet, but the one thing that bugs me...the inside artist did NOT get Aeryn right at all. :bleh: It doesn't even LOOK like Claudia. What's with the yellowish brown eyes? Claudia's and in turn, Aeryn's eyes are BLUE.
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I didn't really notice the eyes. For the most part I thought the art was good, but IMO Jothee looks way too much like D'Argo (he looks older).

Comment

Other than the Aeryn issue, the artwork is pretty good. It will take some getting use to that's for sure.

As for Jothee looking like D'Argo, I look a lot like my mom, so Jothee looking a lot like D'Argo doesn't bother me.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
              Other than the Aeryn issue, the artwork is pretty good. It will take some getting use to that's for sure.

As for Jothee looking like D'Argo, I look a lot like my mom, so Jothee looking a lot like D'Argo doesn't bother me.
              But is your dad another species? j/k I know they tend to look alike, I just thought they made him look too old.

It did seem awfully short, but I guess I'm not used to Comics, so that's probably the norm. (basically it seemed like a pre-credit intro to an episode, not an episode itself, and with only 4 coming, that doesn't seem like a lot, but I'm greedy so I'll take what I can get. )

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                But is your dad another species? j/k I know they tend to look alike, I just thought they made him look too old.
                Actually, he is. As for Jothee, maybe Luxan's look older than they really are. I seem to remember Zhaan asking D'Argo how old he was and he mentioned 30 cycles and from Zhaan's comments it seemed to me that that age was considered to still be teenagerish. I could be wrong though.

It did seem awfully short, but I guess I'm not used to Comics, so that's probably the norm. (basically it seemed like a pre-credit intro to an episode, not an episode itself, and with only 4 coming, that doesn't seem like a lot, but I'm greedy so I'll take what I can get. )
                I'll let you know tonight after I've read it. Maybe the 4 will be so popular that they'll keep making more until the webisodes are ready.
                sigpic

Comment

Actually, he is. As for Jothee, maybe Luxan's look older than they really are. I seem to remember Zhaan asking D'Argo how old he was and he mentioned 30 cycles and from Zhaan's comments it seemed to me that that age was considered to still be teenagerish. I could be wrong though.

I'll let you know tonight after I've read it. Maybe the 4 will be so popular that they'll keep making more until the webisodes are ready.
                  That would be great. I hope these comics are very successful.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

So, I know a few of you got it now, how do you feel about it? I hinted at it before, but I think it makes sense to do the Rygel storyline via comic, as it would probably be very expensive for the webisodes. I want to read it again tonight, but it's kind of hard to review it since it seems like not much happened, they just set up the plot. The nice thing is, I think they did a good job of getting the "feel" right, though there are some art issues like Sun mentioned.

Comment

Typical FS stuff. I mean, really did Chiana, Jothee, Crichton and Aeryn really think that things would go smoothly with Bishon?
                      sigpic

Comment

Issue #1 was definitely a lot of set-up for the other 3 issues. I'm glad the comic has the Farscape feel though. I can't wait to see what goes on in Issue #2.

So, who do you guys think is trailing Moya? An old foe, or someone new?
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I think it is someone new.
                          sigpic

Comment

I think it is someone new.
                            Personally, I am still undecided. Hopefully we'll find out in Issue #2.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              Personally, I am still undecided. Hopefully we'll find out in Issue #2.
                              I have a feeling we'll find out at the end of the 4th one. That's how evil Rockne is.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X