This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

destroying a wraith

One of the photos that Thor recently posted on his site had a thumbnail photo that I first thought showed Sheppard with a zat, but on enlarging the picture, I could see it was a handgun.

It led me to wonder, though: we've seen that Wraith can be killed with bullets, but it may take a number of them to do it. What effect do you think a zat would have? Would it take all three shots to actually do damage?

J.
    "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

given their ability to absorb life energy, i would be interested to see the effect of energy weapons on the wraith. we have seen that their stunner rifles will stun them, but those weapons are only meant to stun in the first place, not kill. i wonder if the zats would effect the wraith or if the would be able to absorb, some, if not all, of a zats energy, thus lessening or negating the effects of a zat out right.

Comment

"Suspicion" (Season 1, Atlantis)
      Spoiler:
      When Sheppard shot Steve with the Wraith stunner, it only knocked him to the ground, it didn't knock him out. At least, that's how I remember it.
      Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
        "Suspicion" (Season 1, Atlantis)
        Spoiler:
        When Sheppard shot Steve with the Wraith stunner, it only knocked him to the ground, it didn't knock him out. At least, that's how I remember it.
        yes well the wraiths high level of durability would make it that their own weapons would not affect then very much since they would be set to stun a human, still it could have something to do with them absorbing energy

Comment

screw them their to smart, god.... we need (nice) ancients not steal atlantis ancients
          Spoiler:
          Originally posted by daredevil-k's signature using the quote
          god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like this

Comment

Originally posted by daredevil-k View Post
            screw them their to smart, god.... we need (nice) ancients not steal atlantis ancients
            Umm what?
            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1 View Post
              One of the photos that Thor recently posted on his site had a thumbnail photo that I first thought showed Sheppard with a zat, but on enlarging the picture, I could see it was a handgun.

It led me to wonder, though: we've seen that Wraith can be killed with bullets, but it may take a number of them to do it. What effect do you think a zat would have? Would it take all three shots to actually do damage?

J.
              I always questioned the fact we did not have zat guns and staff weapons in Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf O'Donnell View Post
                I always questioned the fact we did not have zat guns and staff weapons in Atlantis.
                Energy weapons are not always as reliable as projectile weapons.
                http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Correct me if im wrong but doesnt tealc zat a wraith in Midway?

Best Stargate quote:
                  Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

I've been wondering the same thing.
                    I assume there would be enough in the SGC to ship some over to Atlantis to see how they would work against the Wraith, or any other baddies they come across

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                      Energy weapons are not always as reliable as projectile weapons.
                      Or so the writers keep having their characters tell us.

It was to separate SGA from SG-1, though IMO it makes the expedition look dumber to not take any zats with them. This issue could have easily been resolved if the Wraith were simply made immune to zats like the bounty hunter from Deadman's Switch.

Comment

You want to know how to really destroy a Wraith?

Tell him it's time for a new look 'cause the one he has now is soooo 1990s. It just crushes 'em.

das
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                          You want to know how to really destroy a Wraith?

Tell him it's time for a new look 'cause the one he has now is soooo 1990s. It just crushes 'em.

das
                          Lol
                          supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
                            Correct me if im wrong but doesnt tealc zat a wraith in Midway?
                            Indeed, the Wraith were affected exactly the same as everyone else who we have seen shot with a zat. He only shot them once so I often wonder what happened when they woke up.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
                              Indeed, the Wraith were affected exactly the same as everyone else who we have seen shot with a zat. He only shot them once so I often wonder what happened when they woke up.
                              Im guessing they finished them off while they were still stunned.
                              Save Stargate Atlantis!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ6iLrY_HkA

Comment

Working...
                              X