This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wraith UGLY THINGs

Ok right, correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure somewhere in the first season we establish that there is about 60 hive ships in pegasus and others in other galaxys

Im like 1000000% positive weve killed about 59 hive ships
    so how many could possibly be left?
    and the other galaxy thing
    i thought wraith didnt have good enough hyperspace to do that?
    im probly wrong about this but i didnt think it would hurt to ask because i love stargate very much and i want some answers thanks

Firstly, it was stated that there were at least 60 Hives in the galaxy. It's probably a more conservative estimate, because there are (presumably) hundreds of Human-populated worlds, each with hundreds or thousands of humans on the surface.

In 'Lost Tribe' it was stated that millions were in danger, so I'm guessing there are millions of humans alive today in the Pegasus galaxy. That's plenty o' food for just 60 hives. Basically, I'm guessing there's more Hives than that, perhaps upwards towards 100.

And I counted 15 Hives destroyed by or because of the Atlantis team (plus the 12 Woolsey said the Asurans destroyed, in "Inquisition".)
    Brian J. Smith Thunk Thread - New SGU Hottie
    Zachary Quinto Thunk Thread - Sexy/Scary Sylar

Comment

Your both completely wrong on the Hive count. Peter Grodin discovered, using the help of a wraith storage device, indicated that there were 60 hive ships in the spacial areas around Atlantis alone which only included the ships that were active and not still in slumber. See the Episode Underground. It was not determined that there were Wraith in other Galaxies which would be a major plot hole. Also so far it has been counted that 29 Wraith hive Ships have been destroyed.

Comment

I wonder how long it would take for the wraith to build new ships, because they could possibly have made more.... Don't they find out how many there are in one of the eps? I think there were well over 200....
        EDIT: + the wraith are cool, not ugly... well, maybe the females

Comment

Where are you guys getting your numbers from?
          Are you keeping a running tally?
          Spoiler:
          In any case, as we have seen in SGA wraith hives and criusers can be easily spawned, so it wouldnt ba hard to replace lost hives.

Comment

Spoiler tags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didnt want to read that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sigpic
            Sig made by squirrely1
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
            *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

Originally posted by Forgottensmoke View Post
              and the other galaxy thing
              i thought wraith didnt have good enough hyperspace to do that?
              They could get to another galaxy, it would just take a long time. I think it would actually be a good plan for a group of Wraith to send out some kind of generational colony ship to another galaxy. They could carry a whole crop of humans in stasis to seed their new home with once they got there, and they'd be free of competition from other Wraith.
              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                They could get to another galaxy, it would just take a long time. I think it would actually be a good plan for a group of Wraith to send out some kind of generational colony ship to another galaxy. They could carry a whole crop of humans in stasis to seed their new home with once they got there, and they'd be free of competition from other Wraith.

The Wraith wouldn't need a generational ship because they don't die of natural aging. Also they need to know the exact location of the new galaxy and the spots that they need to drop of hyperspace so their organic ships can recover from the effects of hyperspace radation. Plus dropping out of hyperspace in an unknown location they could end up dropping out in a blackhole or something worse, plus they would need a fleet of ships to do that (which wouldn't be that hard for a sizable faction) but they would need at least one hive, two supply ships(one for them to feed on during the long jorney and another to seed the new galaxy), and a number of science vessels to carry seeds and power supplies to start building new ships and ground facalities upon arrivial, then most would need to hibernate for thousands of years while the humans grew in population. But it's a good idea if they can upgrade their FTL drives and discover the location of a new galaxy.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Comment

For one hyperdrives are not called FTL Drives. If they were we would be in battlestar galactica.

Two: we got told that there are around 60 hives in the small area of the galaxy around atlantis but only a very small portion of the galaxy. It was not mentioned how many would be in the rest of the galaxy. It's stupid to speculate cause the figures are stupid if you were able to work out how much of the galaxy they counted the ships from. Then you could times that number hopefully a percentage by enough to make 100% then that would be a rough calculation.

Comment

About the hyperdrives.... the wraith had hyperdrives that would take them ages to get there until some wraith integrated 304 hyperdrives into a couple of hives... the hives would still need to stop every now and again but a lot less often (they also found the location of earth at the same time).
                    This happened at the end of season 2
                    "The chinese government does not believe in hiding secrets from it's people"

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Answers View Post
                      For one hyperdrives are not called FTL Drives. If they were we would be in battlestar galactica.

Two: we got told that there are around 60 hives in the small area of the galaxy around atlantis but only a very small portion of the galaxy. It was not mentioned how many would be in the rest of the galaxy. It's stupid to speculate cause the figures are stupid if you were able to work out how much of the galaxy they counted the ships from. Then you could times that number hopefully a percentage by enough to make 100% then that would be a rough calculation.

FTL is just an abbrevation for faster than light.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Comment

Working...
                      X