This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UnSanctioned Release of SGA Final two Episodes

Since the cat is out of the bag so to speak for many and they have watched an unsanctioned release of the Final Two SGA episodes. We are allowing discussion of the episodes here.

Even though We have placed the words *Spoilers* in the title we ask that you take the extra step of still using *Spoiler Tags* in your post.

Many folks do not want to be spoiled as the series comes to an end and might possibly still stumble in here.

This is the ONLY thread for this discussion until the episode airs.

Thank You
    GateWorld Staff
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

I just watched the last two episodes of Atlantis.
    Spoiler:
    They could have ended it so much better. 'Vegas" was a good episode, I like what they did (Wraith in a parallel universe coming to a parallel Earth and sending a distress call to the other Wraith, giving them the coordinates to Earth. And this distress going into other parallel universes). But then when it came to 'Enemy at the Gate,' it was lacking for a series ender. The title pretty much gave away what was going to happen, excluding details. The Wraith finally come to Earth but their efforts were thwarted. It would have been so awesome if they had ended the episode with the Wraith arriving in orbit over Earth then the ep ended, that would have been a great cliffhanger. But there was no cliffhanger!!! SG1 had the same problem, the series finale was so stupid, a great cop-out. They said that Atlantis' finale was going to be a cliffhanger. There wasn't one. There should have been. This season as a whole was lacking. Some of the stories were plain out retarded (The Seed, Whispers, Tracker, Inquisition, Brain Storm, Identity). They could have done some great things in their last season. I think the writers got lazy, they had gotten lazy since season three. Since the end of season two, things have gone downhill. Stupid episode after stupid episode. One and two are the great seasons. Don't get me wrong, there were a lot of good things that happened in 3 through 5 but for the most part, very disappointing. They could have done something great in 'Identity,' like bring the Ori into the picture which I thought they were going to do with the Ancient communication device, but they didn't. I mean I am not usually big on the writers bringing things that were in SG1 to Atlantis (the Goa'uld, the Replicators, the Asgard), but the Ori is one storyline that I am a huge fan of. Evil Ancients, can't get better than that. They could have saved the show if they brought the Ori into it or brought the rogue Asgard back into the picture, I wish they would have explored that more. Or bring the Ancients back or something. This is my favorite show of all time and they disappointed me. Maybe these movies will make up for it. Maybe Universe will be great from the start, maybe not. SG1's end was a disappointment and so was Atlantis'. Great characters in lacking storylines. I mean I probably couldn't have written any better but it being the last season, you would think that they would want to go out with a bang, there was barely any bang. I am sorry Robert C. Cooper and Brad Wright, you have failed your fans. Maybe go back to writing school and learn how to be writers.

I am looking to Stargate Universe to bring in better things. I will miss Atlantis. But I will not miss the repetition of throw away episodes. Seasons one and two, each episode had a purpose. Michael was by far one of the greatest characters written for Atlantis. In him we saw morality issues, vengeance and compassion. He went out with a bang. The resolution with the Replicators was very nice. The Wraith are still thriving, they did not defeat them; but maybe they shouldn't, don't want to copy right off of SG1. The Genii didn't have any involvement after season 3, which was a bummer. Bringing Carson back was stupid, and a cop-out way of doing it (he's a clone, what bull****!). What happened to the Travelers? The Last Man was a brilliant episode. What happens with McKay and Keller?

Needless to say I am very frustrated with my favorite show's ending.
    Last edited by TameFarrar; 22 December 2008, 09:01 PM.

Comment

I know what you are talking about. But I MUST stress, that this site DOES NOT support "Piracy" nor does it support downloading "Pre-Air" episodes. However being I am a rabid Stargate fan (as well as a few other Sci-fi fan) I can understand wanting to see it asap and jumping on the first chance of seeing it.

But, with that said. The rating do get impacted by people downloading torrents of the show before it is suppose to air or not watching it on TV when it does air. Because it doesn't show that x amount of people watched it.
      Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
      End of line.

Comment

Well...

Spoiler:

I've an evil, evil person and I downloaded the episodes.

Oh, my. We're in for a treat when they air on the SciFi Channel with all the complete SFX added.

'Enemy at the Gate' is just marvelous -- one of the best series finales I've even seen, including ST:TNG's 'All Good Things' which was my previous best favorite. 'Enemy at the Gate' has taken its place now.

I loved all the nods to Stargate canon, the new technology creation (Stargate: Universe must use this) and more.

'Vegas' was also very interesting...possibly one of the best Robert C. Cooper episodes in a long time.

It ALMOST makes up for that crappy SG1 'Unending' that was forced upon us.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Aside of what I posted in a different thread, I still don't support downloading pre-air. But, being I am getting transferred to Ramstein Airforce Base when it will air. I will not get a chance to see it, so I threw caution to the air.

I found Vegas surprisingly entertaining and well written. It kept true to the Stargate franchise. And honestly (on a quality note) I found the quality of the "Pre-air" very very good. Almost Hi-Def in quality. I haven't watched Enemy at the gate yet.
          Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
          End of line.

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
            Well...

Spoiler:

I've an evil, evil person and I downloaded the episodes.

Oh, my. We're in for a treat when they air on the SciFi Channel with all the complete SFX added.

'Enemy at the Gate' is just marvelous -- one of the best series finales I've even seen, including ST:TNG's 'All Good Things' which was my previous best favorite. 'Enemy at the Gate' has taken its place now.

I loved all the nods to Stargate canon, the new technology creation (Stargate: Universe must use this) and more.

'Vegas' was also very interesting...possibly one of the best Robert C. Cooper episodes in a long time.

It ALMOST makes up for that crappy SG1 'Unending' that was forced upon us.

HEY I liked Unending. I think it was a proper goodbye for SG1. I think killing off the Asgard was wrong. But all in all a good ep.
            End of line.

Comment

Whatever dude!!! I had to see it, couldn't wait any longer. I waited for disappointment.

Comment

One thing that has be bugging me ever i watched both of the episode is that what on earth is the other ship? The Tzun Tshu? Another 304?

Comment

I haven't watched the whole eps yet, just bits and peices. I usually wait for the series DVD release to watch the entire season together, but I've seen enough to be really excited about these two episodes.

I think fans will either love or hate 'Vegas'. It's certainly different, and I saw quite a bit more of it then I did of EATG because it was intriguing and kept me engrossed, but the ending of that really got to me. Seemed very poingnant and Joe acted that scene brilliantly, the facial expressions were subtle yet heart wrenching. Sheppard is a man with some heavy emotional baggage especially in the Vegas universe, I really felt for the character and still feel sad days after. I have to ask though-
                  Spoiler:
                  Some fans have speculated that the Rodney in 'Vegas' is the 'Rod' we met awhile back, but I'm not so sure. He seems very simular and mentions meeting Sheppard after being dragged through into his universe etc so that all sounded like he was supposed to be 'Rod', but I'm sure in that episode Rod mentioned his Sheppard being part of the Atlantis team and a member of the Mensa branch etc. So is this yet another Rodney that was shunted through to yet another AU where there was an Atlantis team simular to ours?

I can't wait until these eps are released in all their final edited glory and hear what ther fans have to say about it.
                  Last edited by gottaluvit; 22 December 2008, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ohnd View Post
                    One thing that has be bugging me ever i watched both of the episode is that what on earth is the other ship? The Tzun Tshu? Another 304?
                    I got the feeling it was another 304, and it was named after Sun Tzu, the author of The Art of War.

Comment

Originally posted by ohnd View Post
                      Spoiler:

The Sun Tzu...named after the Chinese author of a book of military strategy, 'The Art of War,' sometime in the area between 722BC to 221BC, as Sun Tzu has a variety of authenticity.

Usually, he's mentioned in war movies or mercenary flicks

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Such a shame Elizabeth did not get a proper ending. It feels so wrong that she wasn't there with them. She should have been there, whether Torri or Michelle. And I hope that she will return some day.

Comment

The homage to Don S. Davis at the end was nice.

I also wonder what the "super secret" mission the Odyssey was on. Third SG-1 movie, perhaps?

Comment

I liked them both a lot! Especially Vegas - way different for a Stargate episode.
                            Spoiler:
                            Just a few generalized comments for now.
                            Vegas - a seriously trippy episode (kind of felt like I was high or something watching it ), and probably not for everyone, but I think I liked it as well or better than any ep the franchise has ever made. I am still feeling melancholy hours after watching it. Shep is a seriously tragic figure, no matter what reality he exists in.
                            The guys (Shep, Rodney, Radek) were serioulsy hot and Keller (gasp) was perfect as the coroner. I liked the other characters that they worked into these end episodes too. Interesting spines on the back of the Wraith, watching him put on his makeup was cool.
                            I liked how they tied it into EatG, and it's nice to be able to watch them one right after another.
                            Enemy at the Gate was a good, solid SciFi episode, and I think it will be even better once the final effects are worked into it. The fate of Todd was somewhat ambiguous, leaving it open for him to come back in the movies - yay!
                            Again, I was a bit saddened that all the main team members had "someone" by the end except for Shep.
                            But Go Carson - Fly that City!

Comment

Carson looks great flying that city. That isn't very productive discussion, but ti's true. I watch for him flying alone.

Comment

Working...
                              X