Finally Started to Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Started to Watch

Well, after BSG getting into its forth season, I've finally found myself a place, which has all the BSG episodes (and the startup episodes) avaliable to watch. In the past I had tried to watch, but could never find the three hour (split) starter episodes, and because of this, decided not to watch.

I don't like jumping into a show not knowing what is going on, thus wanted to watch the starters first, and now I have. Overall, I am highly impressed already, plenty of action, enough character development, and plenty of shockers (such as finding out who the Battlestar Cylon actually is).

I must admit though, I did laugh when they got their mission reports on paper, from a printer. They're flying around in ships capable of travelling the galaxy, and they're still reading and writing on... paper?

I do however, have some questions...

1) I ain't so sure how these Cylons have 'evolved' into biological creatures, opposed to their technological counterparts. My only guess is that they somehow grew biological bodies, and then downloaded a conciousness into them or something?

2) Is Galactica the only actual surviving Battlestar? On games, and mods and stuff, I've often heard of others (namely Columbia). Do any others show up later on?

3) Do we ever get to see any other aliens, or is it simply Humans and Cylons? Being a science fiction show based in space, one could assume other aliens pop up now and then. Am just wondering if they do here? - I don't remember ever hearing of any, so I doubt there are, but I must ask.
    sigpic
    It's Probin' Time!

Originally posted by cyberash View Post
    Well, after BSG getting into its forth season, I've finally found myself a place, which has all the BSG episodes (and the startup episodes) avaliable to watch. In the past I had tried to watch, but could never find the three hour (split) starter episodes, and because of this, decided not to watch.

I don't like jumping into a show not knowing what is going on, thus wanted to watch the starters first, and now I have. Overall, I am highly impressed already, plenty of action, enough character development, and plenty of shockers (such as finding out who the Battlestar Cylon actually is).

I must admit though, I did laugh when they got their mission reports on paper, from a printer. They're flying around in ships capable of travelling the galaxy, and they're still reading and writing on... paper?

1) I ain't so sure how these Cylons have 'evolved' into biological creatures, opposed to their technological counterparts. My only guess is that they somehow grew biological bodies, and then downloaded a conciousness into them or something?

2) Is Galactica the only actual surviving Battlestar? On games, and mods and stuff, I've often heard of others (namely Columbia). Do any others show up later on?

3) Do we ever get to see any other aliens, or is it simply Humans and Cylons? Being a science fiction show based in space, one could assume other aliens pop up now and then. Am just wondering if they do here? - I don't remember ever hearing of any, so I doubt there are, but I must ask.
    you really should start to watch this great show.

Other Battlestar has also survided, and there are no aliens (only humans and cylons). BSG is not a scifi like Stargate or Star Trek. It's much more than that.

and there's q quite good reason why they still use papers, phones, etc. and not "scifi stuff"
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

1) This is loosely explained in 'Razor' the movie that was made and aired between seasons 3 and 4.

2) This is hard to answer without spoiling any significant plot points.

Not to worry, answers will come in time

3) Hell no. Edward James Olmos (Adama) had even said in interview that the day someone walks on the set in a rubber mask is the day he walks off the set. And with good reason, that's not what this show is about.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

As said above; just watch it and a lot of your questions will (eventually) be answered.

BSG is basically one big four-season story arc
        Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
          you really should start to watch this great show.
          I intend to.

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
          Other Battlestar has also survided, and there are no aliens (only humans and cylons). BSG is not a scifi like Stargate or Star Trek. It's much more than that.
          Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          3) Hell no. Edward James Olmos (Adama) had even said in interview that the day someone walks on the set in a rubber mask is the day he walks off the set. And with good reason, that's not what this show is about.
          Fair enough I suppose, if the show is about Human and their robotic creations, and the morals etc behind them, I guess we don't need other aliens, even though it does make space seem a bit... empty.

Guess it wouldn't work with ET showing up in Terminator either, huh?

1) This is loosely explained in 'Razor' the movie that was made and aired between seasons 3 and 4.
          Is Razor set between season 3 and 4 too, or is it a preqel / sequel?

2) This is hard to answer without spoiling any significant plot points.
          By all means, spoil away.

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
          BSG is basically one big four-season story arc
          Soon to be five seasons?
          sigpic
          It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Fair enough I suppose, if the show is about Human and their robotic creations, and the morals etc behind them, I guess we don't need other aliens, even though it does make space seem a bit... empty.

Guess it wouldn't work with ET showing up in Terminator either, huh?
            You got it

Is Razor set between season 3 and 4 too, or is it a preqel / sequel?
            Razor is an 'interquel' of sorts.... Technically, chronologically, it's set immediately after 'The Captain's Hand' (late season 2), also telling another story with flashbacks to the period between the initial miniseries and the beginning of season 1.

Razor was made and aired in the season 3/4 gap, and contains certain plot elements which are best not viewed until post-season 3. They're minor, but I think the points are important enough that they not be spoilt unnecessarily early. IMO anyway, there are others here who disagree and think that it could be viewed post-'The Captain's Hand'.

Not a chance

Soon to be five seasons?
            Depends how you want to look at it, I suppose. Season 1 was 13 episodes (plus the mini if you want to count that), season 2 was in two halves of 10, season 3 was 20, season 4.0 was 10. 4.5, premiering in mid-January, is going to be another 10 episodes; possibly 11, there seems to be some dispute surrounding the last 3-4 episodes.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Nooooooooooooooo! Don't do it! BSG is the king of misdirection and sci-fi suspense. Why spoil it?

I mean, was anybody expecting XXXX to shoot XXXX after successfully completing the mission to XXXX the XXXX?!

What about XXXX being one of the unrevealed cylons?

Or what happened when XXXX became president and ordered that the Fleet XXXX on XXXX

Just watch it and avoid spoilers. You know it makes sense
              Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Roslin is actually a man, Starbuck turns out to be Admiral Adama's illegitimate daughter (but she and Lee Adama still go at it anyway), Baltar turns out to be Jesus (turning water into wine and all that stuff), and Sharon accidently lets slip the kill switch command for the Cylons and Tigh triggers it turning them all into sexbots.

Comment

I'll take a Basestar full of Number Eight sexbots any day.
                  I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

For question #'s 1 and 2...all I can say is keep watching. You will like it much better if we don't spoil it.

For question #3...no aliens. Thank goodness.
                    sigpic
                    FOX Network

Comment

NO

please trust me the roller coaster you are on is best enjoyed without spoilers.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                        Roslin is actually a man, Starbuck turns out to be Admiral Adama's illegitimate daughter (but she and Lee Adama still go at it anyway), Baltar turns out to be Jesus (turning water into wine and all that stuff), and Sharon accidently lets slip the kill switch command for the Cylons and Tigh triggers it turning them all into sexbots.
                        way to wreck it for him

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                          Yep......Great show
                          Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

I also have been watching the entire series (including Razor) over the last few months and have just finished season 4 ep 10.

I am truly surprised that I like this series so much, I wasn't expecting to from reading what it is about before. I can't wait for the final episodes of season 4 to start airing, this is an awesome show!
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X