No announcement yet.

Stargate SG1/Atlantis - Top 100 Fictional Femmes of Genre Film and Television

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate SG1/Atlantis - Top 100 Fictional Femmes of Genre Film and Television

At Pink Raygun:

(Please follow the link for the complete list.)

Top 100 Fictional Femmes of Genre Film and Television, 2008 Edition

For all our discussion about the lack of strong women in genre film and TV, we certainly had a hard time narrowing it down to 100 this year’s list of the most powerful fictional femmes.

The Pink Raygun list of the most powerful fictional femmes is inducting several newcomers this year as well making several changes from last year’s rankings. Most notably, last year’s number one, Death, dropping off the list entirely. Her movie, which had been announced at the time of last year’s list, has been stuck in development hell and appears to be going nowhere. Battlestar Galactica’s Cally Tyrol has also dropped off the list due to an incurable (and inexplicably sudden) case of the crazies. BSG’s Starbuck is still on the list, but has dropped in rank considerably, as has Heroes’ Angela Petrelli.

When compiling the list, Pink Raygun’s writers considered several factors. Who has been the most influential, both in their universe and our own? Who has the greatest real-world resonance? Who has the greatest power, physical, mental, super, or otherwise?

And now, the staff of Pink Raygun give you the 2008 edition of the 100 Most Powerful Fictional Femmes of Genre Film and Television:

http://www.pinkraygun.com/2008/12/25...008-edition/4/

63. Dr. Elizabeth Weir (Stargate: Atlantis) Briefly the leader of Stargate Command, this expert diplomatic mediator is now in charge of the Atlantis expedition to the Pegasus galaxy.

62. Samantha Carter (Stargate SG1) - The woman, whose brain is a national treasure, just doesn’t stop. Carter has a Ph.D. in astrophysics, knows her way around a coding environment, biological threats and quantum physics, and is a decorated fighter pilot to boot.

61. Vala Mal Doran (Stargate: SG-1) - This arms-dealer was single-handedly responsible for preventing an invasion of the Milky Way galaxy by destroying a Supergate with a cargo ship.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Originally posted by morjana View Post
    At Pink Raygun:

(Please follow the link for the complete list.)

Top 100 Fictional Femmes of Genre Film and Television, 2008 Edition

For all our discussion about the lack of strong women in genre film and TV, we certainly had a hard time narrowing it down to 100 this year’s list of the most powerful fictional femmes.

The Pink Raygun list of the most powerful fictional femmes is inducting several newcomers this year as well making several changes from last year’s rankings. Most notably, last year’s number one, Death, dropping off the list entirely. Her movie, which had been announced at the time of last year’s list, has been stuck in development hell and appears to be going nowhere. Battlestar Galactica’s Cally Tyrol has also dropped off the list due to an incurable (and inexplicably sudden) case of the crazies. BSG’s Starbuck is still on the list, but has dropped in rank considerably, as has Heroes’ Angela Petrelli.

When compiling the list, Pink Raygun’s writers considered several factors. Who has been the most influential, both in their universe and our own? Who has the greatest real-world resonance? Who has the greatest power, physical, mental, super, or otherwise?

And now, the staff of Pink Raygun give you the 2008 edition of the 100 Most Powerful Fictional Femmes of Genre Film and Television:

http://www.pinkraygun.com/2008/12/25...008-edition/4/

63. Dr. Elizabeth Weir (Stargate: Atlantis) Briefly the leader of Stargate Command, this expert diplomatic mediator is now in charge of the Atlantis expedition to the Pegasus galaxy.

62. Samantha Carter (Stargate SG1) - The woman, whose brain is a national treasure, just doesn’t stop. Carter has a Ph.D. in astrophysics, knows her way around a coding environment, biological threats and quantum physics, and is a decorated fighter pilot to boot.

61. Vala Mal Doran (Stargate: SG-1) - This arms-dealer was single-handedly responsible for preventing an invasion of the Milky Way galaxy by destroying a Supergate with a cargo ship.
    Interesting list. Although, if I'm reading it correctly, I would not have put Vala higher than Sam Carter. Vala's one mentioned accomplishment was great, but certainly not greater than all of Sam's accomplishments over all the years she's been with the SGC. I'm assuming the smaller the number on the list, the more important the person is on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      Interesting list. Although, if I'm reading it correctly, I would not have put Vala higher than Sam Carter. Vala's one mentioned accomplishment was great, but certainly not greater than all of Sam's accomplishments over all the years she's been with the SGC. I'm assuming the smaller the number on the list, the more important the person is on the list?
      Yes, that's correct hedwig about the ranking. The smaller the number, the higher the ranking.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Looks like they just grouped all the Stargate Characters together?
        67 point(s) total!!!!

Comment

Indeed. Love Vala, but Sam is definitely the stronger character.

I'm just sayin'
          sigpic
          sig by Mada
          As a matter of FIC

Comment

Yeah, I mean, she DID blow up a sun...

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post

I'm just sayin'
              My sentiments exactly.

Comment

My sentiments exactly.
                I completely agree, It should have been :

- Sam
                - Weir
                - Vala

I dont mind Vala, she's very entertaining, but Sam and Weir are just "stronger" characters.

Comment

Erm. I have to disagree as honestly Sam bores me. I would have Lizzie or Vala first and second then Sam. But I think Sam is ok first as she has the longest run...

Comment

Originally posted by H0LM3N View Post
                    I completely agree, It should have been :

- Sam
                    - Weir
                    - Vala

I dont mind Vala, she's very entertaining, but Sam and Weir are just "stronger" characters.
                    Exactly.

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
                    Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

seriously no Teyla wtf?

Comment

Vala is the strongest, she survived a Goau'ld and wasn't training to do all the things that she does.
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

I definetely agree that Sam should be first.

1st
                          2nd
                          3rd
                          sigpic
                          The Return of King Arthur
                          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post

I'm just sayin'
                            Depends what you mean by strong, if you mean in-show then yeah, that's because she's a mary sue. In terms of the writing she's had, she's probably one of, if not the weakest female character in the franchise (Other than Weir of course).

Comment

Working...
                            X