This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Books Section!

GateWorld is happy to introduce your complete guide to Stargate books! The new section will cover Stargate novels (past, present, and future), including the new Fandemonium series, as well as non-fiction titles like "Stargate SG-1: The Essential Scripts," and Thomasina Gibson's popular "Illustrated Companion" series from Titan.

Each entry includes the basics (book cover, author, publisher), the publisher's summary, and we hope to add reviews for each book in the days ahead. Currently you can find reviews for "The Illustrated Companion, Volume 3 (Seasons Five and Six)" and the first Fandemonium novel, "Trial By Fire." GateWorld's reviews of "Sacrifice Moon" and "A Matter of Honor" are up next. You can also buy the books on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk and support GateWorld.

Check out the new Books section at: http://www.gateworld.net/books/

We've also launched a new section of the forum, where you can discuss each Stargate book: http://forum.gateworld.net/forumdisplay.php?f=36
    (Look for it inside the "GateWorld Features" section.)
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Great new section! I have a question, though: Why doesn't it include the original movie novelization? It's the only Stargate novel that I've read so far...
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Great news Darren what else have you got planned for gateworld any hints.
      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I haven't seen that one, UP. Is it still available?

Wass -- next up we have some nifty interviews. About six have already been conducted and are in process, and at least three or four are on deck still to be conducted.

Comment

Originally posted by GateWorld
          I searched Amazon.com and my local library district catalog for it, nothing. Although, I have heard about it before.

Wass -- next up we have some nifty interviews. About six have already been conducted and are in process, and at least three or four are on deck still to be conducted.
          So, when can we expect the first of these nifty interviews to be released??
          Rocky

Comment

Looks like it. Although if you include it, I would suggest including a note (regarding canon) like with the McCay novels, as it seems to follow that continuity (or at least, it's not very compatible with the established SG-1 universe).

Comment

I have one point is there going to be a permanent link from your home page to the book section, only it is pretty well embedded into the forum via Gateworld Features, just seems a bit hidden to me?
              jan t
              jan t

Comment

Originally posted by jantreeuk1
                I have one point is there going to be a permanent link from your home page to the book section, only it is pretty well embedded into the forum via Gateworld Features, just seems a bit hidden to me?
                jan t
                There is one. If you roll you mouse over the "Franchise" box, located on the navigation bar at the top of the homepage, a new drop-down menu will pop up revealing several choices. Just click on the link that says "Books."
                Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                  So, when can we expect the first of these nifty interviews to be released??
                  Probably in the next few days. It's one of mine. I'm extremely pleased with it. One my favorites, and the main portion of it will be spoiler-free so everyone can view it. Consider it an experiment.

Comment

The original Stargate novel is out of print. I had to purchase my book from an ebay auction.

pettygrew

Comment

The hardcover edition, at least, is still listed on amazon.

Comment

I just wanted to recommend one thing Darren that is to add "Home" button on menu bar so you can simply click on it to get to the main page where as now if you click on for example "Atlantis" you have to click on the back button to get to the main page.

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Wass, do you mean returning to the GateWorld home page, or the Books section home page.

Click on the site logo in the top left corner on any page on the site (other than the forum) to return to the site home page.

Each Books section page also includes a small "MAIN" link, between PREVIOUS and NEXT, which will take you back to the Books section main page -- just like in other sections of the site.
                          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Thanks that answers my question

Comment

Working...
                            X