This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resident Evil 4 expands the franchise

Resident Evil writer, producer and director Paul W.S. Anderson is currently working with Capcom on the script for the fourth instalment in the horror franchise.

Speaking to IGN, Anderson confirmed that "the script side is happening", but that production may be delayed "until the whole SAG [strike] thing is resolved."

The movie will continue to develop the franchise in tandem with the changes occurring in the videogame's universe. Anderson noted "the game has been in Antarctica, in Raccoon City, now it's in Africa."

Anderson refused to comment on whether the sequel would focus on Milla Jovovich's character, Alice, or Ali Larter's Claire Redfield, but promised that the fourth movie will "give the audience something fresh but something that fits within the world of the videogame."

http://www.dwscifi.com/news/2894-res...-the-franchise

Oh good God, I thought we'd seen the dire movie series choke on it's own reincarnated flesh. Why must it be brought back? The first movie was good enough, and could be slotted neatly prior to Resident Evil 0, explaining why the Raccoon City facility was a mess way before the Birkin incident. But the second and third movie completely screwed with existing canon, and can't even be forgiven for it by having a decent and intelligent plot. The existing characters from the games were butchered in terms of characterisation, and even their back stories ala Claire Redfield and Nemesis. Anderson simply used the guise of the Resident Evil name to throw his own sub par story forward. Paying little attention to what made the original games a hit. He doesnt care about producing a decent RE movie, he simply wants HIS original creation, Alice, to continue with her infuriating adventures.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
      Oh good God, I thought we'd seen the dire movie series choke on it's own reincarnated flesh. Why must it be brought back? The first movie was good enough, and could be slotted neatly prior to Resident Evil 0, explaining why the Raccoon City facility was a mess way before the Birkin incident. But the second and third movie completely screwed with existing canon, and can't even be forgiven for it by having a decent and intelligent plot.
      That's why you don't treat it like it's part of the game canon. Treat it like you treat pretty much any long-term entertainment family these days, more than one accepted continuity. They're entertaining enough if you just unplug your brain.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Personally, I enjoyed all 3 Resident Evil movies. Very much so actually. So I really look forward to the 4th installment.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I still thought Romero's script followed the RE universe better, but that's a long time ago.

So, I look as this as Resident Evil from a different universe. Has its ups and downs, but still pretty entertaining. I just keep the game info separate.

But the last one was getting a little ridiculous with the whole, clones, Vegas covered in sand and super zombies.
          Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            That's why you don't treat it like it's part of the game canon. Treat it like you treat pretty much any long-term entertainment family these days, more than one accepted continuity. They're entertaining enough if you just unplug your brain.
            I know. But even then, save for the first film, I simply can't. I personally feel that aside from being bad Resident Evil movies, they're just bad movies. I've sat down and watched all three and for the second two wished I hadn't. Really...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
              I still thought Romero's script followed the RE universe better, but that's a long time ago.
              Romero's a legend.
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                Romero's a legend.
                Indeed he is. I don't think anyone would challenge that.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I know. But even then, save for the first film, I simply can't. I personally feel that aside from being bad Resident Evil movies, they're just bad movies. I've sat down and watched all three and for the second two wished I hadn't. Really...
                  Looks like you would enjoy "Resident Evil: Degeneration" , Any way I am a big fan of the Resident Evil Story, and yes i don't like the fact that the movies aren't canon, but they are entertaining non the less (imo).

KEEP IT CLEAN
                  Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                  Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Originally posted by unluckynumber11 View Post
                    Looks like you would enjoy "Resident Evil: Degeneration" , Any way I am a big fan of the Resident Evil Story, and yes i don't like the fact that the movies aren't canon, but they are entertaining non the less (imo).
                    Extremely entertaining to me. I was never that into the game, so I don't even notice them not following canon.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I never played any of the Resident Evil games before, but I certainly did enjoy the movie Degeneration. I hope the 4th movie will be good, personally I felt that the zombies in the 3rd were a bit... fake? Or maybe they were covered with dust/dirt so I wouldn't know considering the condition of the planet. I liked the first Resident Evil movie.. it gave me quite the scare. Then I got freaked while sleeping that night

Comment

Originally posted by unluckynumber11 View Post
                        Actually, I've heard of that, I do certainly look forward to seeing it.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Oh goodie....Another resi film

I've enjoyed the others but I do wish they didn't make the first game so high tech.....I kinda wished they used the characters more that was in the game and maybe had some of the focus on the S.T.A.R.S team but overall i've enjoyed them!
                          sigpic

Comment

Actually, I've heard of that, I do certainly look forward to seeing it.
                            I'll definitely be checking that one out too.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              I'll definitely be checking that one out too.
                              i saw it and it was really good, it is canon so it's not wasting your time if you follow the story, and the animation and models are really well done and best of all the story is really good

KEEP IT CLEAN
                              Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                              Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Working...
                              X