This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So where are the R2 Atlantis DVDs?

Usually by now I'm sure, we'd have at least seen a few Region 2 individual DVD volumes crop up for the latest SGA series, and a release date for a complete boxset announced, and yet as of now - nothing. Any one have any explanation?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

this year, season 4 didnt start coming out until feb/march i think, so a bit of a wait to go...
    sigpic
    Thanks to Amaunet for the sig!!!
    My First Gateworld News Item!

Comment

Hmm, fair enough.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hêtshepsu View Post
        this year, season 4 didnt start coming out until feb/march i think, so a bit of a wait to go...
        In the UK the individual discs were released every couple of weeks starting on 2nd June

The main DVD boxset for SGA S4 came out on 4th August 2008 in the UK, so I'm not going to hold my breath while waiting for S5!

(blue face, phew)
        McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Why but individual boxsets? Full boxset is cheaper, has more features I figured. Besides I've still got all the episodes saved on my sky box, to watch while I wait. Which itself, is better as they're in HD while the boxset (probably) won't be.

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
            Why but individual boxsets? Full boxset is cheaper, has more features I figured. Besides I've still got all the episodes saved on my sky box, to watch while I wait. Which itself, is better as they're in HD while the boxset (probably) won't be.
            I do indeed buy the full boxsets, but at least having the individual volumes on sale gives some inclination of the boxset coming and when it'll arrive.

Though personally now, I'm waiting for the complete S1-5.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
              Though personally now, I'm waiting for the complete S1-5.
              Indeed, as am I. Remember me Bennett? We had all that fun with the SG1 complete series, now we can do it all over again with Atlantis!

Comment

Does the complete series boxset hold some bonus over the individuals then?

Comment

Originally posted by sabbon View Post
                  Indeed, as am I. Remember me Bennett? We had all that fun with the SG1 complete series, now we can do it all over again with Atlantis!
                  Oh indeed yes.

Automission, the complete SG1 package had an extra bonus disc full of goodies, whetehr the SGA one does or not remains to be seen, however currently I with Atlantis I only own the first two seasons, I got delayed buying S3 because of the price, and when it dropped (with the release of S4) I heard Atlantis was due to be cancelled, so I figured, why buy S3,4 and 5, probably for a total of £75 at LEAST, when I could just wait for a complete set? Which bearing in mind I picked up the complete SG1 + AoT for about £90, will probably be a good deal cheaper anyway.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Ahh I see! Well, if it has an extra disc, I may be a might annoyed as I'd have to sell my old set to get the extra content. But I might hold out longer, in hope SGA will be release on a complete season Blu Ray set. That'd be fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
                      In the UK the individual discs were released every couple of weeks starting on 2nd June

The main DVD boxset for SGA S4 came out on 4th August 2008 in the UK, so I'm not going to hold my breath while waiting for S5!

(blue face, phew)
                      Indeed! if memory serves, you could pre order the full season box set from about May.

Comment

The complete fourth season has been available for a few weeks now in certain european countries, such as France, Belgium, and the Netherlands. In France, you can even buy a season 1-4 box set, though I think these are sold out now.

But season 4 has been available for a while now in certain countries.

Comment

Working...
                        X